Windows 10: Is it impossible to create Volume Up / Volume Down keyboard shotcuts??

Discus and support Is it impossible to create Volume Up / Volume Down keyboard shotcuts?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The closest thing I could find was this %windir%\System32\SndVol.exe -f 49825268 but that just opens the volume mixer, doesn't actually change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Haunting_Glove, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Is it impossible to create Volume Up / Volume Down keyboard shotcuts??

The closest thing I could find was this

%windir%\System32\SndVol.exe -f 49825268

but that just opens the volume mixer, doesn't actually change the levels through a keyboard shortcut.

Normally I would just use the fn keys for this but I'm using TightVNC from a laptop and apparently you can't pass the volume keys on any VNC version other than the proprietary one. Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/Haunting_Glove
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Haunting_Glove, Dec 2, 2019

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Dec 2, 2019
  3. lenny00 Win User
    Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

There is an information on how to create this shortcut posted here:

windows 10 audio volume keyboard shortcut - Google-Suche

The problem I have is that unlike in Linux such a shortcut isn't working unless Volume Mixer icon on the taskbar is clicked upon.

So volume slider pops-up, then this shortcut works. As a result: I still need to use a mouse.

Can you, please suggest a way to create a keyboard shortcut to control Windows 10 audio volume (not an application audio volume), which won't involve using a mouse?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access

lenny00, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Is it impossible to create Volume Up / Volume Down keyboard shotcuts??

Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

Hello Lenny,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you using a laptop keyboard or external keyboard?
    Adjusting the volume levels using the keyboard shortcuts depends if your device/keyboard supports media keys.

Meanwhile, let's try creating a shortcut key for the Master Volume. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty area on Desktop, then select
    New
    and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below:

C:\\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe -T 76611119 0

3. Click on Next button and provide a name for the said Shortcut and click Finish.

4. Right-click on it and select Properties.

5. Assigned your desired shortcut key like F11 or F10 by just pressing it in the
    Shortcut key area.

6. Click Apply and Click OK to save changes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Is it impossible to create Volume Up / Volume Down keyboard shotcuts??

1. Is it impossible to create Volume Up / Volume Down keyboard shotcuts?? - Similar Threads - impossible create Volume

2. Notification Volume up/down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Volume up/down: Hi, Badly needed help, when i press Enter button my volume increase and when i hit right SHIFT button it will decrease my volume and it keep showing the notification....
  3. Notification Volume up/down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Volume up/down: Hi, Badly needed help, when i press Enter button my volume increase and when i hit right SHIFT button it will decrease my volume and it keep showing the notification....
  4. Volume goes up and down by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume goes up and down by itself.: I wonder if anyone has found a solution to windows automatically changing volume, especially if using web apps i.e. Edge/Chrome/TikTok etc. I'm using windows 11 home edition, fully updated with Windows Update. The sound changing is infuriating and according to web forums only...
  5. Volume goes up and down by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume goes up and down by itself.: I wonder if anyone has found a solution to windows automatically changing volume, especially if using web apps i.e. Edge/Chrome/TikTok etc. I'm using windows 11 home edition, fully updated with Windows Update. The sound changing is infuriating and according to web forums only...
  6. Volume going down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume going down: Hello!3 days ago I noticed that when I click the "volume down" button like 3 times the sound gets lowered by 10. This is getting super annoying! Can someone please tell me how to stop this? Thanks in advance....
  7. Volume goes up & down by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume goes up & down by itself: The volume on my pc isn't working when I take part in a zoom meeting or playing back a recording zoom/youtube/webinar. It starts out ok then dips down to almost nothing, then goes up again for a few seconds before going down again. My speakers are on 100%. I have run...
  8. Volume Goes Up and Down and Volume Box Keeps Appearing and Disappearing

Volume Goes Up and Down and Volume Box Keeps Appearing and Disappearing: I have tried practically everything to stop this volume glitch playing havoc with my Asus Laptop, and the problem has become more frequent. I'm using Windows 10 version 1909. The volume level Goes up and down and the volume box is constantly appearing and disappearing on...
  9. Volume turning itself up and down

Volume turning itself up and down: After the latest windows update my volume mixer is broken! Applications as well as system sounds turn themselves up and down by themselves! I thought I messed up something on the settings but I defaulted everything and it still doesent work. I ran trubleshooting and searched...
  10. Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts to Control Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts to Control Volume: Ok, been looking for a potential solution all morning. I'm wondering, is there's a simple keyboard shortcut that either exists or one I can create to mute the volume of the current app I have open without having to open the volume mixer? It's just slightly annoying when...