Windows 10: Is it just me, or did the win+shift+s behavior change with build 19041?

Discus and support Is it just me, or did the win+shift+s behavior change with build 19041? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before I updated to the most recent build, whenever I used windows+shift+s, it would immediately freeze whatever was on my screen before the "s" press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rauvagol, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Is it just me, or did the win+shift+s behavior change with build 19041?

Before I updated to the most recent build, whenever I used windows+shift+s, it would immediately freeze whatever was on my screen before the "s" press went through to the active window, now there is a 1-2 second delay each time, and there is a yellow box that flashed around the border of my monitor.

Is there a setting causing this behavior? because it makes the process of getting screengrabs a lot less fluid, and in some situations (ie, many game menus) the s press goes through, moving to a different sub-screen before the snipping process starts

submitted by /u/Rauvagol
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rauvagol, Nov 12, 2020
  2. DUCKS1951 Win User

Build 19041 Cannot select fast stays as slow

I am running Build 19041 and I usually am FAST on Insiders Settings. Now I cannot change from slow to fast.

Thanks,

Tony

DUCKS1951, Nov 12, 2020
  3. MaciekSzn Win User
    Windows 10 - build 1803 - shift key changes caps of selected text

Hi,

After 1803 update shift key behavior changed.

When you have some text selected in some input box in Edge or other "modern" app, letters cases are changing in rotation: small - 1st capital - all capitals - all small. Tested with both physical & touch
    keyboard.

Potentially useful, but definitely not if you use shift + mouse of shift + arrow keys to select text.

If it's not a bug, but a new feature, would suggest to change it the way that caps changes only after say double shift press without any mouse or arrows (without selection changes).

If selection changes, caps remain unchanged.

Is there a way to disable it?

Cheers, Maciek

MaciekSzn, Nov 12, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Is it just me, or did the win+shift+s behavior change with build 19041?

Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Is it just me, or did the win+shift+s behavior change with build 19041?

1. Is it just me, or did the win+shift+s behavior change with build 19041? - Similar Threads - did win+shift+s behavior

2. win shift S .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win shift S .: 10 . prtsc win shift S . . . ip mapping . . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%ED%99%94%EB%A9%B4%EC%BA%A1%EC%B3%90%EB%82%98-win/8299e0a5-b36a-4cd3-8a45-c4c757d20c3d
  3. win shift S .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win shift S .: 10 . prtsc win shift S . . . ip mapping . . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%ED%99%94%EB%A9%B4%EC%BA%A1%EC%B3%90%EB%82%98-win/8299e0a5-b36a-4cd3-8a45-c4c757d20c3d
  4. win shift S .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Win shift s not working

Win shift s not working: Before I reset my pc, it worked all the time but now it usually works one time and then doesnt work at all unless I restart my pc. Sometimes it works constantly but its so annoying when I have to restart, how may I fix this?...
  6. Win shift s not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win shift s not working: Before I reset my pc, it worked all the time but now it usually works one time and then doesnt work at all unless I restart my pc. Sometimes it works constantly but its so annoying when I have to restart, how may I fix this?...
  7. Win+Shift+S Not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win+Shift+S Not working: So each time I do Win+Shift+S, the selection tool will pop up but snip and sketch will not open right after. submitted by /u/kfkjhgfd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l29rqw/winshifts_not_working/
  8. Win + Shift +S snip changes dimensions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win + Shift +S snip changes dimensions: I want my snip to have the same dimensions/resolution as the original area which isn't the case. At 100% zoom it is still about 2x the size than the original capture. Example done in Illustrator: https://imgur.com/a/MFyXNTr (original square to the left, screenshot to the...
  9. Win logo + Shift + S

Win logo + Shift + S: I donno why it doesnt work properly , when I use the hotkey my os doesnt save the selected area in clipboard and it locked my screen . Even using taskmanager I cant access to my desktop then I have to reset my system ....
  10. win + shift + s freez

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win + shift + s freez: hello ms team, recently I met a new feature of windows 10, push (win + shift + s) to experience new snipping tool, it was working perfectly till yesterday, when I press these buttons and select the area I want, the screen hangs, my computer is still working, I mean I can...