Windows 10: is it just me, or is the Split feature of the "Legacy" Video Editor no longer working...

Discus and support is it just me, or is the Split feature of the "Legacy" Video Editor no longer working... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; like it says on the tin. got the update pushing me to get clipchamp last week, went to download it, saw a msft account was required, and noped on back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/forest_gitaker, Feb 13, 2023.

1. is it just me, or is the Split feature of the "Legacy" Video Editor no longer working...

like it says on the tin. got the update pushing me to get clipchamp last week, went to download it, saw a msft account was required, and noped on back to the included (what they're now calling "legacy") video editor. but some functionality, specifically splitting video in that app, is now broken.

let's say you split a 1 minute clip at the 0:40 mark. before, you'd get a 40-second clip from 0:00-0:40, and a 20-second clip from 0:40-1:00. now, doing that same split still yields 40- and 20-second clips, however, the 2nd clip will be from ~0:30-0:50, instead of 0:40-1:00, which requires adjusting the trim manually, making the split feature pointless. (EDIT: apparently the first clip isn't correct either, fun times)

now I could sign up for clipchamp, but from the half-hour of googling I did, that app seems to have a lot of its own problems, and as stated earlier, requires a microsoft account to use, which I really don't want to create just to use a desktop app. the irony is that reporting (read: complaining about) this bug on official channels requires creating an account anyway, so it's a catch-22

SO, before everyone says "just create an account man", is anyone else having this issue? I want to give the benefit of the doubt and assume it's something I can troubleshoot on my own before creating an account to put msft on blast for not only rolling out another product while it was still dogshit, but also for kneecapping their own, preexisting, FULLY FUNCTIONAL alternative (AGAIN, for those who remember movie maker) just to fulfill whatever pointless agenda some asshole product designer is trying to push so their boss doesn't realize a new fridge for the break room would be a better use of the company budget.

submitted by /u/forest_gitaker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/forest_gitaker, Feb 13, 2023

2. windows 10 video editor, the split video option disappeared, please help

Actually you have only the trim option.

As you can read there:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Your is a common issue and also on my Video Editor there isn't the split video option, but only trim. It is possible that's one of the issue of Photos feature missing due to updates, but it is also possible that the feature has been dismissed, leaving only
    the trim option.

Using trim and copy video, you can still split the video, even if it is a longer activity.

Stefano Giovanni Tamiotti, Feb 13, 2023
  3. Callender Win User
    Callender, Feb 13, 2023
  4. is it just me, or is the Split feature of the "Legacy" Video Editor no longer working...

Video Editor - Splitting & Saving

If I open a .mov file in Video Editor, and then split the uploaded video into multiple clips, is there a way to save each individual clip as its own file?

Amanda Finney, Feb 13, 2023
Thema:

is it just me, or is the Split feature of the "Legacy" Video Editor no longer working...

1. is it just me, or is the Split feature of the "Legacy" Video Editor no longer working... - Similar Threads - Split feature Legacy

2. Photos Legacy, All video editor files are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Legacy, All video editor files are gone: So I downloaded Photos Legacy because I had 100s of videos that I had created and wanted to work on them. All of my projects are there, but they contain none of my video files, and they say cannot find file. I have hundreds and hundreds of hours put into this. How on earth...
  3. Photos Legacy, All video editor files are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Legacy, All video editor files are gone: So I downloaded Photos Legacy because I had 100s of videos that I had created and wanted to work on them. All of my projects are there, but they contain none of my video files, and they say cannot find file. I have hundreds and hundreds of hours put into this. How on earth...
  4. Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer...: Hello, the Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer available. So when I was unable to unlock my device with my fingerprint, I unlocked it with a PIN, then I updated the device and tried to unlock it, but that did not work, so I...
  5. Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer...

Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer...: Hello, the Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer available. So when I was unable to unlock my device with my fingerprint, I unlocked it with a PIN, then I updated the device and tried to unlock it, but that did not work, so I...
  6. Clipchamp video editor not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipchamp video editor not working.: So I was opening clipchamp but it did not open but an error showed up it said I do not have access to the site can someone assist me with this problem?Error code: 1020 Note: It happened on both win 11 and win 10 but I selected win 11....
  7. Clipchamp video editor not working.

Clipchamp video editor not working.: So I was opening clipchamp but it did not open but an error showed up it said I do not have access to the site can someone assist me with this problem?Error code: 1020 Note: It happened on both win 11 and win 10 but I selected win 11....
  8. Split Function is gone from Video Editor

Split Function is gone from Video Editor: I went in a few days ago and the split feature was there. Today nothing. I've looked at previous threads to no avail. I've also tried all the other options and ideas to fix to no avail. Any idea what's going on?...
  9. Why Windows editor is taking longer and longer time in finishing the video?

Why Windows editor is taking longer and longer time in finishing the video?: I am using a video editor for finalizing the videos. It is taking longer and longer time to finish the video. Now it exceeds 1 hour for processing. What is the remedy?...
  10. windows 10 video editor, the split video option disappeared, please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 video editor, the split video option disappeared, please help: The little scissor button on the editor was my common tool in putting videos together, but now it's gone. I tried resetting the app but it's still not there. Please help, Thank you, Ian...