Windows 10: Is it just me, or is Windows using more CPU and memory after updating?

Discus and support Is it just me, or is Windows using more CPU and memory after updating? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; it also seems to crash more often. i just opened up a couple browsers and file explorer and suddenly the only thing i can move is my mouse. had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IAmTheNoName321, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Is it just me, or is Windows using more CPU and memory after updating?

it also seems to crash more often. i just opened up a couple browsers and file explorer and suddenly the only thing i can move is my mouse. had to restart my computer

submitted by /u/IAmTheNoName321
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IAmTheNoName321, Apr 8, 2020
  2. SerhiyIA Win User

'System and compressed memory' on ASUS G75VY notebook load CPU always on 16%

thank you for your reply!

here what I did:

1. disabled non-microsoft services, disabled all applications in startup list

result: after restart "system and compressed memory" still gain 17% CPU

2. ran PC into safe mode ( just to see what happens )

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

3. ran PC in normal mode

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

as we can see from step 1, the problem probably is not in applications ?

what would you suggest in this case ?

looking forward for your answer

SerhiyIA, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Is it memory or CPU

I have it solved thanks for the replies, I bumped the memory up one step from 1.10000 to 1.10625 and everything is fine. My temps were fine High of 67C low of 41C. I really appreciate the input by everyone

Super Sarge, Apr 8, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Is it just me, or is Windows using more CPU and memory after updating?

Is it memory or CPU

I second a bump to the CPU voltage. As it's the smallest speed increment you're trying to achieve, I'd suggest suitably small increments in voltage. Perhaps start with the smallest and go up to a max of five steps. There's really no hard and fast rule on something like this.

Even before you do this, it's a good idea to reseat your memory and graphics card, cleaning the contacts with isopropyl alcohol while you're at it. Also clean out any significant dust that's accumulated around your CPU cooler or mobo. Finally, check your temperatures are looking ok. The tiniest irregularity can upset your PC when you're trying to overclock it - I know, I've been there, lol.

If you wanna go large, you can even reseat your CPU (don't clean the contacts; too delicate) and put new thermal paste on it. However, there's always the risk of an accident ruining your CPU or mobo when doing this, so I suggest this last step with caution and only if you really want to.

qubit, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Is it just me, or is Windows using more CPU and memory after updating?

1. Is it just me, or is Windows using more CPU and memory after updating? - Similar Threads - using more CPU

2. Conhost using more then 60% CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conhost using more then 60% CPU: Hello, lately my laptop has been very loud, also it was hot after 2 minutes since I started it, I checked the task manager and figured out that my conhost.exe is using +60% CPU without anything running. I ran multiple scans but could not figure it out, tried everything that...
  3. Conhost using more then 60% CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Conhost using more then 60% CPU: Hello, lately my laptop has been very loud, also it was hot after 2 minutes since I started it, I checked the task manager and figured out that my conhost.exe is using +60% CPU without anything running. I ran multiple scans but could not figure it out, tried everything that...
  4. High CPU, disk and memory use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU, disk and memory use: I have a dell computer, the model is Inspiron 3455 and there has been a lot of issues with high uses in task manager, playing games is very laggy and crashes a lot. I was wondering if there’s any fix to this? My pc is on windows 10...
  5. Windows 10 constantly updating preventing me working, using up bandwidth, cpu and memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 constantly updating preventing me working, using up bandwidth, cpu and memory: Windows 10 does not seem fit for purpose, it is preventing me working. I can see the updates using up resources in task manager, I am unable to run WMS client when it decides to start updates, as we speak I can see in task manager it is running windows modules installer...
  6. edge using more cpu after the update. (only 2 tab is open)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    edge using more cpu after the update. (only 2 tab is open): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Emadhossein [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l52jta/edge_using_more_cpu_after_the_update_only_2_tab/
  7. MORE UPDATES MORE ERROR'S FOR ME

MORE UPDATES MORE ERROR'S FOR ME: HI IAM KOREON SMITH FROM INDONESIA First I have a big question and I happen to be a new laptop, because I went to design school, so I bought a laptop that has only 8GB of RAM with AMD Ryzen 5 that can handle some heavy design applications for a while before assembling...
  8. Update requires more memory

Update requires more memory: Why the hell MS are now producing updates that require so much memory I cannot understand. I have a Lenovo Ideapad with 32GB memory, about 5GB of which is free. Even so MS reports insufficient memory to carry out the update. Why, for heaven's sake? I have a 32GB Scandisk...
  9. Windows processes suddenly using more memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows processes suddenly using more memory: A while ago I discovered that the memory usage was already 40% without anything running on my computer (I just rebooted earlier so it should be more like 30%). I then discovered a process called Service Host: Local System using nearly 200 MB of memory, and now the Windows...
  10. High memory and cpu usage after using computer for a bit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High memory and cpu usage after using computer for a bit: After installing Windows 10, I have consistently been getting high memory and cpu usage by both the System and Service Host: Local System processes. Usually the usage keeps rising from 1GB to sometimes 8GB. I left my comp on while I was at the gym today and came home to it...