Windows 10: Is it just me, or Windows 10 (v1903) has regressed in handling hybrid graphics (ie NVIDIA...

Discus and support Is it just me, or Windows 10 (v1903) has regressed in handling hybrid graphics (ie NVIDIA... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; To elaborate on my question - as of 1903, I've started experiencing continuing system crashes with the rather vague "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bk1009, Jun 16, 2019.

1. bk1009 Win User

Is it just me, or Windows 10 (v1903) has regressed in handling hybrid graphics (ie NVIDIA...

To elaborate on my question - as of 1903, I've started experiencing continuing system crashes with the rather vague "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" stop code on multiple machines with hybrid graphics (both AMD and Intel-based laptops). The easiest way to reproduce this glitch is to run an app or game that taxes the dedicated GPU and tab-out or outright just close the app so the system falls back on the more power-efficient iGPU. Almost invariably the DWM will lock up and after a brief period cause the system to blue-screen with the aforementioned stop code. I surmise that it's not the entire graphics stack that dies, because if you've got for example an open youtube tab in chrome, it continues playback up to second the BSOD comes onscreen).

To preempt the inane first couple of steps of the tech support script, I've already done the following:

1. Yes, drivers are already up to date, although I also tried "stable" earlier versions to confirm it's not a driver-side issue with a DDU run between attempts

2. No, it's not a hardware fault - the issue's come up on multiple hardware configurations from multiple vendors, with windows 10 1903 being the common link.

2.1 Just in case, I ran the same workloads in either iGPU or dGPU mode only on the same gear and the stop code never materialized.

3. Yes, I did do a clean windows install (on my P650HS-G main work laptop - 7700HQ/GTX1070) on a fresh drive and same behaviour persisted...

Soooooo, is there a way to restore full functionality to the switchable graphics I've got, or I'm SOL for the time being?

:)

bk1009, Jun 16, 2019

2. Hybrid Graphics windows April 1803 update

Its likely referring to hybrid graphics such as Intel HD integrated graphics part plus a discrete graphics such as your nVidia graphics adapter.

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand display adapter

Do you see two graphics adapters listed?

Andre Da Costa, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade fail BSOD - AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics - Sony Vaio SVE14A26C

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 will run on a PC with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) graphics.

Since Sony has confirmed that you might face BSOD with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics SVE14A* computer model. I would suggest you to disable one of the graphic card driver and then try upgrading to Windows 10 and check.

For disabling one of the graphic card follow the steps .

Uninstall the Device Drivers :

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the Graphics Card device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
    the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Is it just me, or Windows 10 (v1903) has regressed in handling hybrid graphics (ie NVIDIA...

Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Is it just me, or Windows 10 (v1903) has regressed in handling hybrid graphics (ie NVIDIA...

1. Is it just me, or Windows 10 (v1903) has regressed in handling hybrid graphics (ie NVIDIA... - Similar Threads - v1903 has regressed

2. Windows 11 is a regression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is a regression: My first impression of Windows 11: it's like Vista = it's a failed edition.The resulting drop in productivity is significant.A version that aims to make procedures easier for idiots.It's better to have a mouse instead of a hand, and not so much need for a brain.For the rest...
  3. Windows 11 is a regression

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is a regression: My first impression of Windows 11: it's like Vista = it's a failed edition.The resulting drop in productivity is significant.A version that aims to make procedures easier for idiots.It's better to have a mouse instead of a hand, and not so much need for a brain.For the rest...
  4. Nvidia graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia graphic card: My laptop broke down a few days ago and it got repaired and after the repair i was left in dust i had to start all over without knowing anything I downloaded my games but then realized that there was no graphic card in my laptop I don't know what to download how to download...
  5. Windows 10 not detecting Nvidia Graphics Card

Windows 10 not detecting Nvidia Graphics Card: Last night, I reset my pc and reinstalled windows. When my pc finally finished resetting, it won't detect my GeForce RTX 2060. I tried to install Nvidia drivers but Nvidia keeps saying that the driver package is not compatible with my version of Windows. I already checked for...
  6. NVidia graphics driver

NVidia graphics driver: I have a new computer with Nvidia card. At the beginning everything was fine but then I got the generic error 43. I reinstalled the drivers but it didn’t help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-graphics-driver/c318f02e-9762-418f-b8df-a28777ed67f9
  7. nvidia graphics issue..............

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia graphics issue..............: I'm not able to switch on "add, run with a graphics processor, to desktop cortex". from the Nvidia control panel this option is found missing. and it's really hard to play games like this would any of you suggest me how to bring back that option....
  8. w10 v1903 regressions

in Windows 10 Support
    w10 v1903 regressions: Hello. I am running w10 v1903 [18362.116] and I have noticed that monitor calibration profile get disabled after exitting any fullscreen program (games for instance). I think Microsoft is addressing this issue in an incoming patch (currently tested by insiders). I have also...
  9. Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia graphics card: Hello! I have a pc with a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega 8 graphics. I have purchased a Nvidia GTX1050TI graphics card. When I first installed the graphics card and powered up the screen was 800 x 600. I inserted the driver disk that came with the...
  10. Mouse lag - Hybrid Graphics card [Intel/nVidia]

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Mouse lag - Hybrid Graphics card [Intel/nVidia]: Hey guys, i recently switched to Win10 (clean install), after installing all the drivers i noticed a little mouse lag when i do certain tasks: Plugin any USB device Changing mouse settings sometimes right clicking on the taskbar I have noticed it comes from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hybrid sleep windows10 v1903

2. v1903 nvidia driver load black screen

3. hybrid graphics in windows 10