Windows 10: Is it just TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE--to install Windows 10 on an SSD????

Discus and support Is it just TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE--to install Windows 10 on an SSD???? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My goal was simple (or so I thought)--I wanted to install Windows 10 on my new 1TB SSD. (The current boot disk is painfully slooooooooooow!) The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertDeMaree, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Is it just TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE--to install Windows 10 on an SSD????

My goal was simple (or so I thought)--I wanted to install Windows 10 on my new 1TB SSD. (The current boot disk is painfully slooooooooooow!)

The first "excuse" for not being able to install--target disk must be GPT not MBR. Okay, go back and convert disk to GPT.

Try to install Windows, again, now--it's "Cannot create partition or locate existing one..." Okay, create partition, creating TWO drives, roughly 500GB each--with format.

Try to install Windows, again, now--it's "Cannot create partition or locate existing one..."

(I actually did this, multiple times, using different applications to create the partitions.)

So, if I understand what I'm being told, I can create a partition in different ways, but NONE of them are identifiable to Windows when attempting a(n) (re)install--is that about correct?

Wondering why, if the SSD can emulate a HDD--why is it soooooooo difficult (if not impossible) to install Windows on it?

:)

RobertDeMaree, Mar 27, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 27, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Is it just TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE--to install Windows 10 on an SSD????

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Is it just TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE--to install Windows 10 on an SSD????

1. Is it just TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE--to install Windows 10 on an SSD???? - Similar Threads - TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE install

2. Impossible to delete ADATA SSD password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to delete ADATA SSD password: Hi. I ve set password in my adata SSD in BIOS but now it is impossible no delelte password. I ve try everything you find on internet, from format disk, etc etc my laptop is a infinity m7, but still asking for SSD password again and again. Already took Cmos battery and ssd of...
  3. Impossible to delete ADATA SSD password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to delete ADATA SSD password: Hi. I ve set password in my adata SSD in BIOS but now it is impossible no delelte password. I ve try everything you find on internet, from format disk, etc etc my laptop is a infinity m7, but still asking for SSD password again and again. Already took Cmos battery and ssd of...
  4. Installing a totally fresh copy of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing a totally fresh copy of Windows 10: I’ve seen several articles talking about to install Windows, but they didn’t quite have the same characteristics of what I have, so I just wanted to double-check before I mess something up.I’ve had this computer for several years, and Windows was originally installed on a...
  5. Installing a totally fresh copy of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing a totally fresh copy of Windows 10: I’ve seen several articles talking about to install Windows, but they didn’t quite have the same characteristics of what I have, so I just wanted to double-check before I mess something up.I’ve had this computer for several years, and Windows was originally installed on a...
  6. Installing a totally fresh copy of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Impossible to install Windows 10 on old laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Impossible to install Windows 10 on old laptop: I have a old Samsung laptop and i want to do a fresh Windows 10 install on it, using the Kingston internal SSD i bought and an USB with Media Creation Tool. The USB is FAT32 with everything ready inside, the SSD is empty because is new, the Boot Priority Order is as it should...
  8. Total Identified Windows Installation 0 on My M.2 SSD

Total Identified Windows Installation 0 on My M.2 SSD: Hello. Several months ago I installed M.2 SSD ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro on my laptop, then installed windows 10 on it. It boots properly, but when I restart the laptop, it just stuck at the boot screen. I performed startup repair, but it said, “Startup Repair couldn’t repair...
  9. Window 10 updates is impossible to install

Window 10 updates is impossible to install: After many hours following instructions, repeating many times the same steps of freeing disk space and assigning an external storage device, I used a 1TB USB thumb drive. I thought I did it, when it say installing updates, computer will be restarting several time, which it...
  10. Windows 10 installation impossible

Windows 10 installation impossible: So i am currently using ubuntu and trying to re install windows but in the installation it cant format/delet my drive it does see it but it cant install windows (im sorry but i cant remember what the error said)...