Windows 10: Is it legal to buy OEM keys from a 3rd party onlineseller, with a sticker and re-sell these...

Discus and support Is it legal to buy OEM keys from a 3rd party onlineseller, with a sticker and re-sell these... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good day I have a second hand shop, where I buy second hand computers and re-sell them on after cleaning / fixing these computers. The problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JohnathanShelley, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Is it legal to buy OEM keys from a 3rd party onlineseller, with a sticker and re-sell these...

Good day

I have a second hand shop, where I buy second hand computers and re-sell them on after cleaning / fixing these computers. The problem is most of the time the OS has been pirated and or the sticker has been damaged or removed.

Now I am trying to be above board when it comes to the re-sale of the computer and wanted to know if I bought a OEM license key with a sticker at a reduced rate if this was legal ?

:)

JohnathanShelley, Aug 7, 2019

2. www.impkey.co is selling windows key as low as 19 dollar. is it legal to buy it?

www.impkey.co is selling windows key as low as 19 dollar. is it legal to buy it?

abdulbasheer1, Aug 7, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 OEM licence legal and not

Hi Dmitriy,

there are two different things.

One is possibility to install OEM by yourself for your own use. In general this is prohibited by OEM system builder licence. AFAIK only two countries allow to do this.

The second, OEM Windows may be distributed only in two forms: preinstalled on hardware and as OEM pack with DVD disk, sticker with product key, and system builder licence agreement at the back of envelope.

If one buys something else he does not get Windows licence.

It is legal to buy anything else, the keys, the stickers and so on but such purchase does not give a rights to use Windows, it will be illegal.

Igor Leyko, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Is it legal to buy OEM keys from a 3rd party onlineseller, with a sticker and re-sell these...

Is it legal to use Windows 10 OEM Key on a custom built computer?

Hi I am planing to buy a new computer. But a catch with it is that I need to get an Windows 10 key.

I saw sites like Kinguin and G2A where they sell Windows 10 OEM keys for 15-20$.

I just wanted to be sure if getting those keys and activating on my custom built pc is legal or not.

SadatNafis, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Is it legal to buy OEM keys from a 3rd party onlineseller, with a sticker and re-sell these...

1. Is it legal to buy OEM keys from a 3rd party onlineseller, with a sticker and re-sell these... - Similar Threads - legal buy OEM

2. Install 3rd Party Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install 3rd Party Software: I attempted to install 3rd party software (IObit Uninstaller) by double-clicking on the downloaded .exe file in my Download folder. I received the following Windows 10 message window: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  3. 3rd party utilities

in Windows 10 Customization
    3rd party utilities: A ms phone tech once told me to not use any 3rd party utilities such as ccleaner (and there are many others) and just rely on Windows to take care of everything. Before he told me this, I had used ccleaner and it seemed to clean a lot of stuff. Frankly I never noticed a...
  4. Where can I buy a Windows 10 OEM key from microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can I buy a Windows 10 OEM key from microsoft?: Hey, I built my pc just now and I want to have a windows 10 original but can't afford to buy the retail version. If somebody can help me buy genuine OEM version that will really be helpful. thank you...
  5. 3rd Party cookies Blocker

in Browsers and Email
    3rd Party cookies Blocker: Using Windows10, how do I turn off the 3rd party cookies blocker please? I am trying to access a bona fide web site which will not allow me access because my 3rd Party Cookie is blocking me. 123839
  6. 3rd Party cookies Blocker

in Windows 10 Support
    3rd Party cookies Blocker: Using Windows10, how do I turn off the 3rd party cookies blocker please? I am trying to access a bona fide web site which will not allow me access because my 3rd Party Cookie is blocking me. 123839
  7. Re-Imaging and re-selling

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-Imaging and re-selling: Hi folks I'm trying to get my head around the different types of Windows licencing and am starting to go around in circles.. so I figure that I would just ask the question and see if anyone can help make things clearer. If I or a company were to buy a bunch of new / store...
  8. Windows Defender or 3rd party?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender or 3rd party?: Ordinary PC, running Windows 10 Professional ver 1803 I run some Adobe software. And it has a few performance issues. When I related the situation in the Adobe forum, they recommended completely shutting off whatever antivirus I'm using to see if that fixed the problem....
  9. www.impkey.co is selling windows key as low as 19 dollar. is it legal to buy it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    www.impkey.co is selling windows key as low as 19 dollar. is it legal to buy it?: www.impkey.co is selling windows key as low as 19 dollar. is it legal to buy it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/wwwimpkeyco-is-selling-windows-key-as-low-as-19/eba1330f-5afe-488f-8077-47876ede46cf
  10. 3rd party antivirus software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd party antivirus software: I'm thinking about getting Trend Micro antivirus software for my laptop. Is Trend Micro compatible with Windows 10 Home version 1803? Has anyone used Trend Micro and if so, how do you like it? Thank you for your time....