Windows 10: Is it legal to install windows from ISO file?

Discus and support Is it legal to install windows from ISO file? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; If we have a legal purchased copy of Windows installation CD/DVD disc. We can create an ISO from that disc for using in future times. Is is legal to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChrisJaroc, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Is it legal to install windows from ISO file?

If we have a legal purchased copy of Windows installation CD/DVD disc. We can create an ISO from that disc for using in future times. Is is legal to install any version of Microsoft Windows through ISO or bootable USB in multiple laptops and computers?

Thanks

:)

ChrisJaroc, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Luka KLLP Win User

Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, Jan 3, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

4. Is it legal to install windows from ISO file?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Is it legal to install windows from ISO file?

1. Is it legal to install windows from ISO file? - Similar Threads - legal install ISO

2. Is it legal to use NTLite to modify an iso of windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it legal to use NTLite to modify an iso of windows 11?: I want to remove some stuff from windows 11 that I don't want on my install of windows using NTLite or other custom iso programs but I don't know if its legal....
  3. Is it legal to use NTLite to modify an iso of windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it legal to use NTLite to modify an iso of windows 11?: I want to remove some stuff from windows 11 that I don't want on my install of windows using NTLite or other custom iso programs but I don't know if its legal....
  4. iso file wont install

iso file wont install: i have a dell windows 11 desktop and im trying to install a app that use a iso file instead of a exe file and when i double click on the fileit dont show the installer and its opening a different app....
  5. Can I still download win7 iso file legally in 2022?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I still download win7 iso file legally in 2022?: Hello, there!I need the iso file of win7 for reinstalling.I've done lots of researches but couldn't find it in the original website, and all other parties seem suspicious. Can someone help, please?...
  6. Can I still download win7 iso file legally in 2022?

Can I still download win7 iso file legally in 2022?: Hello, there!I need the iso file of win7 for reinstalling.I've done lots of researches but couldn't find it in the original website, and all other parties seem suspicious. Can someone help, please?...
  7. installed windows 10 from the .iso file from the official microsoft website

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installed windows 10 from the .iso file from the official microsoft website: Hello. I bought a laptop on occasion .and I installed windows 10 from the .iso file from the official microsoft website. But after the installation, I found that the windows were activated automatically. So I looked for the cause of this automatic activation on the...
  8. install from iso problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    install from iso problem: I am trying to instal win 10 onto an empty SSD drive in my laptop (thinkpad). The iso is on a usb drive. It starts the install but when I get to the drive it says...... "windows cannot be installed on drive 0 partition 1, setup does not support configuration of or...
  9. windows installation from downloaded .iso

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows installation from downloaded .iso: please help me i have downloaded windows.iso for windows10 but unble to write either on dvd or able to load it in my pc working on windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-from-downloaded-iso/d0996bc8-7bf1-4d39-a7d0-37061cfc31d3
  10. Install on 8.1 from ISO?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install on 8.1 from ISO?: I have a laptop running 8.1Pro. I downloaded the ISO, and mounted it on the laptop via the mount-iso capability. I attempted to run setup.exe from the mounted drive. All was ok until I get prompted for a product key.. Isn't the in-place upgrade via setup *supposed* to *see*...