Windows 10: Is it legal to move this license to another computer?

Discus and support Is it legal to move this license to another computer? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a laptop a few years ago, it had windows 8 or 8.1 in it and it was licensed, I upgraded to version 10 for free. When I run the slmgr -dli... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by franksailoro, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Is it legal to move this license to another computer?

I bought a laptop a few years ago, it had windows 8 or 8.1 in it and it was licensed, I upgraded to version 10 for free. When I run the slmgr -dli command, it says it's a retail version. Is it legal to move this license to another computer?

:)

franksailoro, Apr 5, 2021

2. How to legally use an OEM license.

Hence the reason I said MS licensing makes everyone a criminal. Is it legal to move this license to another computer? :)

Based on the Dreamspark license, *ONLY* a COA computer with Windows Vista or older would anyone install these legally (as a COA Windows 7, 8, 8.1 can just upgrade to 10 for now).

Basically, they have created a website that is worthless for anyone who reads and actually follows license rules.

TiredEngineer, Apr 5, 2021
  3. license and legality

Hi Imam,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

No, that's not legal. When you accepted the license terms during install, you agreed to use it with a genuine license.

Via
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail...

Authorized Software and Activation. You are authorized to use this software only if you are properly licensed and the software has been properly activated with a genuine product key or by other authorized method.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Apr 5, 2021
  4. Is it legal to move this license to another computer?

~$600 build for Sims, WoW, and Minecraft

I don't see a mouse, keyboard, monitor, or speakers listed. Do they already have these? I also don't see an OS listed. New computers typically require new licenses since OEM licenses are can not legally be transferred to new computers. Only full retail licenses are transferable (if uninstalled from all other computers), but by far most are OEM.

How much does the DVD add to the cost?

Bill_Bright, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Is it legal to move this license to another computer?

1. Is it legal to move this license to another computer? - Similar Threads - legal move license

2. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  3. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  4. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Legal license W10

Legal license W10: Hello, I just bought a second hand HP laptop. I suspect that no legal W10 license is installed. The laptop is about 2 years old, so it should have a legal license. How can I check and correct that? Regards, John...
  6. Moving Digital License to Another Device

Moving Digital License to Another Device: so currently i'm in the process of trying to activate my Windows 10 Pro on my new PC. I have an activated Windows 10 on my laptop and I want to move it to my PC windows is retail, obtained from my uni, but when I input the product key from laptop into PC, it gave error...
  7. License to another computer issue

License to another computer issue: I have an old computer with a windows 10 license. I bought it in windows store on April 13, 2019. The license shows up like this:[ATTACH] I bought a new PC to which I want to assign windows license that I already have on older pc that I was writing previously. I installed...
  8. Moving a Win Pro license to another account

Moving a Win Pro license to another account: My church bought a PC with Win10 Home on it for use in its sanctuary. They then wanted to upgrade it to Win10 Pro, so I purchased the upgrade using my own personal MSFT account. I'd now like to move this license over to an account that the church owns so that its IT staff...
  9. license and legality

license and legality: using windows 10 that is not activated,is it legal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-and-legality/da122f74-cc7f-4b0c-95d0-7233d620b2d0
  10. move disk to another computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    move disk to another computer: I've noticed no real hangups when moving a win10 disk to another computer and booting from it. A computer died this morning and was looking for a quick solution, so I grabbed a spare working tower and added the disk from the dead computer. This is a domain workstation and...