Windows 10: Is it legal to sell PCs with inactive Windows 10 version ?

Discus and support Is it legal to sell PCs with inactive Windows 10 version ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I have an electronics shop. I format used PCs and resell them. I use Windows 10 copy downloaded from Microsoft official website. In the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Azzam Alhumaidi, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Is it legal to sell PCs with inactive Windows 10 version ?

Hi

I have an electronics shop. I format used PCs and resell them. I use Windows 10 copy downloaded from Microsoft official website. In the installation process I choose "I don't have product keys" hence a watermark appears (it's the costumer duty to buy activation key if he wishes). Is it legal to sell these PCs with such Windows version ?

:)

Azzam Alhumaidi, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Is it legal to use windows 10 home version in the company ?

Is it legal to use windows 10 home version in the company ?

• Our company is located in India
    • It is enough to use Window 10 home version functionally ( Actually we don't need server function )
    • We need opinion from Microsoft for legal guarantee ( If you know how to get legal solution, Please let me know )

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Nyensol Chun, Nov 27, 2018
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Is it legal to sell PCs with inactive Windows 10 version ?

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Is it legal to sell PCs with inactive Windows 10 version ?

1. Is it legal to sell PCs with inactive Windows 10 version ? - Similar Threads - legal sell PCs

2. Is it legal to a sell a PC with a free version UNactivated, no license of Windows 10 installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it legal to a sell a PC with a free version UNactivated, no license of Windows 10 installed?: We are an OEM that mostly sell to business customers. Most of our customers have their own license agreement and would like to use their own version of Windows image. My question is, if we build our machine with an unactrivated windows system, will it violate Windows service...
  3. Is it legal to a sell a PC with a free version UNactivated, no license of Windows 10 installed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it legal to a sell a PC with a free version UNactivated, no license of Windows 10 installed?: We are an OEM that mostly sell to business customers. Most of our customers have their own license agreement and would like to use their own version of Windows image. My question is, if we build our machine with an unactrivated windows system, will it violate Windows service...
  4. Is it legal to a sell a PC with a free version UNactivated, no license of Windows 10 installed?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. When will Microsoft stop selling Windows 10 Home PCs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Microsoft stop selling Windows 10 Home PCs?: I'm trying to find Windows 10 Home PCs but there are only Windows 10 Pro PCs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-microsoft-stop-selling-windows-10-home/9a06c59b-df57-4dc4-9e70-59632658bc0e
  6. Does this site sell legal Windows activation keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does this site sell legal Windows activation keys?: Does this site sell legal Windows activation keys? https://softkeyworld.com/In other words, could I be prosecuted for using that website to get a Windows key?I am asking because I plan to custom-build a desktop in the near future. I want Windows as my OS, so another one of my...
  7. Does this site sell legal Windows activation keys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does this site sell legal Windows activation keys?: Does this site sell legal Windows activation keys? https://softkeyworld.com/In other words, could I be prosecuted for using that website to get a Windows key?I am asking because I plan to custom-build a desktop in the near future. I want Windows as my OS, so another one of my...
  8. Does this site sell legal Windows activation keys?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  9. Hello, is it legal to sell a computer with Windows 10 not activated?

Hello, is it legal to sell a computer with Windows 10 not activated?: Hello, I was looking to get into selling gaming PC’s on eBay and after doing research into how the PC’s are so cheap I found that they either did not include an activated copy of windows or used an OEM key from a redistributor for around $15. Included is a reference image for...
  10. Is it legal to sell a Windows 10 digital license?

Is it legal to sell a Windows 10 digital license?: So, today I decided to sell a digital license I had lying around in a somewhat old PC that I had upgraded to Windows 10 some time ago, after being abandonded due to it being very slow and also due to the fact that I got a new PC, I decided to sell my "old" Windows 10 digital...