Windows 10: Is it legit to buy Windows licence form online shop?

Discus and support Is it legit to buy Windows licence form online shop? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is it legit to buy Windows licence form online shop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Abu Ruzain, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Is it legit to buy Windows licence form online shop?

Is it legit to buy Windows licence form online shop?

:)

Abu Ruzain, Aug 8, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Buying a Windows licence

Hi Layzee

Windows 10 licencing is a one PC, one licence deal,

If you purchase a Retail Licence, you can at a later stage move that licence to another PC, it will have transfer rights, unlike a pre-installed (OEM) licence of Windows 10

Please be careful where you purchase your Windows licence, there are a lot of websites selling non-legit licences, which are volume licences, that will activate for a while, and then deactivate . . .

DaveM121, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Is OEM License Legit?

Hey Dave, Thank you so much for the reply.

Microsoft India sells the software online for INR 9299 (USD 129.54). But it is just the key and I am interested in the physical package which consists of a Flash drive.

There is a computer shop nearby who is selling the sealed packaged retail version with the Flash drive for INR 7900 (USD 110). Does the packaged Flash drive mean that it is legit? If not, is there a way I can verify it's legitimacy / genuineness before buying
    it?

SharikBaig, Aug 8, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Where do i buy legit windows 10 & office license key in Malaysia for cheap?

Hi ThisPC02

Honestly, there is only one answer to your question - you cannot buy legit licences cheaply

if a licence is legit, it will not be cheap - that is how you judge the legitimacy of a licence for the most part . . . though not always

If you see a retailer selling a Microsoft product significantly cheaper than Microsoft can sell it for, then there has to be something wrong with that, it is as simple as that

What they are selling are volume licence keys, those will initially activate and will within a month automatically de-activate, because those licences need to be re-armed from a company Key Management Server on a regular basis - which you will be unable to
    do

Because those are volume licences, you will then need to uninstall that version of Windows after you purchase a proper licence and re-install Windows again . ..

Believe me - it is not worth it!

DaveM121, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it legit to buy Windows licence form online shop? - Similar Threads - legit buy licence

2. Is this source of Visual Studio licences legit/legal?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this source of Visual Studio licences legit/legal?: I strongly suspect that the fact that I even have to ask the question means that the answer will be "no" but I thought it worth asking in case.Someone just sent me a link to gamivo.com, where they are offering "Visual Studio Enterprise 2022 MS Products CD Key" for just over...
  3. Where to buy a legit windows 10 licence (uk)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where to buy a legit windows 10 licence (uk): As the title suggests I would like to buy a legit windows 10 licence. I google this and there is a huge price range. So what is a reasonable price to pay? Do these sellers at like £20 sell proper licences? Or is it best to stump up the £100+ from Microsoft? Don’t have...
  4. Where to buy legit Windows 10

Where to buy legit Windows 10: Hi all, thanks in advance for your help. I need to upgrade to Windows 10. There are these surveys that you can take to help you know if you should upgrade or buy a new computer. No matter how I answer, the results say buy a new computer. I'm not going to do that. So where...
  5. Windows License Key, buy legit or not?

Windows License Key, buy legit or not?: I recently bought my first computer and was immediately asked to activate my windows key. Knowing I didn't buy one, I did some light research on what it is. The legitimate keys cost around 100+ but the others ones I found cost around a fraction of it. What's the difference...
  6. ONLINE FORM WONT CALCULATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ONLINE FORM WONT CALCULATE: Since I have my new computer, I have been trying to fill out a on line state sales tax form. It wont calculate the #s. I bet its a program I need to turn on or off, I just don't know how to fix fit. Any suggestions?...
  7. ONLINE ORDER FORMS

in Windows 10 Customization
    ONLINE ORDER FORMS: When filling out order forms to buy products. The form closes before I complete it. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-order-forms/e88c6659-c6cf-4f1b-8f78-84f251be5e47
  8. scdkey.com legit website to buy Office?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    scdkey.com legit website to buy Office?: Hello folks, I was given Office 2013 key by a friend of mine after he got a 2016 version. But I lost the installer in HDD crash. Downloading the installer from MS site requires the account associated with the key which none of us have anymore. I am stuck with the key but no...
  9. Buying a Windows licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Buying a Windows licence: I'm buying a Windows license and I have a choice between getting a physical license and a digital license. I'm wondering if there's any significant difference between the 2? Could I upgrade my PC at a later date with both of them? How many devices does one license...
  10. HOW TO BUY WINDOWS LICENCE.

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO BUY WINDOWS LICENCE.: how to buy a windows licence for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-to-buy-windows-licence/d9d6799b-2d48-4d7e-9bac-db0ad76b9d0e