Windows 10: Is it me or is the windows store not fit for purpose for gaming?

Discus and support Is it me or is the windows store not fit for purpose for gaming? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Having an absolutely awful time with gaming via the windows store, so much that I've cancelled my gamepass subscription. Is it just me or is this just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by silverz, Nov 25, 2018.

1. silverz Win User

Is it me or is the windows store not fit for purpose for gaming?

Having an absolutely awful time with gaming via the windows store, so much that I've cancelled my gamepass subscription. Is it just me or is this just totally unfit for use?

Simple tasks like trying to find and launch the games I own are tediously long winded while seeing exactly what games I actually get for my £7.99 monthly subscription seems an entirely absent feature. I'm regularly trying to start games that worked fine for weeks to be suddenly be greeted with meaningless error messages and failures, searching in the search feature is just broken (no results searching in the windows store for forza while autocomplete is right there showing forza games and dlc in the dropdown), games shown as installed entirely skip out anything installed as part of the gamepass and it's as if they are not installed..... the list of frustrations goes on.

Surely this can't be right, have they really made such a mess of it all?

:)

silverz, Nov 25, 2018
  2. erocker Win User

Fit's current machine... always changing

I'm just waiting for evga to list them for a step-up! Looks killer fits.

erocker, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Nov 25, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Game doesn't fit screen

Hi Benz,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please provide details to assist you better.

1. Have you installed all pending updates?

2. Is the issue is only with Star Wars Rebel or any other game?

3. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the Steps below.

I suggest you to change Aspect ratio and resolution in game settings and check if that helps.

You may also want to check if that game has any limitations related to this issue.

Method 1: Update the display driver software on the system.

Refer the below steps to update the driver.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manager.

• Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Update

• Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. Do let you if your issue is resolved. For another query, feel free to contact us.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it me or is the windows store not fit for purpose for gaming? - Similar Threads - store fit purpose

2. PC is giving me fits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is giving me fits: My PC is giving me fits, whenever i go to play a game such as minecraft or rocketleague. some days, it runs nice, ill get 1k+ fps for minecraft, and nearly 400fps for rocketleague. but the past 2 days have been awful. minecraft is stuck at 30fps, and ive done all i could...
  3. PC is giving me fits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is giving me fits: My PC is giving me fits, whenever i go to play a game such as minecraft or rocketleague. some days, it runs nice, ill get 1k+ fps for minecraft, and nearly 400fps for rocketleague. but the past 2 days have been awful. minecraft is stuck at 30fps, and ive done all i could...
  4. Fit for purpose

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fit for purpose: The Microsoft products that are on the new computer I have purchased do not seem fit for purpose. I bought the new machine to replace an older machine running windows 7 the Windows 10 does not let me do simple actions in the Mail account such a import emails, make groups,...
  5. Outlook.com not fit for purpose...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook.com not fit for purpose...: Apart from the fact that you cannot create email rules for 'Not Junk/Spam' emails in the Mail app for Windows 10, or Outlook for Android app - you have to log in to outlook.com to do it - even when you do create mail rules, outlook.com/Mail app/Outlook for Android STILL...
  6. MS PHOTOS Not Fit For Purpose

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS PHOTOS Not Fit For Purpose: Ever since Windows 10 came out MS Photos has been not fit for purpose with so many glitches when used to download media from your phone. I thought it could not get any worse but IT HAS, MS have clearly done a revision as the interface when you do downloads has changed, for...
  7. games display not fit on screen

games display not fit on screen: when i playing games display not fit on screen how can i fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-display-not-fit-on-screen/23504782-3050-4dd8-a32d-96c24c9e1d8d
  8. Keyboard included with language pack not fit for purpose - can't override.

Keyboard included with language pack not fit for purpose - can't override.: Language pack for Te Reo Māori comes with the international keyboard, which does not include macrons. I cannot override this or install the fabled Māori keyboard which supposedly fixes the problem. I can't install keyboards separately from language packs. Need to either...
  9. Installing Windows 10 giving me fits

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 giving me fits: Yesterday I went over to a friends home (my computer guru's) and we installed Windows 10 Home. It had a few minor glitches and we thought we had solved those. When I got home things went from bad to worse. I can NOT even describe what all it was doing. When it booted up,...
  10. Installing Windows 10 giving me fits

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing Windows 10 giving me fits: Yesterday I went over to a friends home (my computer guru's) and we installed Windows 10 Home. It had a few minor glitches and we thought we had solved those. When I got home things went from bad to worse. I can NOT even describe what all it was doing. When it booted up,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. purpose of windows store