Windows 10: is it necessary to activate windows after the installation of the usb-stick?

Discus and support is it necessary to activate windows after the installation of the usb-stick? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i downloaded windows media creation tool onto my usb-stick. my question now is, if i will install it on my new pc, do i have to activate windows with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ksnsn1, Aug 1, 2020.

1. ksnsn1 Win User

is it necessary to activate windows after the installation of the usb-stick?

i downloaded windows media creation tool onto my usb-stick. my question now is, if i will install it on my new pc, do i have to activate windows with a key? if so, can i still use windows without having activated it, so just after installation?

:)

ksnsn1, Aug 1, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 1, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 1, 2020
  4. 7.62 Win User

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

7.62, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. is it necessary to activate windows after the installation of the usb-stick? - Similar Threads - necessary activate installation

2. Is it necessary to activate WSL from the Windows Features section after installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it necessary to activate WSL from the Windows Features section after installation?: Hello, I'm using Windows 11, and I've installed WSL and Ubuntu from the Windows Store. Do I still need to enable it in the Windows 11 Features section, or is it automatically activated since I installed it from the Microsoft Store?...
  3. Is it necessary to activate WSL from the Windows Features section after installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it necessary to activate WSL from the Windows Features section after installation?: Hello, I'm using Windows 11, and I've installed WSL and Ubuntu from the Windows Store. Do I still need to enable it in the Windows 11 Features section, or is it automatically activated since I installed it from the Microsoft Store?...
  4. Activation at W10 necessary?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation at W10 necessary?: Maybe a strange question, but I really don't know. I used to be a W7 user, so I had to have the operating system activated after I bought the computer, so that online operation is possible. Is this still the case with W10, or does it activate itself? Aktivierung bei W10...
  5. After re-install from a USB stick, reverted to Windows Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After re-install from a USB stick, reverted to Windows Home: My PC Alienware/DELL came with Windows 8 I think. While I had a free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, but I purchased Windows 10 Pro because I like to have access to the media to do clean re-installs I'm a developer. I remember it was hassle when I upgraded, it installed Windows...
  6. A partition on a USB stick cannot be marked as active.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A partition on a USB stick cannot be marked as active.: Code: DISKPART> list volume Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- -------- Volume 0 Z DVD-ROM 0 B No Media Volume 1 C Windows 10 NTFS Partition 80 GB Healthy Boot Volume 2 Recovery NTFS Partition 528 MB...
  7. How install windows10 on a usb stick ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How install windows10 on a usb stick ?: Hi, I'd like to install windows10 on a usb stick. If I boot from the installation media the windows installer doesn't see any usb stick, the the discs. How can I install windows to a usb stick ? submitted by /u/belibelibelib [link] [comments]...
  8. Clean Install 1903 with USB stick

Clean Install 1903 with USB stick: Hello. If I try to clean install 1903 with just the installation USB stick attached to my laptop, will I run into this? "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10" error on a computer that has a USB device or SD card attached Does anyone know if the 1903 ISO has been...
  9. backup drivers from Windows installation USB stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    backup drivers from Windows installation USB stick: I am in the middle of a horrible INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE BSOD, and the only good copies I seem to have of drivers I need are the ones from the windows usb installation flash drive. But the response to your command above is: ."Dism does not support servicing Windows PE with...
  10. usb stick

usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...