Windows 10: Is it necessary to install an antivirus in Windows 10?

Discus and support Is it necessary to install an antivirus in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am pretty new in Windows 10 and I am suprised that Virus & Theat protection has a green tick. Upon now it was necessary to install an antivirus. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by puertas12, Jul 28, 2019.

1. puertas12 Win User

Is it necessary to install an antivirus in Windows 10?

I am pretty new in Windows 10 and I am suprised that Virus & Theat protection has a green tick. Upon now it was necessary to install an antivirus. Does Windows 10 comes with propiertary antivirus? How reliable is it?

:)

puertas12, Jul 28, 2019

2. Is antivirus necessary for Windows 10?

Windows 10 ships with the in-built Anti-Virus product Windows Defender.

I suggest to take the time to read the following articles:

Jsssssssss, Jul 28, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Is it necessary to install an antivirus in Windows 10?

Is antivirus necessary for Windows 10?

is antivirus necessary for windows 10?

Original title: security

BlanketsHouse, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Is it necessary to install an antivirus in Windows 10?

1. Is it necessary to install an antivirus in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - necessary install antivirus

2. Is a re-install of Windows 10 necessary?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is a re-install of Windows 10 necessary?: PC PowerSpec, G428, Windows 10, latest update installed. 48 GB RAM I installed all software Adobe Creative Cloud, Office 365 on C: drive SSD, 500 GB. I save my work on D: drive HDD, 2 TB. I started having problems finding files after Dropbox distributed their desktop...
  3. Is it necessary to install Windows 10 2004 Optional Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it necessary to install Windows 10 2004 Optional Updates?: There is an Insyde's firmware update along with Rivet network LLC software component and 5 of Intel's System updates. I am not a tech guy but I know firmware are BIOS updates and its not recommended to update them unless necessary. So, I am confused if I should update these...
  4. I got Norton Antivirus for my last PC. Is it no longer necessary with windows 10 S?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I got Norton Antivirus for my last PC. Is it no longer necessary with windows 10 S?: I got Norton Antivirus for my last PC. Is it no longer necessary with windows 10 S? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-norton-antivirus-for-my-last-pc-is-it-no/5031fff9-2338-4877-b9a8-2e575b29a75d
  5. Installing an Antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing an Antivirus: I want to stay secure from malware and online hackers. So I want to install an antivirus . But many people say that the built in Windows Defender is good enough. Is it true? If not then someone please recommend me an antivirus. I'm currently using windows 10 . Thanks!...
  6. Syncing Windows 10 Necessary?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing Windows 10 Necessary?: If I only have one Windows 10 device, should I turn off syncing and not worry about it anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-windows-10-necessary/befc1ffe-fa65-4397-935f-4e1705d4df3a"
  7. Is it necessary to install an antivirus in Windows 10?

Is it necessary to install an antivirus in Windows 10?: I am pretty new in Windows 10 and I am suprised that Virus & Theat protection has a green tick. Upon now it was necessary to install an antivirus. Does Windows 10 comes with propiertary antivirus? How reliable is it? 137435
  8. Is add-on antivirus software necessary anymore?

Is add-on antivirus software necessary anymore?: do i still need avg antivirus or any other antivirus in addition to windows defender? AVG is boggin' me down something fierce, plus I no longer see easy to adjust methods to reduce how much brain power it sucks from my computer. Just renewed with avg too but willing to cut...
  9. Is it necessary to remove existing Antivirus?

Is it necessary to remove existing Antivirus?: I bought Avast antivirus for my windows 7 from here. should we uninstall the existing antivirus before installing the new one? 82267
  10. Does a Windows 10, clean install, create the necessary partitions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does a Windows 10, clean install, create the necessary partitions?: I have upgraded my Windows 8.1 system to Windows 10 through the Windows update app and have created an installation media USB stick. I want to clean install, something I am very familiar with, but not since the new uefi, gpt, legacy etc. that I'm not familiar with. If I do a...