Windows 10: Is it normal for a better computer to allocate more RAM to background processes?

Discus and support Is it normal for a better computer to allocate more RAM to background processes? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all -So I recently got a new computer. My old computer had 8GB RAM and a worse processor. This one has 32GB RAM and a much better processor.When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yonatan Ginsburg, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Is it normal for a better computer to allocate more RAM to background processes?

Hi all -So I recently got a new computer. My old computer had 8GB RAM and a worse processor. This one has 32GB RAM and a much better processor.When I started it up, I noticed that background processes were taking more RAM than they did on my old computer. For example, on task manager I noticed that File Explorer always runs in the background doing something important I presume even when it's not open. Looking at task manager on both computers now:-On my old computer, it uses 23.4 Mb of RAM-On my new computer, it uses 142 MB of RAM - a significant increase.Is this normal? Does windows allocat

:)

Yonatan Ginsburg, Oct 6, 2022

2. allocate a portion of storage ram tovirtual ram

is it possible to allocate storage ram to virtual ram, thereby increasing speed of process?

cherylbrown2, Oct 6, 2022
  3. John Vil Win User
    Background Processes

Hello Andrew,

Task Manager shows you the running processes or programs depending on what kind of services they are.
    Background processes run in the background without user intervention. The processes you see under this category include processes that involve logging, system monitoring, scheduling, and notifications. These are the processes that programs
    usually use in the background. Windows services on the other hand, shows you the list of processes that make up your computer's interface or behavior. This explains why what you normally see under this category are the Windows services that
    tell your computer how to operate.

Regards.

John Vil, Oct 6, 2022
  4. LilDellie Win User

Is it normal for a better computer to allocate more RAM to background processes?

Windows 10 Currently Allocated RAM seems very high

Hey,

Recently I've noticed that the amount of RAM my computer is allocating seems extremely high compared to the recommended amount listed right above it. I'm not the most informed when it comes to this type of stuff and would appreciate it if someone could tell me if this is normal or if I have an issue. Below is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

Is it normal for a better computer to allocate more RAM to background processes? [​IMG]

Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.746)

LilDellie, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

Is it normal for a better computer to allocate more RAM to background processes?

1. Is it normal for a better computer to allocate more RAM to background processes? - Similar Threads - normal better computer

2. How to allocate more memory ram from total to physical ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allocate more memory ram from total to physical ram?: Hello, recently I have noticed I have not been using fully my physical ram. In total i have 16GB, but actually i am using only upto 8GB. I would like to change that number to at least 12-14GB, or to fully use my 16GB RAM. System information: https://i.imgur.com/9heXoKQ.png...
  3. How to allocate more memory ram from total to physical ram?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to allocate more memory ram from total to physical ram?: Hello, recently I have noticed I have not been using fully my physical ram. In total i have 16GB, but actually i am using only upto 8GB. I would like to change that number to at least 12-14GB, or to fully use my 16GB RAM. System information: https://i.imgur.com/9heXoKQ.png...
  4. How to allocate more memory ram from total to physical ram?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it normal for a better computer to allocate more RAM to background processes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it normal for a better computer to allocate more RAM to background processes?: Hi all -So I recently got a new computer. My old computer had 8GB RAM and a worse processor. This one has 32GB RAM and a much better processor.When I started it up, I noticed that background processes were taking more RAM than they did on my old computer. For example, on task...
  6. Is it normal for a better computer to allocate more RAM to background processes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it normal for a better computer to allocate more RAM to background processes?: Hi all -So I recently got a new computer. My old computer had 8GB RAM and a worse processor. This one has 32GB RAM and a much better processor.When I started it up, I noticed that background processes were taking more RAM than they did on my old computer. For example, on task...
  7. allocate more ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    allocate more ram: So I'm trying to run a mincraft server on my windows 10 pc using java -Xmx2048M -Xms1024M -jar server.jar nogui but i get Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap is there a way for me to get pass that?...
  8. How to allocate more ram for video?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to allocate more ram for video?: According Syndicate it’s using 1.5gb when only 457mb are a being used as vram. I don’t have a dedicated video card but I do have 8gb of normal ram installed, how can allocate more for video? submitted by /u/lt_Matthew [link] [comments]...
  9. Allocating more ram to Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allocating more ram to Java: how do I add more Ram to Java 32 bit windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allocating-more-ram-to-java/35f72210-ac90-451a-8589-5a8bc7ecef02
  10. Sufficient RAM for OS...or is it a more is better situation?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sufficient RAM for OS...or is it a more is better situation?: Hi, all. I'm new-ish here - reading and learning mainly. This is only the second topic I've started. Right now, I have two options, as far as I see it. I can either double the 2GB of RAM in my Toshiba C660-1UX, and perform an in place upgrade to Win 10. (If I do...