Windows 10: Is it normal for edge to consume 600 mb of ram on just 1 single tab?

Discus and support Is it normal for edge to consume 600 mb of ram on just 1 single tab? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] i have just 3 extensions- night mode, eagle get and google translate ram 8gb,10 home, i5 7200u,and microsoft account signed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kingshukrox, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Is it normal for edge to consume 600 mb of ram on just 1 single tab?

/u/Kingshukrox, Jun 7, 2020

2. Anti-malware executable service Using more than 600 MB ram memory

Hi there,

I have recently installed Windows 10 version 1809 on my Msi laptop. My pc specs are listed below.

Processor - Intel Core i5 8300H

Graphics - Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1050@ 4Gb

Ram - 8 Gb ddr4 (2666 mhz)

Os - Windows 10 Home Single Language

The problem I am facing is with antimalware service executable named process that is running under windows defender and is eating up my ram memory. It uses 300 - 400 mb ram memory during normal usage and occasionly hits more than 700 mb of ram usage . I
    tried many fixes that include excluding msmpng.exe, turning off windows defender amd even tried using regedit. But I can't find fix for my problem. Pls someone help me fix this issue. Thankyou.

Venerable2000, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Dr. P Win User
    Edge on Windows 10 consumes all my RAM and then hangs my system.

Has anyone else experienced Edge consuming all RAM such that had to pull the power plug out of wall to be able to restart?

I have 64GB of RAM on my workstation and Edge only had a couple of tabs open and consumed 96GB of RAM. Appears that Edge has a memory leak as well as serious lack of internal controls. Never had this problem with Windows 7.

Before I downgrade, are there any settings that I can use which will prevent Edge from consuming beyond a certain limit of RAM and of CPU?

Dr. P, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Is it normal for edge to consume 600 mb of ram on just 1 single tab?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Is it normal for edge to consume 600 mb of ram on just 1 single tab?

1. Is it normal for edge to consume 600 mb of ram on just 1 single tab? - Similar Threads - normal edge consume

2. ‘LocalserviceNoNetworkFirewall’ consumes high memory 600 MB memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ‘LocalserviceNoNetworkFirewall’ consumes high memory 600 MB memory: for some strange reason, ‘LocalserviceNoNetworkFirewall’ consumes high memory and is causing issues with starting of credential manager service. any reason why this is taking so much memory? this also causes issues with start button being disabled, cannot start credential...
  3. ‘LocalserviceNoNetworkFirewall’ consumes high memory 600 MB memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‘LocalserviceNoNetworkFirewall’ consumes high memory 600 MB memory: for some strange reason, ‘LocalserviceNoNetworkFirewall’ consumes high memory and is causing issues with starting of credential manager service. any reason why this is taking so much memory? this also causes issues with start button being disabled, cannot start credential...
  4. ‘LocalserviceNoNetworkFirewall’ consumes high memory 600 MB memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly: Kindly refer to my attachment, you can notice that Edge is not running by looking at task-bar But still, it is consuming nearly 300MB of RAM This is forcing me to switch to other browsers, so kindly help me out in fixing this issue!I have even submitted it on feedback-hub;...
  6. MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly: Kindly refer to my attachment, you can notice that Edge is not running by looking at task-bar But still, it is consuming nearly 300MB of RAM This is forcing me to switch to other browsers, so kindly help me out in fixing this issue!I have even submitted it on feedback-hub;...
  7. 1 chrome tab with a website open and 1 edge tab on its home screen. The RAM usage. Is this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1 chrome tab with a website open and 1 edge tab on its home screen. The RAM usage. Is this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Shreyash_jais_02 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnigc9/1_chrome_tab_with_a_website_open_and_1_edge_tab/
  8. Registry (ntoskrnl.exe) sometimes consuming 40+MB RAM after Win Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Registry (ntoskrnl.exe) sometimes consuming 40+MB RAM after Win Update: [img] Ok so I noticed some strange behaviour sometimes on Windows Start up. In the Task Manager there is a file name called Registry. This normally sits at 1-2MB RAM. But I have noticed occasions when this would jump to as high as 40MB RAM! And after a few seconds it will...
  9. Anti-malware executable service Using more than 600 MB ram memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anti-malware executable service Using more than 600 MB ram memory: Hi there, I have recently installed Windows 10 version 1809 on my Msi laptop. My pc specs are listed below. Processor - Intel Core i5 8300H Graphics - Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1050@ 4Gb Ram - 8 Gb ddr4 (2666 mhz) Os - Windows 10 Home Single Language The problem I am...
  10. "System and Compressed Memory" consuming 1-3GB of RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "System and Compressed Memory" consuming 1-3GB of RAM: Yo! Installed Win10 yesterday for free, everything went without a hitch that day. Today after rebooting and having installed new updates, I fire up World of Warcraft and after a minute of playing I get a freeze for 20 seconds, followed by an error message from Windows that...