Windows 10: Is it normal for it to revert to "Safe Mode" when I switch to Admin user ?

Discus and support Is it normal for it to revert to "Safe Mode" when I switch to Admin user ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to transition from 7 to 10. I got some error messages, and the Micro transition tool did not work so I purchased a 10 package and utilized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JFK Baby, Feb 15, 2023.

1. JFK Baby Win User

Is it normal for it to revert to "Safe Mode" when I switch to Admin user ?

I am trying to transition from 7 to 10. I got some error messages, and the Micro transition tool did not work so I purchased a 10 package and utilized the chat help, but when it got to the point he needed Admin access, I tried to switch users to Admin but then got Safe Mode. I thought I could enter the user as Admin anytime.

:)

JFK Baby, Feb 15, 2023
  2. LemP Win User

No, it's not normal to go to Safe Mode when switching to a user with "Administrator" privileges.

Please describe in some detail the process you used to "switch users to Admin."

What is the "Micro transition tool"? And who was the "he" who needed "Admin access"?

3. JFK Baby Win User

I am trying to transition from 7 to 10. I got some error messages, and the Micro transition tool did not work so I purchased a 10 package and utilized the chat help, but when it got to the point he needed Admin access, I tried to switch users to Admin but then got Safe Mode.

I thought I could enter the user as Admin anytime.

JFK Baby, Feb 16, 2023
  4. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Feb 16, 2023
Thema:

1. Is it normal for it to revert to "Safe Mode" when I switch to Admin user ? - Similar Threads - normal revert Safe

2. Laptop is opening in safe mode but not in normal mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is opening in safe mode but not in normal mode.: Hello,I have a very old laptop. One day i tried to open it after a long time. When, i opened it, the screen was black. But, the idication light was showing that the laptop is opened. When, i try to open it. It shows windows not shut down successfully. Then, i put the start...
  3. Is it normal for it to revert to "Safe Mode" when I switch to Admin user ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal for it to revert to "Safe Mode" when I switch to Admin user ?: I am trying to transition from 7 to 10. I got some error messages, and the Micro transition tool did not work so I purchased a 10 package and utilized the chat help, but when it got to the point he needed Admin access, I tried to switch users to Admin but then got Safe Mode....
  4. HDD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode: Everything was fine a few days ago, and sudden after I restarted my PC, my PC cannot connect my D drive HDD drive. But when I enter safe mode, everything still work as the bug never happened!Every times I boot in normal mode and enter disk management, I can see the D...
  5. Flickering Screen in Normal and Safe mode. Don't have admin password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flickering Screen in Normal and Safe mode. Don't have admin password?: I attempted to open the game Valorant while in a Zoom meeting and got a blue screen of death which stated: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. After that, I decided that I would try to update my windows from the settings page. I don't remember what exactly updated, but after the...
  6. Flickering Screen in Normal and Safe mode. Don't have admin password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flickering Screen in Normal and Safe mode. Don't have admin password?: I attempted to open the game Valorant while in a Zoom meeting and got a blue screen of death which stated: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. After that, I decided that I would try to update my windows from the settings page. I don't remember what exactly updated, but after the...
  7. Flickering Screen in Normal and Safe mode. Don't have admin password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Monitor doesn't work in Safe Mode -- how to revert to normal mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor doesn't work in Safe Mode -- how to revert to normal mode?: Hello,I tried booting my computer in Safe Mode with Networking and now my monitor is not receiving signal. I just want to revert back to normal mode, but I can't since without the monitor, I am unable to navigate any menus. Thanks.Stella...
  9. SSD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode: Strange problem. An SSD drive I have and which was accessible until a few days ago, cannot now be accessed via Windows 10 in normal mode. In 'Normal Mode,' the drive shows up in the BIOS, shows up in Disk Manager, show up in File Explorere but when I click on the drive I...
  10. how to change safe mode to normal mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change safe mode to normal mode: I have searched everywhere to change safe mode can't open apps ,Cortana or sound notification telling me can not access in safe mode this is a h-p laptop HELP...