Windows 10: Is it normal for my computer to blue screen every once in a while?

Discus and support Is it normal for my computer to blue screen every once in a while? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve had my pre built ibuypower computer for about 2 1/2 years now and as of about 6 months ago my computer would blue screen randomly every few months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cohdy, May 30, 2020.

1. /u/Cohdy Win User

Is it normal for my computer to blue screen every once in a while?

I’ve had my pre built ibuypower computer for about 2 1/2 years now and as of about 6 months ago my computer would blue screen randomly every few months out of nowhere, usually when I’m just using google chrome. Is this normal? Or should it not be doing this at all?

submitted by /u/Cohdy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cohdy, May 30, 2020
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, May 30, 2020
  3. Computer Freezes Then Blue Screen

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 30, 2020
  4. Is it normal for my computer to blue screen every once in a while?

Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Is it normal for my computer to blue screen every once in a while?

1. Is it normal for my computer to blue screen every once in a while? - Similar Threads - normal computer blue

2. Blue Screen while booting computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen while booting computer: Here is the dumpfile:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amm_l-iX6D84g0RJgbf4JA47WRAm?e=3RdHe2Just over two and a half weeks ago I already received a blue screen and I'm not sure if this issue is connected to my last blue screen. The last time I blue screened the person that helped me...
  3. Blue Screen Of Death every once in a while, crash reports SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen Of Death every once in a while, crash reports SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION,...: No idea how to fix this, i have reinstalled many drivers and gone through a ton of stuff to try and fix it, anybody know what to do here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-of-death-every-once-in-a-while-crash/d3abd286-5b41-49c6-aa71-3886754b1770
  4. Blue Screen Of Death every once in a while, crash reports SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Of Death every once in a while, crash reports SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION,...: No idea how to fix this, i have reinstalled many drivers and gone through a ton of stuff to try and fix it, anybody know what to do here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-of-death-every-once-in-a-while-crash/d3abd286-5b41-49c6-aa71-3886754b1770
  5. Blue Screen Of Death every once in a while, crash reports SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Blue screen of death every once in a while after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death every once in a while after update: This has been a problem for me for a while now.When I boot my PC up, 9/10 times it boots up normally and everything works just fine. But during the 10th time these are made up figures, I just mean occasionally I run into the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen of death which...
  7. The system keep repooting every once in a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system keep repooting every once in a while: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION the error in event log The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff8006b8fb320. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  8. Screen flashes black for a split second every once in a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flashes black for a split second every once in a while: Hi! I built myself a new computer and it worked perfectly fine for a few weeks. Recently few days i have noticed that my screen flashes black for a split second. This happens pretty rarely. It happenes to both of my monitors but not at the same time. I suspect that it's not...
  9. BSOD every once in a while APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD every once in a while APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: I've been getting BSODs every once in a while, however, in Safe mode they seem to not happen. I've done some memtests and they didn't return any errors. I feel like it's a driver problem. Please, if anyone could help me out, that would be deeply appreciated. Minidump:...
  10. My Transparency for my Start Menu dissapears every once in a while, despite having it every once

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Transparency for my Start Menu dissapears every once in a while, despite having it every once: My Transparency for my Start Menu dissapears every once in a while, despite having it every once in a while. Why and how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trans/298edaf7-9ed6-45c0-bd11-11a8db3d719f