Windows 10: Is it normal for new laptop to run old window 10

Discus and support Is it normal for new laptop to run old window 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I am newbie here. Just bought Acer swift 3 a few days ago. It is running on window 10 version 1809, I can see that window 10 is recommending... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nocovidinthespace, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Is it normal for new laptop to run old window 10

Hi, I am newbie here.

Just bought Acer swift 3 a few days ago. It is running on window 10 version 1809, I can see that window 10 is recommending downloading 1909. Version 1809 is pretty old, is it normal for a new machine to run on 1809.

Because I also did a fresh start, I thought fresh start would also install the latest window ?

submitted by /u/nocovidinthespace
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nocovidinthespace, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 4, 2020
  3. connect new laptop to old printer

Hi Yon,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about adding a printer to your device. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or outdated printer drivers after upgrade to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if the drivers are compatible to Windows 10 Operating System?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps you to add the printer.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Greg Carmack - MS MVP
    on January 10, 2016 and check if it helps.

Unable to connect my Printer to Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Cansdap Win User

Is it normal for new laptop to run old window 10

How do I move my Favorites list from my old laptop running Windows 8 over to my new desktop running Windows 10?

* Original title: Favorites

How do I move my Favorites list from my old laptop running Windows 8 over to my new desktop running Windows 10?

Cansdap, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Is it normal for new laptop to run old window 10

1. Is it normal for new laptop to run old window 10 - Similar Threads - normal laptop run

2. Can my old laptop run windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can my old laptop run windows 10?: 2012 Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Specs: 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-3630QMNVIDIA Geforce GT750MDDR3 8GB 1600MHz memoryIt was running windows 8.1 last time I used it last year and the HDD broke. Now that I installed a new SSD, I was wondering if I can install windows 10 on it or not.If I can...
  3. New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop: I have a year old PC that was running amazing, up until about a week ago when I started getting a ton of BSOD... I think I have overall resolved that issue, BUT the computer is running very slowly now. For instance from the windows login screen, entering PIN to loading into...
  4. New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop: I have a year old PC that was running amazing, up until about a week ago when I started getting a ton of BSOD... I think I have overall resolved that issue, BUT the computer is running very slowly now. For instance from the windows login screen, entering PIN to loading into...
  5. Old and new laptop connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old and new laptop connected: I recently got a new laptop, so I was going to give my old one to my brother, but for some reason they seem to be connected. Whatever I do on one the same thing happens on the other. I have tried to turn of sync settings for both, sharing for both, and I even took the old...
  6. transfer from old laptop to new laptop in windows 10

transfer from old laptop to new laptop in windows 10: how to transfer files from old laptop to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-from-old-laptop-to-new-laptop-in-windows/dcea54a4-2b16-4836-89ba-d41ac607e81d
  7. Running an old pc game on a new Dell pc running windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running an old pc game on a new Dell pc running windows 10: Hi. While doing a clearout I have come across a very old pc game, Grim Fandango, bought way back in the day, which i would love to be able to play again on a 2017 Dell laptop running windows 10. What do i need to do to be able to run it on my current laptop? I have seen...
  8. new windows 10 laptop running badly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    new windows 10 laptop running badly: I bought a new lenovo laptop with windows 10 running in S mode and put some files from my old laptop which runs fine on the new one. Most of the files are Word docs, Powerpoint, PNG and JPEG images, and pdfs. I've used the new laptop a couple times since then and it is...
  9. Transfer old laptop to new

Transfer old laptop to new: Can someone please let me know how to transfer as much as possible from my old Windows 10 laptop to a new one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-old-laptop-to-new/5fc63d8d-751c-446a-aad5-5f587e816202
  10. Clone old laptop to new Laptop?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone old laptop to new Laptop?: Question: Could I with Data Migration clone my old laptop (win 10 installed & updated), and install it in a new laptop I am thinking of buying? As always your thoughts most appreciated. 54283