Windows 10: Is it normal for SFC / scannow to finds and repair errors and a new PC?

Discus and support Is it normal for SFC / scannow to finds and repair errors and a new PC? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC is 2 months old and I ran SFC / scannow a few times. It found errors only one time and repaired them? I have a Kingston 120GB SSD for Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RokoIvanis, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Is it normal for SFC / scannow to finds and repair errors and a new PC?

My PC is 2 months old and I ran SFC / scannow a few times. It found errors only one time and repaired them?

I have a Kingston 120GB SSD for Windows and a WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD. I only use my PC for general browsing, YouTube, streaming services and some light Photoshop work.

I've noticed no issues whatsoever on my PC as it's been working absolutely fine. I was just wondering if this is normal or should I be worried?

On my old PC I never did scans and it worked fine for 5 years.

:)

RokoIvanis, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

sfc /scannow error repair

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the efforts you have taken in trying to resolve this issue. I have analyzed the error logs that you have shared and I would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Command Prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    4. Once the DISM command is executed, we would suggest you to run sfc /scannow again.

If the integrity violations are not repaired after running sfc scan, the best option will be performing a repair installation. A repair installation will repair all the corrupted files.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) and use it to perform a repair installation
    of Windows 10. We have a video that can show you how if you aren’t sure

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 12, 2020
  3. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Is it normal for SFC / scannow to finds and repair errors and a new PC?

SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:

1. Ran sfc /scannow which showed error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    2. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which reported "The component store is repairable."
    3. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which failed with Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature."
    4. Mounted the W10 Techbench ISO and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess which reported successfully "The restore operation completed successfully."
    5. Ran sfc /scannow wich completed successfully with report "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please advise:
    1. Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation which ran sfc /scannow error free immediately before the upgrade?
    2. Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO at step 4 above for Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to work and will I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO every time I need to run this Dism command?
    3. How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim file for the Dism command to work properly?

Steve C, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Is it normal for SFC / scannow to finds and repair errors and a new PC?

1. Is it normal for SFC / scannow to finds and repair errors and a new PC? - Similar Threads - normal SFC scannow

2. sfc /scannow error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow error: I'm running sfc /scannow regularly, and i am getting back wierd results. It seems I have problem with one file, sfc /scannow either finds it corrupt, and repairs it, or does not find any problem at all. 2023-03-18 08:24:08, Info CSI 000001ff [SR] Repairing 1 components...
  3. sfc /scannow keeps finding errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow keeps finding errors: When I run SFC /SCANNOW, even just straight in a row, he always states "found corrupt files" but I can't determine from the log why it keeps reporting issues. I'll upload the log of such a run: CBS.log 163942
  4. Is it normal for SFC / scannow to finds and repair errors and a new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it normal for SFC / scannow to finds and repair errors and a new PC?: My PC is 2 months old and I ran SFC / scannow a few times. It found errors only one time and repaired them? I have a Kingston 120GB SSD for Windows and a WD Caviral Blue 1TB HDD. I only use my PC for general browsing, Youtube, streaming services and some light Photoshop...
  5. sfc /scannow error repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc /scannow error repair: Task bar icons suddenly stopped working (Start, action center, wifi, battery ) as well as ease of access keyboard Online discussions lead me to deliver sfc scannow action would solve it, I got the following list of errors 2019-10-07 01:17:23, Info CSI...
  6. Sfc/scannow error repair

Sfc/scannow error repair: Errors are reported which sfc cannot repair. I found some errors in the CBS.log. How do I tell if these are the (only) errors and how do I repair them? This is something of which I have no knowledge or experience. 2018-11-29 13:26:19, Info CSI 000046ef Error: Overlap:...
  7. sfc/scannow cannot repair

sfc/scannow cannot repair: I'm experiencing an issue with a corrupt file "close.png". It's not causing any issues with my daily activities, that I'm aware of, but while attempting to fix another issue relating to message "updater crashed" I keep running into this file saying unfixable. I've ran...
  8. SFC /scannow - errors

SFC /scannow - errors: Hey all! I recently upgrade to Windows 10 2 weeks ago and for kicks I decided to run an SFC /scannow .. and It found a whole slew of errors! It's weird because I don't see anything wrong with the OS but I know there are according to the scanner. I ran it a few times,...
  9. SFC /ScanNow Finds Errors Every Time

SFC /ScanNow Finds Errors Every Time: I run sfc /scannow and it finds errors and cannot fix them. I then run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:wim:x:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess and that succeeds. I run sfc /scannow again and it is able to fix the errors. I run sfc /scannow again a day or...
  10. SFC /SCANNOW Error

SFC /SCANNOW Error: When trying to run SFC /SCANNOW the following error is generated: C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. Is this a knpown problem with solution? 20898