Windows 10: Is it normal for the Event Viewer Security logs to have a lot of logons?

Discus and support Is it normal for the Event Viewer Security logs to have a lot of logons? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is 7 Special logons in a row normal? submitted by /u/STOP_POLLUTING [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/STOP_POLLUTING, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Is it normal for the Event Viewer Security logs to have a lot of logons?

/u/STOP_POLLUTING, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events

We are having issues with our Security event log within Event Viewer. It is my understanding when you perform Object Access auditing and enable it within Group Policy, you still need to enable auditing on the Objects (to be audited) themselves. We just enabled
    Object Access auditing and are already seeing Handle Manipulation events (i.e. event id 4656) flooding our Security log even though we have not configured auditing at the file level for ANY of the files in question.
    A lot of forums mention disabling Audit File System and Audit Handle Manipulation events to ensure the 4656 events do not flood the Security log; however, we want to be able to see these events for the files that we configure auditing for (at the
    file level), but not for any other files which were not configured for auditing at the file level.
    We do not have Global Object Access Auditing configured.

iggygatton, Jul 27, 2020
  4. spike47 Win User

Is it normal for the Event Viewer Security logs to have a lot of logons?

Error in event viewer

Hi

I keep geting the following in the Event viewer ,
    The description for Event ID (4) in source ( SuperProServer ) cannot be found . the local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display message from a remote computer . You may be able to use /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description . The following information is part of the event, The event log file is corrupt .

has anyone any ideas has to what this means .

cheers

spike47, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Is it normal for the Event Viewer Security logs to have a lot of logons?

1. Is it normal for the Event Viewer Security logs to have a lot of logons? - Similar Threads - normal Event Viewer

2. Logon failure captured at a delayed timing on Windows Event Log Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logon failure captured at a delayed timing on Windows Event Log Viewer: Hi, Hoping to get some help here. My application software uses the Windows Event Log Viewer to capture audit trail. I’m trying to verify the timestamp of the following activities: logon failure with incorrect password, and successful logon. The timestamp of my successful...
  3. Logon failure captured at a delayed timing on Windows Event Log Viewer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logon failure captured at a delayed timing on Windows Event Log Viewer: Hi, Hoping to get some help here. My application software uses the Windows Event Log Viewer to capture audit trail. I’m trying to verify the timestamp of the following activities: logon failure with incorrect password, and successful logon. The timestamp of my successful...
  4. A lot of critical events in Event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of critical events in Event log: How do I find out what is causing these events? Computer runs fine. Never crashes. Shuts down Windows just fine, yet I get these logs every time I start or restart computer. What is causing it?Error 41: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  5. A lot of critical events in Event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A lot of critical events in Event log: How do I find out what is causing these events? Computer runs fine. Never crashes. Shuts down Windows just fine, yet I get these logs every time I start or restart computer. What is causing it?Error 41: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  6. Excessive logs on event viewer? Normal or hacked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Excessive logs on event viewer? Normal or hacked?: I just recently found out about Event Viewer, and I am having worries about my logs. Is it normal for there to be dozens of Security Audits with the ID 5379 logs per second when using your laptop? I'm also getting a lot of 4624, 4672, and 5382 logs. Did I get hacked or...
  7. thousands of security logs in event viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    thousands of security logs in event viewer: I went to the Event Viewer to check why my system shut down and won't turn on for a few minutes after the shut down. Then I noticed that under "Windows Logs" >"Security", I have more than 10,000 "Audit Success" logs. more than 10 per second. Is this normal? EventID are...
  8. Lots of errors in the Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lots of errors in the Event Viewer: Mainly ID 1000, 1005 and 7031, please forgive my poor translation: ID 1000 Application Error - MsMpEng.exe - Explorer.EXE - svchost.exe_DiagTrack - svchost.exe_Audiosrv ID 1005 - mostly Windows unable to access files - System Windows cannot access file .../Windows...
  9. Event Viewer Log.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Log.: Need to create an event viewer log that tracks USB connects and disconnects. I have all my USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting. I need to identify if it's possibly my UPS (usb connected to PC), because it showed I had a battery discharge when i first installed my...
  10. Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Logs: I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371. Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and Services Logs” folder, which I don’t recall having previously (pointed with red arrow, in the image) and are all inactive! Can...