Windows 10: Is it normal for the Factory reset to take long?

Discus and support Is it normal for the Factory reset to take long? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before returning home i asked someone to do aReset, took less than an hour, turned out they pressed the wrong option and kept the personal files, i re... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/6519719Mm, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Is it normal for the Factory reset to take long?

Before returning home i asked someone to do aReset, took less than an hour, turned out they pressed the wrong option and kept the personal files, i re did it but with the 2nd option that wipes everything out and its been stuck at 31% for quite a while am i just stressed or is there possibly an issue?

submitted by /u/6519719Mm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/6519719Mm, Oct 13, 2020
  2. S_and_S Win User

Factory Reset

That depends on what you mean by "factory reset."

The term traditionally means restoring your computer to the way it was when it left the factory (hence the name.) After a factory reset, you computer will be exactly the same as it was when you pressed the Power button for the first time.

If that's what you mean, you can find detailed instructions on the computer manufacturer's website. It's a manufacturer-designed procedure, not something that comes from Microsoft, and it doesn't take long at all. Just follow the directions, step-by-step
    and you'll be fine.

S_and_S, Oct 13, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Oct 13, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Is it normal for the Factory reset to take long?

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Is it normal for the Factory reset to take long?

1. Is it normal for the Factory reset to take long? - Similar Threads - normal Factory reset

2. Factory reset taking 10+ hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset taking 10+ hours.: I decided to wipe my PC today at 12pm. It stayed sub 10% for 5 hours then quickly faster than what I was getting before shot to 21% in the last 3 hours and has stayed there for at least 2. Should I hard reboot my PC or should I just wait it out?...
  3. Resetting windows takes long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting windows takes long time: i started full reset on my windows 10 at 05:07, then at 07:14 it only increase 33% then i check again at 09:10 it only increase 56%, there's any way to increase the speed? my pc spec: 1TB HDD, 8GB ram, i5...
  4. Resetting windows takes long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting windows takes long time: i started full reset on my windows 10 at 05:07, then at 07:14 it only increase 33% then i check again at 09:10 it only increase 56%, there's any way to increase the speed? my pc spec: 1TB HDD, 8GB ram, i5...
  5. Resetting windows takes long time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How long does a full factory reset take on a Lenovo laptop ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long does a full factory reset take on a Lenovo laptop ?: Drop responses :) submitted by /u/Alfiecooper710 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/loaxzk/how_long_does_a_full_factory_reset_take_on_a/
  7. Why is my PC taking longer to factory reset than normal?

Why is my PC taking longer to factory reset than normal?: So I factory reset last night and I went to sleep with it at 1%, and I woke up 8 hours later with it at 8%. Usually it takes like 3 hours for my pc to reset, but its already been so much longer. Is there a problem? submitted by /u/TechAdvancements [link] [comments]...
  8. Is it normal for the feature updateversion 1909 to take long to install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it normal for the feature updateversion 1909 to take long to install?: [ATTACH] The picture^^^ I've been waiting for four hours and it's at 43%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-normal-for-the-feature-updateversion-1909-to/df99f2b4-5878-434a-b9b2-e1bbb758ba31
  9. How long should a reset take?

How long should a reset take?: Hey, clueless about anything and everything pc... got a new one and sending the old one to a friend. Trying to reset it. It is currently at a small blue screen saying Preparing to reset. Under that is a circle of rotating lil dots, and a message saying, Preparing to reset...
  10. Certain folders take a really long time to load after factory reset?!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Certain folders take a really long time to load after factory reset?!: So a couple of days ago, I accidentally installed a program I didn't want, but it would not let me uninstall it! So I used the factory reset to get rid of it! After windows was reinstalled, certain folders take a really long time to load! Mostly it's the "this pc" folder,...