Windows 10: Is it normal for the feature updateversion 1909 to take long to install?

Discus and support Is it normal for the feature updateversion 1909 to take long to install? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The picture^^^ I've been waiting for four hours and it's at 43%.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CuriosityW, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Is it normal for the feature updateversion 1909 to take long to install?

Is it normal for the feature updateversion 1909 to take long to install? f3e9b07b-0ead-4af2-a7f5-3b9270f68132?upload=true.png

The picture^^^

I've been waiting for four hours and it's at 43%.

:)

CuriosityW, Jun 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    1909 in the offing?

No. I'm suggesting that to install 1909 first Setup installs 1903 (18362) then it switch on the 1909 (18363) features with the Enablement Package.

1909 is not a full Feature Update in the normal sense, this is the first Feature Update to be performed via a form of cumulative update. See my post #115

4. RexOman Win User

Is it normal for the feature updateversion 1909 to take long to install?

Windows Update History shows both Feature Updates 1903 and 1909 installed

After I installed the Windows 10 Feature Update from 1903 to 1909 my Windows Update History shows

Feature Updates (2)

Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1909 (2)

Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903

Looking in the About page it lists Version 1909 OS Build 18363.720

In the past when I've installed a Feature Update it only shows the new update. In other words in this case it would only show 1909. Since it shows 1903 also is my computer really upgraded to 1909? Also the (2) after the 1909 is something I don't understand.

I would appreciate any help on this.

Rex

RexOman, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Is it normal for the feature updateversion 1909 to take long to install?

1. Is it normal for the feature updateversion 1909 to take long to install? - Similar Threads - normal feature updateversion

2. Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install: Today, Windows Update notified me that the 21H1 update is finally ready to be downloaded and installed on my laptop. I hit download and install and left the laptop plugged in idle as I didn't have any laptop work to do at the time. Now it's been 5 hours since I left it on,...
  3. Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install: Today, Windows Update notified me that the 21H1 update is finally ready to be downloaded and installed on my laptop. I hit download and install and left the laptop plugged in idle as I didn't have any laptop work to do at the time. Now it's been 5 hours since I left it on,...
  4. Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My family features is taking too long to respond

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My family features is taking too long to respond: I was approving a request but once it was approved it was not shown on the child's device. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-family-features-is-taking-too-long-to-respond/67a4113e-b4a3-4d4c-9968-9b062b60e0ed
  6. How long does it normally take for tech support to contact you?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long does it normally take for tech support to contact you?: Hello,I was wondering how long it takes for tech support to contact you after you have opened a ticket. Its been 1 week since I opened the ticket and followed up 3 days after with their support team but they claim the data team should be getting to me soon and their not sure...
  7. I restored my pc and is now installing windows for a while, is it normal to take so long?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I restored my pc and is now installing windows for a while, is it normal to take so long?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/muramasa__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lw2obk/i_restored_my_pc_and_is_now_installing_windows/
  8. Is it normal for the Factory reset to take long?

Is it normal for the Factory reset to take long?: Before returning home i asked someone to do aReset, took less than an hour, turned out they pressed the wrong option and kept the personal files, i re did it but with the 2nd option that wipes everything out and its been stuck at 31% for quite a while am i just stressed or is...
  9. Is it normal that it takes so painfully long to install Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 SP1?

Is it normal that it takes so painfully long to install Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 SP1?: It's been installing for half an hour now and still no sign of progress (it's because I want to install Statistica and it automatically installs net framework and other stuff because without it it cannot continue the installation) submitted by /u/cj_train [link]...
  10. Windows 10 Feature Update 2004 taking too long to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Update 2004 taking too long to install: Today I was notified by Windows Update that the 2004 update is finally ready to be downloaded and installed on my laptop. I pressed download and install and left the laptop plugged in idle as I did not have any laptop work to do at that time. Now it's been 4 hours since I...