Windows 10: Is it normal for windows 10 to spend around 4.5Gb of memories on desktop?

Discus and support Is it normal for windows 10 to spend around 4.5Gb of memories on desktop? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My asus rog laptop spends around 4.5Gb on only desktop with a few background apps like: Discord, Steam, Geforce Expereince, Logitech G Hub, Steelseries... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KraiNarueponmatee, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Is it normal for windows 10 to spend around 4.5Gb of memories on desktop?

My asus rog laptop spends around 4.5Gb on only desktop with a few background apps like: Discord, Steam, Geforce Expereince, Logitech G Hub, Steelseries Engine. When I open task manager, I saw that the most ram usage is antimalware service excutalbe, Desktop Window Manger, and then tons of windows services. Is it normal for windows 10 to spend around 4.5Gb of memories on desktop? 2c11b194-7ff7-481c-af68-143d54008134?upload=true.png

Is it normal for windows 10 to spend around 4.5Gb of memories on desktop? 7501e5a5-683f-443f-8883-633ad0e8831b?upload=true.png

:)

KraiNarueponmatee, Sep 20, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 20, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    Is there a difference between laptop memory sticks and desktop memory

As mentioned by SIW2, desktop PCs typically use full-size DIMMs (dual inline memory modules). laptops normally use SODIMMs (small outline DIMMs). They are entirely diffent physically, and not interchangeable, even though functionally they are the same. I have no idea what "Bree" was thinking.

Is your "workstation" the laptop listed in My Computer (Dell M6800)? If so, the largest SODIMMs it supports are 8GB. With 4 memory slots, the maximum RAM in the machine would be 32 GB. (That's with an I7-4940MX CPU. With a lesser CPU, only 2 of the SODIMM sockets would be usable, for a maximum of 16 GB.)

The suggestion to go to Crucial or Kingston online is good. They both guarantee that RAM they sell for a given PC will be compatible.

bobkn, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Is it normal for windows 10 to spend around 4.5Gb of memories on desktop?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Is it normal for windows 10 to spend around 4.5Gb of memories on desktop?

1. Is it normal for windows 10 to spend around 4.5Gb of memories on desktop? - Similar Threads - normal spend around

2. 80% of my 16 gb RAM is being used up but the amount of memory being used is around 4-5gb on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    80% of my 16 gb RAM is being used up but the amount of memory being used is around 4-5gb on...: I was playing minecraft today and i wanted to open google but google kept on crashing because of insufficient ram, i have 16 gb of ram but when i looked at task manager minecraft was using up only 3.5gb and everything else was around 1 or 1.5gb. sometimes when i try to open...
  3. 80% of my 16 gb RAM is being used up but the amount of memory being used is around 4-5gb on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    80% of my 16 gb RAM is being used up but the amount of memory being used is around 4-5gb on...: I was playing minecraft today and i wanted to open google but google kept on crashing because of insufficient ram, i have 16 gb of ram but when i looked at task manager minecraft was using up only 3.5gb and everything else was around 1 or 1.5gb. sometimes when i try to open...
  4. Is it "normal" to windows defender spend 200mb of ram?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it "normal" to windows defender spend 200mb of ram?: When i look on task manager the antimalware is spending 200 ram and the disk use is 100%. Is that normal? submitted by /u/Money-Age-4236 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uw4f5c/is_it_normal_to_windows_defender_spend_200mb_of/
  5. Desktop Windows Manager DWM 5GB - High Memory Use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Windows Manager DWM 5GB - High Memory Use: Windows and its problems - literally never ending. Windows 10 is fully updated. Graphics driver is fully updated. DWM service memory usage keeps going up even after killing it and this time around it has peaked. I don't think there is any solution as DWM is part of...
  6. Border around Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Border around Desktop: Hello all! I recently bought a GDP P2 Max mini laptop and am pretty surprised at how performant it is. My only problem however is that the Desktop has a border around the edges. It's dark grey and had a tiny rectangle in the upper right corner of the screen. Does anyone...
  7. Desktop Windows Move Around

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Windows Move Around: My open desktop windows move around. I drag them to the center and then later they have moved to the left side. I don't want them to move around. My windows have always stayed where I put them in the past. I have tried to search out solutions to this issue but I only...
  8. spending tracker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spending tracker: I try to upgrade and it puts UK in the country, I can't change it and doesn't accept zip code. Also will the my iphone app connect with the PC version? Ed Brown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spending-tracker/05441b2c-9116-43c6-bf60-58d429689a56
  9. Windows Driver Foundation taking up Memory maximum up to 5GB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Driver Foundation taking up Memory maximum up to 5GB: Hi, I have tried the following: 1. Reinstall Wifi Driver 2. Run SFC Scan 3. Run DISM 4. Hardware Troubleshooter 5. Performance Troubleshooter But Still yet to resolve... is there anything we can do to troubleshoot it like permanently?...
  10. How to restore "normal" desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to restore "normal" desktop in Windows 10: Hi all, So, Win 10 has just completed a routine update, (that is Windows 10 updating itself through win updater - not updating to Windows 10 from an earlier version) and now the classic desktop has gone, and has been replaced by the Windows 8 style (the one with live tiles...