Windows 10: Is It Normal to Have 6 Instead of 4 on Unistack Service Group?

Discus and support Is It Normal to Have 6 Instead of 4 on Unistack Service Group? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This process has been hogging my memory for the past few minutes. I did a restart, and it went down significantly. However, I have looked around and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnSchorwinson, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Is It Normal to Have 6 Instead of 4 on Unistack Service Group?

This process has been hogging my memory for the past few minutes. I did a restart, and it went down significantly. However, I have looked around and found out most users only have four? One of these articles are even just published days ago and I'm just curious, and a little alarmed, to have six. Is this normal or it's simply that way? Thanks!

:)

JohnSchorwinson, Jun 14, 2021
  2. xraiderv1 Win User

high cpu usage by service host unistack service group

every single session since the latest update I inevitably spend half an hour sitting with high cpu usage going to the 'service host unistack service group' and its to the point where I'm curious...what is this? what does it do? is its sole purpose in life to have me glare at it for 30 minutes every morning? I've read and tried some of the troubleshooting steps here on other threads, looked at ms' community forums, seems like an issue within the os to me. so...what do I do?

xraiderv1, Jun 14, 2021
  3. ServiceHost UniStack Service Group - ???Services: 1122a6 & are they related to Update Failures?

Hi Momma Bear,

Svchost.exe is a generic host process name for services that run from dynamic-link libraries. The
    Unistack Service Group consists of at least 3-4 operating services:
    User Data Storage, User Data Access, Contact Data, and
    Sync Host.

When one service in a service host fails, all services in the service host fail. In other words, the service host process is terminated resulting in termination of all running services within that process. Individual service failure actions are then run.
    As you may have noticed in Task Manager before, service hosts can contain a lot of services.

Services are organized into logical groups that are all somewhat related, and then a single Service Host instance is created to host each group. For example, one Service Host process runs the three services related to the firewall. Another Service Host process
    might run all the services related to the user interface, and so on.

That being said, it is not bad having too many Service Host processes showing in the Task Manager. The number of
    Service Host process running in your Task Manager depends on the number of applications, programs, and services that are running or working on your computer.

Too many Service Host process running on your PC is not related to the Windows update installation failure. to isolate the issue with your Windows Update issue, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you encountered any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. After running the troubleshooter, try
    running the Windows Update again and install any available updates.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Is It Normal to Have 6 Instead of 4 on Unistack Service Group?

Service Host: Unistack Service Group or svchost using up lots of CPU.

Hi,

I am being slowed down a lot by Unistack Service Group or svchost using upto 80 pecent of CPU. Tried to dissable many services but none of it seems to help. Maybe you guys can.

Thanks.

minibentobox, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Is It Normal to Have 6 Instead of 4 on Unistack Service Group?

1. Is It Normal to Have 6 Instead of 4 on Unistack Service Group? - Similar Threads - Normal Instead Unistack

2. 4 digit code instead of 6 on windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    4 digit code instead of 6 on windows hello: I've tried logging into my microsoft account and it asked for my pin so i gave it my 6 digit pin but it's looking for 4 digit pin which i don't have* Changed to a question...
  3. 4 digit code instead of 6 on windows hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    4 digit code instead of 6 on windows hello: Ive tried logging into my microsoft account and it asked for my pin so i gave it my 6 digit pin but its looking for 4 digit pin which i dont have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/4-digit-code-instead-of-6-on-windows-hello/fa39efe0-76e8-451e-af0d-abaed765a641
  4. 4 digit code instead of 6 on windows hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4 digit code instead of 6 on windows hello: Ive tried logging into my microsoft account and it asked for my pin so i gave it my 6 digit pin but its looking for 4 digit pin which i dont have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/4-digit-code-instead-of-6-on-windows-hello/fa39efe0-76e8-451e-af0d-abaed765a641
  5. 4 digit code instead of 6 on windows hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unistack 80150

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unistack 80150: Hi there, I have been having problems figuring out what these services on my PC are. I haven't seen them before, and they seem sketchy. I think that they have been opening lots of system interrupts, possibly ruining my laptop. I have tried to stop some, but many more appear...
  7. Unistack 80150

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unistack 80150: Hi there, I have been having problems figuring out what these services on my PC are. I haven't seen them before, and they seem sketchy. I think that they have been opening lots of system interrupts, possibly ruining my laptop. I have tried to stop some, but many more appear...
  8. Unistack Svc Group Possible Explanation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unistack Svc Group Possible Explanation: Hello everyone. So i was searching about this weird services as most of people say in different topics, i want to confirm you that they really are indeed very suspicious, Unistack svc Group belongs to Markmonitor.com this are spying services which wpy on us, what we do on...
  9. Howto permanently disable unistack duplicate services?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Howto permanently disable unistack duplicate services?: I mean the duplicates with the cryptic numbers (like _6cf817e) in the services.msc. They do not add vital functionality to the system. All the standard services work as intended. The collective of this service group just reserve 1 GB of memory and add nothing. I want the...
  10. high cpu usage by service host unistack service group

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    high cpu usage by service host unistack service group: every single session since the latest update I inevitably spend half an hour sitting with high cpu usage going to the 'service host unistack service group' and its to the point where I'm curious...what is this? what does it do? is its sole purpose in life to have me glare at...