Windows 10: Is it normal to have a webpage of Internet Information Services on my localhost?

Discus and support Is it normal to have a webpage of Internet Information Services on my localhost? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/MasterGL1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dso1x6/is_it_normal_to_have_a_webpage_of_internet/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MasterGL1, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Is it normal to have a webpage of Internet Information Services on my localhost?

/u/MasterGL1, Nov 6, 2019
  2. W.H. Win User

Is IIS (Internet Information Services) Affecting Localhost

After the April Windows 2018 update, my localhost is now only showing a blank screen.

After a bit of research I found that it may be the IIS (Internet Information Services).

I've now checked the ISS Management Console under Web Management Tools in Windows Features, and Internet Information Services (ISS) Manager is showing up in Administrative Tools.

However, localhost is still showing a blank screen.

I've gone back into Administrative Tools and restarted Internet Information Services (ISS) Manager, but this still doesn't fix the problem.

Is there a step that I'm missing?

W.H., Nov 6, 2019
  3. Access localhost from another computer

Localhost, as the name suggests, points at the localhost. Use the hostname or IP from your computer on their PC's. ie something in the 192.168.x.x or 10.0.0.x range most likely.

DanTheBanjoman, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Felix H Win User

Is it normal to have a webpage of Internet Information Services on my localhost?

Is IIS (Internet Information Services) Affecting Localhost

The IIS bindings to the used website have probably been updated. See screenshot below, go to the IIS manager, click on your website under "Sites" - in my case "Default Web Site" and click on "Bindings" on the right side of the screen.

Is it normal to have a webpage of Internet Information Services on my localhost? 92a9f.png

If there is an entry that does NOT tell "*" or "localhost" but rather an IP-address, then that is probably your issue. "localhost" normally refers to 127.0.0.1. If there's an IP-Address of e.g. your server set, then it will not work. Set * (=All Unassigned) to listen to all interfaces - including localhost.

Felix H, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Is it normal to have a webpage of Internet Information Services on my localhost?

1. Is it normal to have a webpage of Internet Information Services on my localhost? - Similar Threads - normal webpage Internet

2. certain microsoft services not connecting to the internet despite internet working like normal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    certain microsoft services not connecting to the internet despite internet working like normal.: I recently reinstalled a fresh version of windows, and went through a hassle trying to update my PC back to windows 8.1. However, I noticed that some of the Microsoft services would work. This included Windows Store, Windows SmartScan, and also my ability to log into the...
  3. certain microsoft services not connecting to the internet despite internet working like normal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    certain microsoft services not connecting to the internet despite internet working like normal.: I recently reinstalled a fresh version of windows, and went through a hassle trying to update my PC back to windows 8.1. However, I noticed that some of the Microsoft services would work. This included Windows Store, Windows SmartScan, and also my ability to log into the...
  4. localhost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    localhost: In my internet statistics appear several localhost conections that i can not explain. How can i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/adfacb60-c768-448b-b482-217ff884723a
  5. localhost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    localhost: In my internet statistics appear several localhost conections that i can not explain. How can i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/adfacb60-c768-448b-b482-217ff884723a
  6. Internet Information Services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Information Services: If I do a network reset will iis also be reset in windows 10? submitted by /u/kirk7899 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mq0vsr/internet_information_services/
  7. Running Internet Checkers as localhost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Internet Checkers as localhost: I understand that support for these classic games has ended, however for nostalgia purposes I am trying to set it up with local host to play with a few friends to reinforce old memories. Once I can set it up on localhost I can use vpn apps to connect a few players. When...
  8. PowerGanalu.exe service information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PowerGanalu.exe service information: I spent the better part of this morning removing Segurazo Santivirus PUP from my son's Surface Pro tablet. During the process I came across a Service called PowerGanalu.exe. I have tried to research this name but nothing seems to come up. Looking at the location on the...
  9. redirect to Internet Information Services in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    redirect to Internet Information Services in Windows 10: I am trying to reach a secure website and am being redirected to Internet Information Services instead. I have disabled it in Windows Features, restarted, nothing works....
  10. localhost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    localhost: I am still not able to configure localhost in windows 10. I am web developer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/ab2ec8c7-6da0-4753-b640-691c4254c5ac

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting internet information services screen for localhost