Windows 10: Is it normal to have problems installing Win10 on SSD?

Discus and support Is it normal to have problems installing Win10 on SSD? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 USB and have installed it successfully on 3 different computers (Spinning hard drives), but when I added SSDs on those three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zijincheng, May 15, 2019.

1. Is it normal to have problems installing Win10 on SSD?

I have a Windows 10 USB and have installed it successfully on 3 different computers (Spinning hard drives), but when I added SSDs on those three computers, every time I would try installing Windows 10 on the SSDs, it always gave me boot errors.

I had to resort to cloning my HDD onto my SSD, only then was the SSD able to boot. Now I have a third computer with the exact same problem.
    Am I doing something wrong? (EDIT: all my SSDs are Sata connected)

Specs of first three computers:

• i5-8700, RX580, 500GB WD SSD, 3x 2TB HDDs
    • i5-3570k, GTX460, 120GB HyperX
    • X4-965 Black, AMD7850, 120GB Crucial

Specs of this last comp I'm having problems with:
    i3-6300, 120GB Kingston SSDNow, 500GB HDD

:)

zijincheng, May 15, 2019
  2. RadFX Win User

Win10 Preview install problems

I had that problem when I went to install Win10 preview. I've never had to install the ahci driver for my mobo/SSD in Windows 7 install, but had to for Windows 10. I also used the GPT partition for the record.

RadFX, May 15, 2019
  3. Josh_922 Win User
    Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, May 15, 2019
  4. Is it normal to have problems installing Win10 on SSD?

Win10 Preview install problems

Fill out your specs maybe?

Ferrum Master, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Is it normal to have problems installing Win10 on SSD?

1. Is it normal to have problems installing Win10 on SSD? - Similar Threads - normal problems installing

2. Win10 Boot Problem on cloned SSD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Boot Problem on cloned SSD drive: On Feb 8 I asked this question. I have follow-on questions, but could not add to previous question. Although my Old too-small win10 PRO C:\ still works perfectly, I am still unable to get my Cloned 1TB D:\ drive to boot, although the D: appears correctly cloned except for the...
  3. Win10 Boot Problem on cloned SSD drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Boot Problem on cloned SSD drive: On Feb 8 I asked this question. I have follow-on questions, but could not add to previous question. Although my Old too-small win10 PRO C:\ still works perfectly, I am still unable to get my Cloned 1TB D:\ drive to boot, although the D: appears correctly cloned except for the...
  4. Win10 Boot Problem on cloned SSD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win10 Boot Problem on cloned SSD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Boot Problem on cloned SSD drive: I have a DIY desktop that I built in 2013 and installed as I remember win8. It has been automatically updating since then. It now has the latest version of Win10. I still runs well. My problem is that the win10 C: SSD drive is too small 256GB. I purchased a larger 1TB SSD. I...
  6. Win10 installation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 installation problem: I am updating for win7 to Win10 and the system report: 0x8007001F-0x20006 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation. Any recommendations?...
  7. Full win10 install on ssd

Full win10 install on ssd: Hi my actual os: Win 7. Home edition. Installed on hdd i have mounted a 120 g sandisk SSD in my desktop so i would like to install a FULL. (Not a update) win10 on my new ssd i disconnect my win7 hdd ( i want to keep this win 7 hdd) after, can i follow the...
  8. ssd problem installing

ssd problem installing: hey everyone when i put this pc together i've built it with a m.2 950pro, install win10 from a usb, system is awesome. problem, i wanted to install the crucial for games, i know the m.2 shares pci-exp, but i've tried all the sata ports and new cables while using onboard...
  9. Installation problems on SSD

Installation problems on SSD: Hi there, I hope you guys can help me with a little problem I encountered while installing. I got a new Computer (new mb, a ssd, new cpu etc) and after assembling it I'm trying to install Windows 10 on the SSD via a bootable USB drive. Only the SSD, the dvd drive and the usb...
  10. win10 install to SSD

win10 install to SSD: Windows install says ( Can't install on USB flash drive.). That's how it sees my SSD. Do I have to put my original HDD back in, image SSD to it and then try to install? 13087