Windows 10: Is it OK/safe to manually delete the leftover files and folders after program Uninstallation?

Discus and support Is it OK/safe to manually delete the leftover files and folders after program Uninstallation? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Apparently Cubase left bunch of files and folders inside Appdata and roaming folder inside C drive after I Uninstalled it. I noticed my disk disk space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lopsang108, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Is it OK/safe to manually delete the leftover files and folders after program Uninstallation?

Apparently Cubase left bunch of files and folders inside Appdata and roaming folder inside C drive after I Uninstalled it. I noticed my disk disk space didn't increase after the Uninstallation process and after a Google search I found out about left over files and folders. Is it OK/safe to simply remove it by pressing delete or is there proper way to do it safely.

submitted by /u/lopsang108
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lopsang108, Jun 3, 2020
  2. a111087 Win User

can't uninstall oblivion

agree, manually delete the folder, clean the register and delete from Add/remove list *Smile Is it OK/safe to manually delete the leftover files and folders after program Uninstallation? :)

EDIT: or even better, just delete the folder, if don't want to waist your time... *Big Grin Is it OK/safe to manually delete the leftover files and folders after program Uninstallation? :D

a111087, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Knopfleri Win User
    Add/remove programs + MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab + leftover folder after uninstallation

Hello,

I have been going through the list of installed programs on my computer through the add/remove programs section in the control panel. When I wasn't able to uninstall an ebook reader I was able to solve the issue and complete the uninstallation by downloading
    and running MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab.

Whilst running the tool a list is generated with programs that are installed on my computer. When I went through the list I found a few programs I don't remember installing which were not listed in add/remove programs. One was a program called Primo (which
    disappeared after I uninstalled a few other programs, so I assume it was linked to another program, but I found it interesting I hadn't seen it in add/remove programs) and a codec called TechSmith Screen Capture Codec.

Another thing I noticed was that this list of programs visible in the tool also showed two separate lines for a program called Vaio Content Metadata Intelligent Analyzing Manager. I uninstalled the program and then checked in the tool whether the second
    line would still show. It did, so I successfully uninstalled the second program as well.

After all of this I've gone through the folders in my C: drive to find any leftover folders that might be left after uninstallation so I can delete them. When doing this I found this folder: C:\Program Files\Sony\VCM Intelligent Analyzing Manager. The folder
    properties shows it contains 88 files and 2 folders. Two files are .exe: VcmIAlzMgrRepairTool.exe and VcmIAlzMgr.exe. The other files are mostly .dll with a few .ax.

I am not able to find this program in the Microsoft uninstallation tool and it doesn't show in add/remove programs. I wouldn't be able to say if it's tied to another Vaio program.

My question is in relation to removing this program. Since it doesn't show in add/remove programs or in the uninstallation tool, can I go ahead and delete the whole folder, or is there something else that might be wrong, causing it to not show in add/remove
    programs? Would the type of files left in the folder (including two .exe files) be the kind of files usually left as debris after a successful uninstallation? What do I need to do remove the program if I can't just delete the folder?

Knopfleri, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Is it OK/safe to manually delete the leftover files and folders after program Uninstallation?

Software/Program Leftover

Hello FajriRachman,

In line with your concern, let's try performing the steps below to remove any leftover icons or search related issue with the uninstalled apps:

1. Launch File Explorer, then navigate to the directory below:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

2. The said folder is hidden, you'll need to enable the display hidden files and folders feature. In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select
    Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    Under Advanced settings
    , select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select
    OK.

3. Locate the programs/icons that you've uninstalled and delete the remaining icons from the said folder. Make sure not to delete the icons for programs that are still valid and installed.

4. Once you've successfully delete the icons for the uninstalled programs, click on Start menu and it should take at least a few seconds to refresh. It should no longer show the icons of the uninstalled programs.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Is it OK/safe to manually delete the leftover files and folders after program Uninstallation?

1. Is it OK/safe to manually delete the leftover files and folders after program Uninstallation? - Similar Threads - safe manually delete

2. Programs Safe to Uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs Safe to Uninstall: Hey, I have a Elitebook 840 G5 and I want to know how can I tell if it is safe to uninstall a program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-safe-to-uninstall/8c8686bf-5f12-48fb-9888-fbef7f947b13
  3. Programs Safe to Uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Safe to Uninstall: Hey, I have a Elitebook 840 G5 and I want to know how can I tell if it is safe to uninstall a program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-safe-to-uninstall/8c8686bf-5f12-48fb-9888-fbef7f947b13
  4. Corrupt files leftover from an old Scansnap program. Unable to delete.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt files leftover from an old Scansnap program. Unable to delete.: I have over 110,000 weird files, some with dollar signs in front. Many are variations of an old "Scansnap Organizer" file containing a exclamation point at the beginning of the filename and a ".PDF" in the filename from an old Fujitsu Scansnap program, which was accidently...
  5. Which folders under AppData are safe/OK to delete?

Which folders under AppData are safe/OK to delete?: Hi. This questions really pertains to this one right here -> “Microsoft Community” and here -> “Microsoft community forum”. Now I am just wondering which one of the four folders under AppData are safe to delete? Screenshot is below. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  6. Is it safe to delete the adobe folders located in program files and program files (x86) in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to delete the adobe folders located in program files and program files (x86) in...: So I want to completely uninstall photoshop from my computer but I am worried that if I delete the Adobe folders from these locations my system will malfunction in some way. Am I just being paranoid? submitted by /u/josechiri707 [link] [comments]...
  7. Is it safe to delete program folders in regedit?

Is it safe to delete program folders in regedit?: Hello, i have deleted programs off my PC but i can still see the software folders in the registry editor. I know they take up little space, but eventually programs i install and uninstall will accumulate, and so it would be a good idea to get rid of the ones i no longer...
  8. Leftover Uninstaller for a Nonexistant Program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Leftover Uninstaller for a Nonexistant Program: I have a 64-bit uninstaller in Programs and Features that refers to a program that doesn't exist in the Program Files folder. It does nothing if I try to run it. Windows says that it is 44GB large. I tried the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter, but it doesn't...
  9. Safe to delete these folders and file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to delete these folders and file?: Doing a little house cleaning today and I ran across two folders and a file that I believe can be safely deleted. The folders are empty and the file is 0 bytes. Can I safely delete them? [img] 76096
  10. Is it ok to delete or uninstall a SkyDrive folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it ok to delete or uninstall a SkyDrive folder?: My brother's computer has been upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 back in April and runs fine. There is a SkyDrive folder which he has never used. Is it ok to delete it or uninstall it? 58966