Windows 10: Is it ok to add Malwarebytes to Win10 Home?

Discus and support Is it ok to add Malwarebytes to Win10 Home? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a new Win10 Home 10.0.18363 build 19363 I have a router so I have windows firewall turned off I would like to add Malwarebytes in addition to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by robls99, Jul 19, 2020.

1. robls99 Win User

Is it ok to add Malwarebytes to Win10 Home?

I have a new Win10 Home 10.0.18363 build 19363
    I have a router so I have windows firewall turned off

I would like to add Malwarebytes in addition to the Windows Defender.

Are there any complications or considerations I need to be aware of?

:)

robls99, Jul 19, 2020

2. Malwarebytes and Windows 10

Then I'll suggest you follow these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog

2. In the box that comes up, type services.msc and click OK

3. In the list, find Windows Management Instrumentation, and double click it

4. Change startup type to Automatic

5. See if you can open Malwarebytes, if not, do a reboot.

Dexter Lien, Jul 19, 2020
  3. malwarebytes

Some time ago I came with some issues concerning my computer windows 10 desktop. Several members mentioned and suggested that I download the free malwarebytes program, which I did. I believed that the program was working ok, I ran it every day. Lately
    I believe that the program was updated or changed, it now seems to be on steioroids, going a little crazy. program finds many items it finds possibly bad. One day I put all the items ( I am not a computer nerd) in quarantine Then my 3rd party email program
    stopped working until I removed this long list of items out of quarantine . Any suggestions would be appreciated. Currently when I run a scan, it is not unusual to have 70 items in question, after the scan. HELP Thank you in advance for any suggestions
    concerning this matter.

JohnVan Lone, Jul 19, 2020
  4. 1PW
    1PW Win User

malwarebytes

Hello @walleyeblugil

1. Published lists that could be sorted by build number likely are non-existent. Without devoting more time, it would be best if you quote the entire version number in a reply.
    2. If you have an unexpired or lifetime license, a clean install seems indicated if you wish to upgrade to Malwarebytes for Windows. (MB4)
    If you wish to upgrade immediately, and your computer meets hardware/software minimums, then:

1. Please first make a safe/written record of the older product's valid Malwarebytes license Key/ID.
    2. Deactivate the activated license.
    3. Sequentially follow the steps in the following document:
    Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Then activate to premium:

Activate your subscription in Malwarebytes for Windows

HTH

Thema:

1. Is it ok to add Malwarebytes to Win10 Home? - Similar Threads - add Malwarebytes Win10

2. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  3. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  4. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I cannot access the original restore point to go back to Win10 Home when I put in a DVD restore. It is dated March 29. 2020. I was fiddling around with WSL 2 and I wanted to try out Win10 Pro as a possibility to fix my issues. Now, I just want my email, browser and OS...
  6. using Windows Defender on Win10 and Malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    using Windows Defender on Win10 and Malwarebytes: how to ensure Windows Defender runs smoothly with Malwarebytes on my Windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-windows-defender-on-win10-and-malwarebytes/7403ca42-dfa2-4277-a31a-f03d3c70b136"
  7. can't add gmail account to mail in win10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't add gmail account to mail in win10 home: Dear I have bought new Huawei Mate Book. I have add one of my account on gmail to mail app, but after sync it has not upload any of my old emails. And after I tried to add other gmail account, after inset the password the error 0x0000008b appeared and I cannot continues. I...
  8. Is Windows defender and Malwarebytes pro enough? (Win10)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Windows defender and Malwarebytes pro enough? (Win10): I'm just curious if Malwarebytes coupled with Windows defender is enough. I would like to add I use the internet quite a bit so I would like solid protection. I know windows defender doesn't have the BEST detection rate but I would hope Malwarebytes could pickup whatever...
  9. Gaming hardware drivers for Win7 OK in Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gaming hardware drivers for Win7 OK in Win10?: I haven't had the new PC delivered yet, but am wondering if, as Vista drivers for gaming hardware tended to be OK in Win7, should they and/or Win7 drivers work in Win10? Thinking of things like Saitek X52, Belkin Nostromo N52.. I could of course post to the various...
  10. Win10 or MalWareBytes issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 or MalWareBytes issue?: A little over a month ago I bought the latest version of Malware Bytes (also installed Anti-Ransomware). Since then I've noticed that my system hitches, stammers or hesitates, very briefly, when certain programs are loading (including FireFox and VLC player or Not Responding...