Windows 10: Is it OK to delete Microsoft Visual C++ older versionsexept newest versions?

Discus and support Is it OK to delete Microsoft Visual C++ older versionsexept newest versions? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I' m windows 10 pro user in Korea. I am very satisfied with Microsoft' s OSOperated System, or hardware. Recently, even I' m a onedrive paid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by [YT] Max J., Jan 26, 2020.

1. Is it OK to delete Microsoft Visual C++ older versionsexept newest versions?

Hello, I' m windows 10 pro user in Korea. I am very satisfied with Microsoft' s OSOperated System, or hardware. Recently, even I' m a onedrive paid usernot this account, I felt lack of memory in my notebook and PC too. Therefore, I started deleting some no - need programs and the most number of programs were the Microsoft Visual C++ with a lot of older versionslike 2005 version which I thought it is not needed. Microsoft users and experts,is it OK to delete only Microsoft Visual C++ older versions and leave the newest Microsoft Visual C++? The support image is below this thread and please note that it is in Korean. Have a good evening and Happy Lunar New Year~. Is it OK to delete Microsoft Visual C++ older versionsexept newest versions? 4deb8471-5c45-496b-95bd-269f51a73039?upload=true.png

:)

[YT] Max J., Jan 26, 2020

2. Microsoft Visual 2017 C++ msi wont install.

Hi,

Software conflicts are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Based on the error message you provided, an older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 is blocking the installation. We suggest uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 from the control
    panel before trying to install the new MS Visual 2017. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs, then click Programs and Features.
    • Locate Microsoft Visual 2017 C++, then click Uninstall.
    After uninstalling the program, try to install Microsoft Visual 2017 C++ again.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you further.

Martin Bar, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Veok Win User
    Can i delete older vesrion of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable?

So my PC has 22 Microsoft Visual C++ (2005-2008-2013-2017)

Why does my PC have 22, Can I delete some of it? Like the older version? Or what happens when I delete one of the older versions? And does it affect my PC?

4. Is it OK to delete Microsoft Visual C++ older versionsexept newest versions?

Microsoft Visual c++ 2010 - 10.0.30319 Ghost?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Sorry for the delayed response.

I would suggest you to uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 from your

computer ad then install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 on your computer.

Follow the steps given below.

Method 1:

Uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 from your computer.

Follow the steps when your computer has booted to desktop.

a) Press Windows + x key together and select Control Panel.

b) Click on

Programs and Features.

c) Locate Microsoft Visual C++ 2010, right click and

select Uninstall.

e) Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010.

Method 2: Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2013

and install.

Click on the link given below and install in on your computer.

Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Install the Bit defender on your computer and check if it gets installed

successfully. If it fails to install then try to install Visual C++ 2010

Redistributable Packages in compatibility mode. Follow the steps given in the

link given below to install the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Packages in

compatibility mode.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Write to us with the status of the issue. We will assist you ahead.

Thank You

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Is it OK to delete Microsoft Visual C++ older versionsexept newest versions?

1. Is it OK to delete Microsoft Visual C++ older versionsexept newest versions? - Similar Threads - delete Microsoft Visual

2. Visual C++ Older Distributable locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++ Older Distributable locations: Need the exact version. Where can I find a page to download old versions, not the latest versions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-c-older-distributable-locations/b27bc3c7-ce62-4f46-acbf-e88fa4917b00
  3. The older version of microsoft visual C++ 2022 X86 cannot be removed even with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The older version of microsoft visual C++ 2022 X86 cannot be removed even with...: This problem appeared when I tried to download some apps I was never able to find the program to delete it and When I use Troubleshooter, it does not appear microsoft visual C++ 2022 X86 Please help me...
  4. The older version of microsoft visual C++ 2022 X86 cannot be removed even with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The older version of microsoft visual C++ 2022 X86 cannot be removed even with...: This problem appeared when I tried to download some apps I was never able to find the program to delete it and When I use Troubleshooter, it does not appear microsoft visual C++ 2022 X86 Please help me...
  5. Is deleting a microsoft c++ file ok?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is deleting a microsoft c++ file ok?: I got a new laptop and I went to microsoft store. I saw that a microsoft c++ file failed to download. So I wanted to press the retry button but I pressed on the cancel button. I think the file contains a thing about 2015 or somthing. What should I do? submitted by...
  6. Deleted one of the Microsoft Visual C++

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Deleted one of the Microsoft Visual C++: Hi so i uninstalled one of the microsoft visual c++ before i read that the programs depending on it has the possibility to crash. But then, my subscription for microsoft offices expired a long time ago and im currently using the microsoft 365 from the microsoft stores. so i...
  7. can i delete the microsoft visual c++ old version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i delete the microsoft visual c++ old version: can i delete the microsoft visual c++ old version i have microsoft visual c++ 2008 3times diffrent version i like to here your answer please help with this...
  8. can't uninstall older Visual C++ versions without vc_red.msi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't uninstall older Visual C++ versions without vc_red.msi: I have some really old VC++ but unable to uninstall any of them saying vc_red.msi is missing. even though I have the VC_redist86 or 64.exe I run them, they do not generate the vc_red.msi in windows temp folder and when I installed one of the older VC on a test VMware OS, it...
  9. can't uninstall older Visual C++ versions without vc_red.msi

in Windows 10 Support
    can't uninstall older Visual C++ versions without vc_red.msi: I have some really old VC++ but unable to uninstall any of them saying vc_red.msi is missing. even though I have the VC_redist86 or 64.exe I run them, they do not generate the vc_red.msi in windows temp folder and when I installed one of the older VC on a test VMware OS, it...
  10. Can i delete older vesrion of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i delete older vesrion of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable?: So my PC has 22 Microsoft Visual C++ (2005-2008-2013-2017) Why does my PC have 22, Can I delete some of it? Like the older version? Or what happens when I delete one of the older versions? And does it affect my PC?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft visual c which is best version for old software