Windows 10: is it ok to use another app source code as a base for a new app?

Discus and support is it ok to use another app source code as a base for a new app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I found the source code of a app called SharpDevelop. is it ok if I take a peek at the source code to try to understand how it's built to make my own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SandyPlayz86, Jul 12, 2020.

1. is it ok to use another app source code as a base for a new app?

I found the source code of a app called SharpDevelop.

is it ok if I take a peek at the source code to try to understand how it's built to make my own program development ide?

or is it illegal to do so?

:)

SandyPlayz86, Jul 12, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

is it ok to use another app source code as a base for a new app? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Microsoft news app source code

I really like the news app that comes with windows 10. This app is so cool that I think its source code should be somewhere. If it is so, please tell me where can I find it

Giga Bokuchava, Jul 12, 2020
  4. is it ok to use another app source code as a base for a new app?

Add News sources?

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

To add new source in the News app follow the instructions provided below and check if it helps.

• Open News app.

• Click on interests or half star symbol.

• Click on Add an interest or + symbol.

• Enter the source URL from which you want to add and press Enter key.
    The source site shall be added in the News app.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

is it ok to use another app source code as a base for a new app?

1. is it ok to use another app source code as a base for a new app? - Similar Threads - another app source

2. change the source of the app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change the source of the app: trying to install an app that does not exist in the microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-source-of-the-app/cbc13da6-4d94-43a1-8e97-ea5dad4603d8
  3. change the source of the app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change the source of the app: trying to install an app that does not exist in the microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-source-of-the-app/cbc13da6-4d94-43a1-8e97-ea5dad4603d8
  4. My camera is in use by another app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My camera is in use by another app: I recently had to use the smart phone to join a Zoom call because my camera wouldn't work. I later tried to open the computer camera but got a message that the camera is being used by another app. How does one find out which app is using it and regain use of the camera?Error...
  5. Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.

Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.: Camera in use by another app... but it isn't. I cant get my camera to work because message says it's in use by another app. The only camera app I use is Zoom, but I don't have Zoom open....
  6. News App Sources

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    News App Sources: In the Microsoft News app, when I "Add Sources" it does not save. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-app-sources/1a670af9-cbef-49f6-9903-27dede0cf0a6"
  7. Delete MS account "used by another app"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete MS account "used by another app": I have on my laptop an MS account to which I no longer have access and no longer need. But I get constant notifications to update its settings so, of course, I want to delete it. However, there doesn't seem to be any way of doing this as, when you select it and click on...
  8. Camera being used by another app.

Camera being used by another app.: Want to use camera on laptop and reads that the camera is being used by another app that needs to be closed. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/camera-being-used-by-another-app/4529ad7b-4d3a-4cc6-9937-b5feb61d53e2
  9. MS Apps OK to Uninstall?

MS Apps OK to Uninstall?: Are there any (pre-installed) Microsoft Store apps that I should keep (i.e. might be *dangerous" if removed)? I realized some have the Uninstall button disabled in Settings - > Apps/Features. I guess I'll leave those. Of the rest, I don't really see anything that I think...
  10. Windows App Studio new REST API Data Source

in Windows 10 News
    Windows App Studio new REST API Data Source: There are two things we love most here on the Windows App Studio team: First, we love adding new features that increase the capabilities of the apps you can create. Second, we love when we can deliver on your requests. With that in mind, we’re quite excited about today’s...