Windows 10: is it okay to carry laptop in bag in sleep mode?

Discus and support is it okay to carry laptop in bag in sleep mode? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i have dell Inspiron 15 5502 11th generation i5 win10. can for some hours of air vents blockage in bag or laptop case can damage or create issue in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AshishSengar1, Feb 24, 2021.

1. is it okay to carry laptop in bag in sleep mode?

i have dell Inspiron 15 5502 11th generation i5 win10.

can for some hours of air vents blockage in bag or laptop case can damage or create issue in my laptop.

it is okay to put laptop in bag in sleep mode for hours and carry around .

:)

AshishSengar1, Feb 24, 2021
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

is it okay to carry laptop in bag in sleep mode? [​IMG]

Chadi, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Phillmont Win User

is it okay to carry laptop in bag in sleep mode?

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

is it okay to carry laptop in bag in sleep mode?

1. is it okay to carry laptop in bag in sleep mode? - Similar Threads - okay carry laptop

2. no sleep mode on laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no sleep mode on laptop: hi, this device doesn't have the sleep choice on power choices + it's settings doesn't show up on power options settings, It requires display adapter driver update but it automatically updates it to intelR graphics 4000 and this crushes the pc showing a blue screen error...
  3. no sleep mode on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sleep mode on laptop: hi, this device doesn't have the sleep choice on power choices + it's settings doesn't show up on power options settings, It requires display adapter driver update but it automatically updates it to intelR graphics 4000 and this crushes the pc showing a blue screen error...
  4. no sleep mode on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop in sleep mode: I am a college student and use my laptop everyday. I am constantly storing my laptop and taking it out of my backpack between classes. Is it ok to keep my laptop on sleep mode as I move between classes or should I power off? I have both an ssd and hhd so it doesn’t take very...
  6. Laptop in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop in sleep mode: I am a college student and use my laptop everyday. I am constantly storing my laptop and taking it out of my backpack between classes. Is it ok to keep my laptop on sleep mode as I move between classes or should I power off? I have both an ssd and hhd so it doesn’t take very...
  7. Laptop crashes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashes in sleep mode: Computer info:OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X421FQY_K413FQ Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date...
  8. Sleep mode not locking laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode not locking laptop?: When I hit 'sleep' mode on my keyboard or I press the power button on my laptop so it temporary locks, it doesn't actually locks/temporary shuts. It just makes the screen go black and you can 'unlock' the laptop just by pressing any key or moving the mouse. I'm pissed. What...
  9. HP laptop sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP laptop sleep mode: Hi - Just installed Win10 on my 4 yr old HP G60535D. Now I have have to re-boot everytime I shut the lid. *Shock Played around with power settings, etc etc but no love. When I first open the lid, I can hear the computer running, a slight mechanical burp of some sort, then...
  10. laptop turninig to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop turninig to sleep mode: I started using my laptop on my desk but without battery for longer battery life. from that point my laptop turns sleep mode in 5 minutes after last work, i have it set to never turn asleep at any circumstances, i think i checked all settings but i might be wrong. i want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it okay to sleep a laptop and putting it in a bag