Windows 10: Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder?

Discus and support Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've searched the internet a couple of times, but there aren't any definite answers- only that I shouldn't delete the 'Public' Folder, but it's okay to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnonymousUser2023, Oct 18, 2023.

1. Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder?

I've searched the internet a couple of times, but there aren't any definite answers- only that I shouldn't delete the 'Public' Folder, but it's okay to delete the Windows.old Folder. If the 'Public' Folder I want to delete is part of the Windows.old Folder, not the Windows Folder, is it okay for me to get rid of it, since Windows.old is basically the old version of my computer? I've also read that Windows.old will delete itself in Windows 11 after 28 days or something so....if the Public Folder is part of it, it should be fine, right?Sorry for the repetitiveness

:)

AnonymousUser2023, Oct 18, 2023

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 18, 2023
  3. RoboX Win User
    Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

I have the problem (from Windows 8) to delete the folders windows and programs on a secondary disk on which it was 7 .... know how to get full control to delete those folders?

RoboX, Oct 18, 2023
  4. Anusha Win User

Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder?

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 18, 2023
Thema:

Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder?

1. Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder? - Similar Threads - okay delete 'Public'

2. Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder?: I've searched the internet a couple of times, but there aren't any definite answers- only that I shouldn't delete the 'Public' Folder, but it's okay to delete the Windows.old Folder. If the 'Public' Folder I want to delete is part of the Windows.old Folder, not the Windows...
  3. Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?: I know this may sound like a really stupid question to ask, but is it safe to delete the temp folder? Just curious. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-okay-to-delete-the-temp-folder/6e23bbc1-b3f9-4207-a5fe-6170dd95cd96
  4. Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?: I know this may sound like a really stupid question to ask, but is it safe to delete the temp folder? Just curious. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-okay-to-delete-the-temp-folder/6e23bbc1-b3f9-4207-a5fe-6170dd95cd96
  5. Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting old windowsapps folder: For some reason I can't remember, I made a new WindowsApps folder on my D: drive, and now that I try to delete the previous windowsapps folder, I'm unable. I've tried changing ownership of the file to myself, everyone, system etc. and I am told that I need permission every...
  7. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting old windowsapps folder: For some reason I can't remember, I made a new WindowsApps folder on my D: drive, and now that I try to delete the previous windowsapps folder, I'm unable. I've tried changing ownership of the file to myself, everyone, system etc. and I am told that I need permission every...
  8. Old Windows folder delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Windows folder delete: I just installed win 10 . I have 2 more drives with Win7 OS( Windows folders) in them. I am trying to delete these folders in vain. I am logged in as administrator. Any ideas?...
  9. Cant delete windows old folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant delete windows old folder: I have a 20GB file on my desktop called windows old. It won’tlet me delete manually. I have tried disc clean up, clean system files but thePrevious Windows installation(s) does not appear. The location is C:\Users\Newsmall laptop\Desktop. The file was created on 30 ‎October...
  10. Can Windows (old) folder be deleted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can Windows (old) folder be deleted: Can the "Windows (old)" folder be deleted safely? I only have a 128g ssd for my operating system, and 25gig is being taken up by a folder called Windows (old) I would like to free up some space. 22791