Windows 10: Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?

Discus and support Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know this may sound like a really stupid question to ask, but is it safe to delete the temp folder? Just curious.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Howdenbrug, May 6, 2022.

1. Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?

I know this may sound like a really stupid question to ask, but is it safe to delete the temp folder? Just curious.

:)

Howdenbrug, May 6, 2022
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, May 6, 2022
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 6, 2022
  4. Ken Blake Win User

Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?

Is it safe to delete the Temp folder in C:/Windows/Temp?

Yes, all *files* in the temp folder (not the folder itself) can, and should be, deleted periodically.

The temp folder provides workspace for programs. Programs can create temporary files there for their own temporary use. Each program should delete all its temporary files when it closes, but for various reasons it doesn't always happen (for example,
    if the program crashes, it never gets to do this). That's why it's a good idea to periodically clean out anything left there.

Also note that there are some program installations which work in two steps. The first step concludes by writing temporary files and rebooting. The second step starts automatically after rebooting and needs to find those files there (and then deletes
    them when it's done).

Other than doing it automatically when rebooting (that would interfere with installations like the kind I described), it's always safe to delete the contents of the temp folder. Because it's safe to delete any temp files that aren't open and in use
    by an application, and since Windows won't let you delete open files, it's safe to (try to) delete them at any time. If any fail to delete because they're open, they'll either be deleted automatically when the app using them closes, or you'll get them the
    next time you delete manually.

Some people may suggest that you reboot before deleting anything, but that's not necessary, for the reason described above (on the other hand, it doesn't hurt to do it).

Ken Blake, May 6, 2022
Thema:

Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?

1. Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER? - Similar Threads - okay delete temp

2. Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder?: I've searched the internet a couple of times, but there aren't any definite answers- only that I shouldn't delete the 'Public' Folder, but it's okay to delete the Windows.old Folder. If the 'Public' Folder I want to delete is part of the Windows.old Folder, not the Windows...
  3. Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder?: I've searched the internet a couple of times, but there aren't any definite answers- only that I shouldn't delete the 'Public' Folder, but it's okay to delete the Windows.old Folder. If the 'Public' Folder I want to delete is part of the Windows.old Folder, not the Windows...
  4. Was is okay to delete it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Was is okay to delete it?: Okay..so i deleted roblox and i was checking c drive and i stumbled across a folder titled "roblox" in c/programfiles×86..i deleted it perm without thinking much but it was asking for admin permission..now im scared if something will happen to my pc..what will happen next?is...
  5. Was is okay to delete it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Was is okay to delete it?: Okay..so i deleted roblox and i was checking c drive and i stumbled across a folder titled "roblox" in c/programfiles×86..i deleted it perm without thinking much but it was asking for admin permission..now im scared if something will happen to my pc..what will happen next?is...
  6. Was is okay to delete it?

7. Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?: I know this may sound like a really stupid question to ask, but is it safe to delete the temp folder? Just curious. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-okay-to-delete-the-temp-folder/6e23bbc1-b3f9-4207-a5fe-6170dd95cd96
  8. Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?

Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?: I know this may sound like a really stupid question to ask, but is it safe to delete the temp folder? Just curious. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-okay-to-delete-the-temp-folder/6e23bbc1-b3f9-4207-a5fe-6170dd95cd96
  9. Is it safe to delete temp folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it safe to delete temp folders: hey i was wondering. I s found my temp fold by typing in the run search box and typed in"temp" This is NOT the%temp% folder found in app data. Is it safe to delete these folders?[ATTACH]...
  10. Is it okay to delete this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it okay to delete this?: [ATTACH] So, I want to delete "jogja" Users profile. But the problem is, All software that has been installed, were from there, from that profile when I logged in as "jogja" Now, I made another administrator user named "EL" that I can use the software that previously...