Windows 10: IS it okay to do a recovery drive de-frag. process?

Discus and support IS it okay to do a recovery drive de-frag. process? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; IS it okay to do a recovery drive de-frag. process?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by {venuRayala}, Sep 16, 2020.

1. IS it okay to do a recovery drive de-frag. process?

IS it okay to do a recovery drive de-frag. process?

:)

{venuRayala}, Sep 16, 2020

2. IS it okay to do a recovery drive de-frag. process?

IS it okay to do a recovery drive de-frag. process? ........
    IS it okay to do a recovery drive de-frag. process? 4f3cf7de-d923-4860-b150-7db7ae3ee053?upload=true.png

{venuRayala}, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Create a Recovery Drive?

Hi Kaspaz,

Let us first check the recovery drive creation process that you have done. Below is a step by step process of creating a recovery drive:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive
      is selected and then select Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create.
      A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC
      link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

If you have done the same steps above and the rest of your file is still not showing.
    Please post back some details:

• Which drive are you referring to?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    • Besides creating a recovery drive, have you done any other changes on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your USB hard drive device?
    • Have you tried plugging it on another port?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer? To know these details, follow the steps below:
      • Select the Start button.
      • Type About your PC.
      • Press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if your concern was left unresolved, kindly get back to us with the answers to our inquiry, so that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. IS it okay to do a recovery drive de-frag. process? - Similar Threads - okay recovery drive

2. What background processes are okay to close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What background processes are okay to close: I have over 100 background processes and 95% I have no idea what they are so I would like to know what settings to change or what tasks are okay to close. I found a solution which is a clean boot but I am suspicious because I am disabling every service that isn't Microsoft...
  3. What background processes are okay to close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What background processes are okay to close: I have over 100 background processes and 95% I have no idea what they are so I would like to know what settings to change or what tasks are okay to close. I found a solution which is a clean boot but I am suspicious because I am disabling every service that isn't Microsoft...
  4. Create recovery drive process is not finding USB thumb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create recovery drive process is not finding USB thumb drive: I'm attempting to create a recovery drive, following the instructions here. This process has worked fine until my most recent attempt earlier this week.If I leave the 'Back up system files to the recovery drive' box checked, the process does not detect my thumb drive, only my...
  5. Create recovery drive process is not finding USB thumb drive

Create recovery drive process is not finding USB thumb drive: I'm attempting to create a recovery drive, following the instructions here. This process has worked fine until my most recent attempt earlier this week.If I leave the 'Back up system files to the recovery drive' box checked, the process does not detect my thumb drive, only my...
  6. How do I de-frag my desktop on Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I de-frag my desktop on Windows 10 ?: How do I de-frag my desktop on Windows 10 ?thanks for any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-de-frag-my-desktop-on-windows-10/e6bf481f-42c4-422b-ab01-cdec7046c6a7
  7. How do I de-frag my desktop on Windows 10 ?

How do I de-frag my desktop on Windows 10 ?: How do I de-frag my desktop on Windows 10 ?thanks for any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-de-frag-my-desktop-on-windows-10/e6bf481f-42c4-422b-ab01-cdec7046c6a7
  8. How do I de-frag my desktop on Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. IS it okay to do a recovery drive de-frag. process?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IS it okay to do a recovery drive de-frag. process?: IS it okay to do a recovery drive de-frag. process? ........[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-okay-to-do-a-recovery-drive-de-frag-process/46284421-6713-4bd0-be42-643eaf54e78d
  10. *URGENT* Error In Recovery Drive Creation Process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    *URGENT* Error In Recovery Drive Creation Process: Whenever I try to use Recovery Media Creator It detects USB neatly, and it even starts to copy files but after some time I get the following error as shown in the image. What is the reason and how to fix it? There are no available fixes on the internet?[ATTACH] Even there is...