Windows 10: Is it okay to downgrade bios of a windows laptop? Anyone with experience?

Discus and support Is it okay to downgrade bios of a windows laptop? Anyone with experience? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have this issue on my laptop. Whenever windows boots up, a key in keyboard is registered as pressed(mostly PgUp). Goes away once I press another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ajox707, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Is it okay to downgrade bios of a windows laptop? Anyone with experience?

So I have this issue on my laptop. Whenever windows boots up, a key in keyboard is registered as pressed(mostly PgUp). Goes away once I press another key in the keyboard. I don't think this is a hardware issue as the problem only goes away when I click a key after the windows boots up, meaning that in the login screen I can't type anything (because PgUp is pressed) so I use a virtual keyboard there. So I've decided to try downgrading my bios becuase I think the problem came after I updated bios. Many say that its dangerous but some say its not a problem. Anyone with experience?

submitted by /u/ajox707
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ajox707, Dec 25, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 25, 2020
  3. MGB
    MGB Win User
    Downgrade Acer Laptop BIOS

Hey Guys!
    A few weeks ago I updated my BIOS of acer Aspire E1-572G to the latest version 2.17.
    Since then my laptop has had many problems and now I would like to downgrade to an older version.
    The problem is that acer uses a utility called "InsydeFlash", this utility has a BIOS version checker and won't let me downgrade due to that it shows an error "BIOS version compare error".
    Now many people found a solution to this by editing the platform.ini file and disabling BIOS version check by placing 0 in place of 1 in its flag like this :
    flag=1 to flag=0
    The problem is that in my case its already set to 0 and even then shows me the same error *Sad
    Please tell me any possible way I can downgrade my BIOS :/
    Any help would be appreciated!

4. Is it okay to downgrade bios of a windows laptop? Anyone with experience?

bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Is it okay to downgrade bios of a windows laptop? Anyone with experience?

1. Is it okay to downgrade bios of a windows laptop? Anyone with experience? - Similar Threads - okay downgrade bios

2. Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade: Hi, After I was prompted to update my Windows 11 BIOS, the bitlocker screen came on and locked me from accessing my computer claiming that the recovery key was incorrect. Appreciate it if anyone out there have a better suggestion? I tried to downgrade the BIOS but my notebook...
  3. Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade: Hi, After I was prompted to update my Windows 11 BIOS, the bitlocker screen came on and locked me from accessing my computer claiming that the recovery key was incorrect. Appreciate it if anyone out there have a better suggestion? I tried to downgrade the BIOS but my notebook...
  4. Downgrade Bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade Bios: What will happen if i downgrade my ASUS laptop BIOS to the previous version?Is it harmful ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-bios/3b34a481-e0ab-4e12-a2f4-5a3357e5ddeb
  5. downgrade my bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    downgrade my bios: i am an win 10 user i want to download and install an old version of bios my current bios version is F.28 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-my-bios/55490a37-fab9-4da2-967f-276b35b23408
  6. downgrade my bios

downgrade my bios: i am an win 10 user i want to download and install an old version of bios my current bios version is F.28 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-my-bios/0f1c743d-4dfc-4b65-a352-4e88fc9b8ceb
  7. Downgrading My Bios

Downgrading My Bios: I Have An Windows 10 Pro Desktop I Cant Find Some Important Settings In My Current Bios Version F.28, So I Want To Downgrade My Bios To And Old Version So kindly Help Me...
  8. Anyone else experience these bugs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else experience these bugs?: I get three frequent bugs with Windows 10. -Certain windows lag when I close them. The taskbar lags sometimes when it hides/unhides. -Sometimes a window will overlap the taskbar when maximized. I have to press the windows key to get it to show up again. -Taskbar icons will...
  9. Okay anyone tried this?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Okay anyone tried this?: I have a laptop which came with Win 8 on it. I used it for a couple months, but absolutely could not stand Win 8. I purchased Win 7 and installed on the laptop instead. I picked up another SSD to install Win 8 back on it. What I'm wondering is after upgrading the Win8 would I...
  10. Downgrade Acer Laptop BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Downgrade Acer Laptop BIOS: Hey Guys! A few weeks ago I updated my BIOS of acer Aspire E1-572G to the latest version 2.17. Since then my laptop has had many problems and now I would like to downgrade to an older version. The problem is that acer uses a utility called "InsydeFlash", this utility has a...