Windows 10: is it okay to leave battery plugged in all time?

Discus and support is it okay to leave battery plugged in all time? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; CAn I leave my laptop always plugged in? Is it okay for the laptop and battery? submitted by /u/itsme_shibintmz [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itsme_shibintmz, May 4, 2020.

1. is it okay to leave battery plugged in all time?

CAn I leave my laptop always plugged in? Is it okay for the laptop and battery?

submitted by /u/itsme_shibintmz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/itsme_shibintmz, May 4, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Will leaving a laptop plugged in kill the battery?

I have a laptop (Compaq/HP Pesario C500) and I am running WCG on it. The battery can drain quite quickly, so I would like to leave it plugged in so it can crunch while I'm not there to attend to it. I was wondering if leaving it plugged in would kill the battery? Deminish it's ability to hold a charge? Maybe even cause problems like fire like the sony batteries did?

3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

is it okay to leave battery plugged in all time? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 4, 2020
  4. niko084 Win User

is it okay to leave battery plugged in all time?

Will leaving a laptop plugged in kill the battery?

It will lessen the life span, the notebook will run a bit warmer and the power supply stands a chance of burning out.

I have seen many friend charger boards on older dells due to people doing this and many dead chargers due to people using them plugged in with the battery in all the time, not to mention toasted batteries withing 6-12 months of new.

If it's plugged in for a long time, remove the battery or run it off the battery until it's dead and plug it in. Don't do both.

NiMH are the worst for this, Li-Ions are much better but still far from perfect.

niko084, May 4, 2020
Thema:

is it okay to leave battery plugged in all time?

1. is it okay to leave battery plugged in all time? - Similar Threads - okay leave battery

2. is it okay to plug your laptop overnight?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is it okay to plug your laptop overnight?: i want to afk grind on my game, so i want to leave it overnight. is it okay?, or its gonna shortened my battery life? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-okay-to-plug-your-laptop-overnight/0e893bd1-36dc-44af-a99c-3aaf265a1d5b
  3. Is It Safe to Leave WiFi Hotspot On All the Time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is It Safe to Leave WiFi Hotspot On All the Time: Hey, I just found out I could make my PC a WiFi hotspot, which is WONDERFUL as the WiFi signal in this part of the house is terrible and my PC is hard-wired. That said, I noticed that it has to be turned on every time the PC is started. Is that because it's not safe to just...
  4. Is it okay to keep my external SSD plugged into my PC all the time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it okay to keep my external SSD plugged into my PC all the time?: I only use my external ssd for storing games. Whenever I try to eject it, it says some other programs are running that are using the device. Even if I close those programs, or if I sign out of my PC then immediately eject, it also doesn't work. So I just keep it plugged into...
  5. Okay to leave EFI partition on External HD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Okay to leave EFI partition on External HD?: Hello. I am moving over from MacOS to a Windows machine. I have 3 external HD's. I formatted them from the Mac APFS fomat over to the windows NTFS format. I noticed when looking at disk management, each external drive has a 200mb EFI partition. I believe disk utility puts an...
  6. Leave Programs and Apps running all the time?

Leave Programs and Apps running all the time?: Hello: I have always closed all programs I am using when I leave my computer That goes for Home or work. I leave the Computer on 24/7 at both places. I just wondered If I need to keep doing this or if it is really OK now days to just leave the programs I use running...
  7. Battery plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery plugged in, not charging: I have my USB-C charging cable plugged into the charging port of my laptop. However, the batter icon on my bottom right says (when I moused over it) "5% available (plugged in, not charging). Can't solve this issue. Anyone with solution ? I am on Window 10 Pro, ThinkPad X1...
  8. Battery vs Plugged In

Battery vs Plugged In: I keep getting Plugged In or On battery warnings on my screen, even though the laptop is plugged in, and there does not seem to be any way of getting it to stop, it just seems to come on randomly, an idea how to stop this...
  9. battery plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery plugged in not charging: My battery won't charge. Says plugged in not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/battery-plugged-in-not-charging/88e70d57-e863-4a95-8925-9bf98ee0aa69
  10. Plugged in but battery not charaging

Plugged in but battery not charaging: When laptop not plugged in cannot turn on. When it is plugged in the battery isn't charging, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/plugged-in-but-battery-not-charaging/800297a6-f5c6-4aa5-aa4d-72927bee7792