Windows 10: is it okay to migrate windows 10 onto an ssd if i've already installed applications onto...

Discus and support is it okay to migrate windows 10 onto an ssd if i've already installed applications onto... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i've recently bought a 1TB nvme ssd and was only planning on downloading games on it. but after a while people told me that moving the entire OS onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/crumplyrogue, Jun 27, 2020.

1. is it okay to migrate windows 10 onto an ssd if i've already installed applications onto...

i've recently bought a 1TB nvme ssd and was only planning on downloading games on it. but after a while people told me that moving the entire OS onto the ssd would speed up boot times not only for the PC, but for applications as well. thing is i've already installed a few things on my ssd and was wondering if i could still move windows on it or will i have to remove everything on the ssd first before i start migrating anything. thanks.

submitted by /u/crumplyrogue
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/crumplyrogue, Jun 27, 2020
  2. chirpas Win User

Fresh installation of windows 10 onto SSD

I've recently bought a laptop which came with the OS installed on the HDD. However, I've bought a M.2 SSD that I want to load the operating system onto and boot from.

I've tried cloning the hard drive to the SSD to fresh installing windows 10 onto the SSD except neither works. When I tried cloning the HDD, the files appeared on the SSD, but in the BIOS settings it wasn't recognized as a bootable drive. On the other hand,
    when I tried to do a fresh install of the OS onto the SSD, it automatically re-installed on the HDD without giving me an option.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

chirpas, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Installing Additional SSD & Want To Move Windows 10 (pro) Onto It

Ok it's installing Windows 10 onto the new installed SSD now. I've unplugged the other SSD that had the OS on it.

JasonMorley1874, Jun 27, 2020
  4. KPF__ Win User

is it okay to migrate windows 10 onto an ssd if i've already installed applications onto...

Install windows 10 onto new SSD

How do I install a full version of Windows 10 (flash drive) onto a new Samsung SSD; the motherboard is a ASRock 970 Extreme4?

KPF__, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

is it okay to migrate windows 10 onto an ssd if i've already installed applications onto...

1. is it okay to migrate windows 10 onto an ssd if i've already installed applications onto... - Similar Threads - okay migrate onto

2. Comatose Windows 11 Install onto an SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comatose Windows 11 Install onto an SSD: I am trying to install Windows 11 22H2 onto a just unboxed Kingston SSD, from a flash drive, old system drive being physically disconnected. Only the second drive, that I use for storage, is left in the system. However, Windows did not even offer me that HDD as an...
  3. Comatose Windows 11 Install onto an SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Comatose Windows 11 Install onto an SSD: I am trying to install Windows 11 22H2 onto a just unboxed Kingston SSD, from a flash drive, old system drive being physically disconnected. Only the second drive, that I use for storage, is left in the system. However, Windows did not even offer me that HDD as an...
  4. How to properly install windows onto an SSD?

How to properly install windows onto an SSD?: My PC has two drives, and HDD and SSD, and boots from the HDD.So far, I have downloaded the Windows 10 installation media onto a flashdrive. I haven't installed it there. I moved the exe to the SSD and ran it there, where I presumed windows downloaded. My PC restarted. I went...
  5. Installing Windows10 onto new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows10 onto new SSD: I recently built a new PC, and used the SSD from my prior build in this one so I had Windows and didn't lose any files. I have another PC fully built, but no operation system installed on the brand new SSD for it. Do I NEED to download the ISO files onto a USB Drive and...
  6. Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10: I have a windows 10 home pc with the OS on the SSD and the data on an HDD. Having problems with the Windows operation and want to install a new edition on to the SSD. Do I need to format the SSD before the install? OS won’t let me create a recovery DISC or flash drive.PC is...
  7. Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10

Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10: I have a windows 10 home pc with the OS on the SSD and the data on an HDD. Having problems with the Windows operation and want to install a new edition on to the SSD. Do I need to format the SSD before the install? OS won’t let me create a recovery DISC or flash drive.PC is...
  8. Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Installing Windows onto an external SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows onto an external SSD?: So, Windows 11 builds are coming, we all know that. I'm wondering if there is a way to clean install Windows (can't imagine the process would be any different for Win11 than Win10) onto a 2.5inch SATA SSD in an external USB box. Why? Because I don't want to sacrifice my...
  10. Reinstall windows 10 onto ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall windows 10 onto ssd: So i got a 1tb ssd and was wondering how i set it up and install windows onto it. Right now i use a 1tb hard drive with windows and all of my stuff on it. How do i install windows onto my SSD? Do i install windows 10 onto a flash drive and use it as my boot device? Or do i...