Windows 10: Is it okay to skip a Microsoft update to jump to the next one?

Discus and support Is it okay to skip a Microsoft update to jump to the next one? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10, version 20H1. This laptop was under repair for a couple of months, hence the outdated version. So, I encountered problems updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ratna Abhinav, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Is it okay to skip a Microsoft update to jump to the next one?

I'm on Windows 10, version 20H1. This laptop was under repair for a couple of months, hence the outdated version. So, I encountered problems updating to 20H2, and I've tried many fixes but none of them worked. Currently, I'm downloading version 21H1 from Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant. I've skipped the 20H2 update, so is that okay or do I need to download 20H2 too?P.S. : The error I get while downloading from Windows Update in Settings is 0x80070002dThank you!

:)

Ratna Abhinav, Aug 5, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Totig Win User
    Music skipping/jumping for certain songs

Hi, I have noticed that certain songs when you unpause them they seem to skip and jump for about 2-3 seconds before continuing to play as normal. Most songs continue to play just fine however. I still need to determine what the difference is between
    these songs, etc. Has anyone else noticed this with certain songs?

Totig, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

Is it okay to skip a Microsoft update to jump to the next one?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Is it okay to skip a Microsoft update to jump to the next one?

1. Is it okay to skip a Microsoft update to jump to the next one? - Similar Threads - okay skip Microsoft

2. Okay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Okay: Here's what I've been trying to say. A very long time ago, about a month ago, I was working on a story, when I hit a combination on the right of my keyboard that involved the following buttons-"ALT, FN, Lists, and CRTL." It then took an appearance very similarily to Microsoft...
  3. Okay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Okay: Here's what I've been trying to say. A very long time ago, about a month ago, I was working on a story, when I hit a combination on the right of my keyboard that involved the following buttons-"ALT, FN, Lists, and CRTL." It then took an appearance very similarily to Microsoft...
  4. Seeking Advice Skipping 2004, Jumping to 20H2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Seeking Advice Skipping 2004, Jumping to 20H2: Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.1139 Howdy Folks *Smile With all the Cumulative Update and 2004 Feature update issues I've been holding at 1909. I'm on "Pause" now and have my Group Policy Windows Update Setting at #3 - "Download and Notify for Install". Additionally,...
  5. EMAIL client intermittent - Blanks out text of all email content one day, okay the next.

EMAIL client intermittent - Blanks out text of all email content one day, okay the next.: Win10 blanks the email content. Some days, it works - other days it doesn't. I used WinXP for years and years with OUTLOOK Express and was happy. I got "shamed" into buying this WIN10 and while I like the quick bootup, the operation of the features is more cumbersome and as...
  6. Can no longer jump to the next photo with the photos app

Can no longer jump to the next photo with the photos app: Hello! I work a lot with photos. If you have a folder full of photos, you normally can open a photo with the photos app and then go through all the photos contained in that folder by swiping or clicking or using the arrow keys. Yesterday I got the 2004 update, and since...
  7. is my one drive okay now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is my one drive okay now: I would like to know if my new password can now be used on my Microsoft one drive and if everything is okay now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-my-one-drive-okay-now/1d51dddf-4ed9-498e-881f-7ad0f8d1d58b
  8. Windows updates - is it possible to skip one or more?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates - is it possible to skip one or more?: With the way I use a computer, the latest Windows 10 update appears to contain changes/improvements that are not relevant to me. I'd like to skip the update altogether - and possibly reverse/delete other updates I've already installed. Please note that I already know how...
  9. Okay to skip older Feature updates and just install the latest?

Okay to skip older Feature updates and just install the latest?: Hi, Just recovered to an older clean image of my laptop. The issue is the version of Windows 10 (Home) is a couple years old. Am wondering if it is possible to skip the interim feature updates (eg. 1803, 1809) and just download and install the latest 1903? Or is it...
  10. SKIP AHEAD TO NEXT WINDOW RELEASE

SKIP AHEAD TO NEXT WINDOW RELEASE: When I select this option it, automatically reverted. My Question is When SKIP AHEAD TO WINDOW RELEASE will OPEN, because now it's closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/skip-ahead-to-next-window-release/660431cb-4fa0-49bc-9ba4-55279ee282d3