Windows 10: Is it posible to rearrange windows of the same program on the taskbar?

Discus and support Is it posible to rearrange windows of the same program on the taskbar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For example, I open Folder A with file explorer. Then I open Folder B. Now I have two file explorer windows, the one I opened first, Folder A, is on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/justafaceaccount, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Is it posible to rearrange windows of the same program on the taskbar?

For example, I open Folder A with file explorer. Then I open Folder B. Now I have two file explorer windows, the one I opened first, Folder A, is on the left, the second, Folder B, on the right. Is it possible to move them so Folder B is on the left?

I've seen third party tools that seem to contain this feature, along with other tweaks, but it seems like something that you should be able to do natively.

submitted by /u/justafaceaccount
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/justafaceaccount, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Remove (open) programs from taskbar

Tried Xneat, and it wasn't exactly that.. You could mostly rearrange and make the taskbar transparent. I think newtekie is right that ultramon is the best way to go.

Frick, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 12, 2020
  4. K_B
    k_b Win User

Is it posible to rearrange windows of the same program on the taskbar?

How do I rearrange pinned taskbar items?

Unfortunately many folks are confusing pinned task bar items, pinned jump list items off the task bar, and quick access lists in explorer, and thus, giving irrelevant answers.

The original question pertains to pinned jump list items off the task bar. Quick access and jump lists are independent of one another, therefore rearranging quick access items/lists does not affect jump lists, nor vice-versa.

To the OP, there is indeed currently no way to rearrange jump list items without unpinning all and re-pinning in the order you prefer. MS's decision to disable drag-and-drop functionality here is curious. And annoying for many users. I personally don't use the quick access feature (formerly known as favorites), as I dislike the extra steps to open explorer and having another window to close. Jump lists are more efficient to many users' workflow. Removing drag-and-drop functionality diminished their usefulness, IMHO. 'Hoping MS returns this functionality to Win10 in the near future via updates.

Here's an article that is more on point:

http://www.addictivetips.com/window...tems-on-the-taskbar-jump-lists-in-windows-10/

Thema:

Is it posible to rearrange windows of the same program on the taskbar?

1. Is it posible to rearrange windows of the same program on the taskbar? - Similar Threads - posible rearrange same

2. Programs have the same icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs have the same icon in the taskbar: Some of my programs have the same icon in the hotbar. This started today from out of no where. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-have-the-same-icon-in-the-taskbar/6b84fa23-d9f0-410a-9458-870f708c226b
  3. Programs have the same icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs have the same icon in the taskbar: Some of my programs have the same icon in the hotbar. This started today from out of no where. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-have-the-same-icon-in-the-taskbar/6b84fa23-d9f0-410a-9458-870f708c226b
  4. Programs have the same icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar: Taskbar icons are rearranged by Windows monthly updates. I had them in the alignment I wished. I find instructions only for moving the taskbar, which I want to keep on the bottom where it has always been. I wish just to rearrange the icons as we can do with desktop tile...
  6. how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar

how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar: Taskbar icons are rearranged by Windows monthly updates. I had them in the alignment I wished. I find instructions only for moving the taskbar, which I want to keep on the bottom where it has always been. I wish just to rearrange the icons as we can do with desktop tile...
  7. programs have the same taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs have the same taskbar icons: Some taskbar program icons are not showing; how can I fix this issue?.these are different programs from different publishers e.g., Firefox, Adobe Cloud, GeForce Nvidia, etc....
  8. programs have the same taskbar icons

programs have the same taskbar icons: Some taskbar program icons are not showing; how can I fix this issue?.these are different programs from different publishers e.g., Firefox, Adobe Cloud, GeForce Nvidia, etc....
  9. Is there a way to reorder windows of the same program on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to reorder windows of the same program on the taskbar?: For example, I have four different windows for chrome. Is there a way to reorder them on the taskbar or am I stuck? I know about Taskbar Tweaker, but is there a built-in option? submitted by /u/ballsackcancer [link] [comments]...
  10. windows 10 rearranges taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 rearranges taskbar icons: In the middle of my day, or just at random times, my taskbar icons open applications, not pinned will all of a sudden move around and rearrange themselves. How do I prevent this? I am on Windows 10 Pro 1909, 18363.720. Below are my settings. [ATTACH]...