Windows 10: is it possibe to avoid losing programs after a reset on windows 10?

Discus and support is it possibe to avoid losing programs after a reset on windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i'm just about to buy a new laptop and this problem has happened to me a lot of times over the years using computers. i know about backing up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fu530, Oct 26, 2018.

1. fu530 Win User

is it possibe to avoid losing programs after a reset on windows 10?

i'm just about to buy a new laptop and this problem has happened to me a lot of times over the years using computers. i know about backing up and suchlike. but is there some way to have the os on its own drive so that if you were to reinstall or reset you wouldn't lose everything.

i know things are getting better and we now don't lose files but what i want to know is ... is there a way to reset only the os. perhaps by keeping program files on a different partition or even a separate external hdd. or maybe even on online storage.

i guess i want all my programes and folders where i left them AFTER a reinstall or at the least a reset.

thanks in advance

:)

fu530, Oct 26, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

1. is it possibe to avoid losing programs after a reset on windows 10? - Similar Threads - possibe avoid losing

2. Reset Windows 10 without losing apps and programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows 10 without losing apps and programs: I’ve lost access to login as admin. Is it possible to reset without losing files, apps and programs to regain login to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-windows-10-without-losing-apps-and-programs/f390f88b-3c20-4ec9-9c09-311662844949
  3. Reset Windows 10 without losing apps and programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Windows 10 without losing apps and programs: I’ve lost access to login as admin. Is it possible to reset without losing files, apps and programs to regain login to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-windows-10-without-losing-apps-and-programs/f390f88b-3c20-4ec9-9c09-311662844949
  4. Reset Windows 10 without losing apps and programs

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 avoid programs getting uninstalled automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 avoid programs getting uninstalled automatically: Hi All,I am facing a strange issue, I am installing NodeJS 9.x version in my laptopdue to software requirement i cant install the later version of this programhttps://nodejs.org/download/release/v9.11.1/I had seen this sort of concern raised in the past by others, but it was...
  6. Windows 10 avoid programs getting uninstalled automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 avoid programs getting uninstalled automatically: Hi All,I am facing a strange issue, I am installing NodeJS 9.x version in my laptopdue to software requirement i cant install the later version of this programhttps://nodejs.org/download/release/v9.11.1/I had seen this sort of concern raised in the past by others, but it was...
  7. Windows 10 avoid programs getting uninstalled automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 pop up on an update to avoid losing support.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pop up on an update to avoid losing support.: just had a pop up telling me to allow an update to a new version of windows 10 as support for the April, 2018 version ends in November 2019. Is that true? Is it Microsoft? Sounds strange....
  9. Reset Windows 10 lose Programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows 10 lose Programs: Hello, I was after the last downloads from MS for my Windows 10 - So thinking I could do this, I use the reset to another date - no help there. So I use the reset to factory settings - forgot that this computer was first Windows 7 - Well, the reset did not go to win 7, it...
  10. Reset Windows 10 lose Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset Windows 10 lose Programs: Hello, I was after the last downloads from MS for my Windows 10 - So thinking I could do this, I use the reset to another date - no help there. So I use the reset to factory settings - forgot that this computer was first Windows 7 - Well, the reset did not go to win 7, it...