Windows 10: is it possibe to avoid losing programs after a reset on windows 10?

Discus and support is it possibe to avoid losing programs after a reset on windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i'm just about to buy a new laptop and this problem has happened to me a lot of times over the years using computers. i know about backing up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fu530, Oct 26, 2018.

1. fu530 Win User

is it possibe to avoid losing programs after a reset on windows 10?

i'm just about to buy a new laptop and this problem has happened to me a lot of times over the years using computers. i know about backing up and suchlike. but is there some way to have the os on its own drive so that if you were to reinstall or reset you wouldn't lose everything.

i know things are getting better and we now don't lose files but what i want to know is ... is there a way to reset only the os. perhaps by keeping program files on a different partition or even a separate external hdd. or maybe even on online storage.

i guess i want all my programes and folders where i left them AFTER a reinstall or at the least a reset.

thanks in advance

:)

fu530, Oct 26, 2018
  2. smartali89 Win User

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

1. is it possibe to avoid losing programs after a reset on windows 10? - Similar Threads - possibe avoid losing

2. Install English Win10 Over Japanese Win10 - Way to Avoid Losing Apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Install English Win10 Over Japanese Win10 - Way to Avoid Losing Apps?: Hi, Received a nice super light and quick Panasonic Japanese market laptop (CF-SV7) with Win 10 Pro on it the other day. I am in USA, speak and write English, not Japanese. Language settings are now changed to English. Overall, looks OK now. However, there are still some...
  3. program not working after resetting win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program not working after resetting win 10: Hello, I recently had to do a reset of windows 10 on my system when it wasn't letting me do updates anymore. before this I was able to use my program with no problem but after words it gave me the following error box. the program is Living cookbook 2015 by Radium...
  4. Reset Windows 10 lose Programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows 10 lose Programs: Hello, I was after the last downloads from MS for my Windows 10 - So thinking I could do this, I use the reset to another date - no help there. So I use the reset to factory settings - forgot that this computer was first Windows 7 - Well, the reset did not go to win 7, it...
  5. Reset Windows 10 lose Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset Windows 10 lose Programs: Hello, I was after the last downloads from MS for my Windows 10 - So thinking I could do this, I use the reset to another date - no help there. So I use the reset to factory settings - forgot that this computer was first Windows 7 - Well, the reset did not go to win 7, it...
  6. Windows 10 & Avoiding Crapware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 & Avoiding Crapware: In a recent ZDNet article "Avoid Windows 10 crapware: How to get rid of Candy Crush and all the rest," the author, Ed Bott, states that there are two options for avoiding crapware. At present, I sign in on my PC with my personal Outlook.com credentials. My Office 365...
  7. Windows 10 loses customisations after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 loses customisations after reboot: Hi fellow Win 10 users My wife and I both have exactly the same computer - HP Touchsmart 620 - upgraded from Win 7. Our preferences include hiding the Language/Keyboard icon by customising the Taskbar & Start Menu options, and also turning off the touch screen function which...
  8. Programs Not Responding repeatedly even after resetting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs Not Responding repeatedly even after resetting Windows 10: My 3-year old Windows 10 Home laptop is repeatedly unresponsive. The open programs will display "Not responding" for 1-2 minutes, then works for a few seconds before the cycle repeats. I've done everything I can think of to try to fix this (full list of what I've done is...
  9. Resetting Windows 10 and not losing my free upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Resetting Windows 10 and not losing my free upgrade: So the time has come when the wonderful Windows 10 came to it's money taking period. However, I updated to windows 10 using the free upgrade available on pre-July 29. Now, if I reset it to factory settings, will I still have Windows 10 activated? Or will I have to buy it?...
  10. How to factory reset without losing windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to factory reset without losing windows 10?: I have factory reset once before with windows 10 and it let me keep windows 10 when I did it. But now I want to do it again but it is showing me a notice that if i reset, I will go back to windows 7. Is there a way I can factory reset my pc while still keeping windows 10?...