Windows 10: is it possible 2 encrypt an 'active' drive that other apps need acces

Discus and support is it possible 2 encrypt an 'active' drive that other apps need acces in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have : Core i5 v3 12GB DDR3 RAM Gigabyte Mobo H71M-D3H Giagbyte GTZ 650 OC 1 x 250GB Samsung EVO 860 system drive 1 x 2TB 7200rpm - storage 1 x 500GB... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by snadge, Jan 24, 2020.

1. snadge Win User

is it possible 2 encrypt an 'active' drive that other apps need acces

I have :
    Core i5 v3
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    Gigabyte Mobo H71M-D3H
    Giagbyte GTZ 650 OC
    1 x 250GB Samsung EVO 860 system drive
    1 x 2TB 7200rpm - storage
    1 x 500GB 7200RPM - storage
    1 x Mobile 500GB 5400RPM drive - storage

i I woulike to ecrypt my downloads folder in the 2Tb storage , or the whole drive while apps can still write and read from this drive...

is it possible?

thanks

:)

snadge, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Sean8 Win User

activate acc

When my computer boots up says press 4 to activate acc, whats that mean?

Sean8, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 24, 2020
  4. is it possible 2 encrypt an 'active' drive that other apps need acces

sneekypeet, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

is it possible 2 encrypt an 'active' drive that other apps need acces

1. is it possible 2 encrypt an 'active' drive that other apps need acces - Similar Threads - possible encrypt 'active'

2. Is it any possibility to clone BitLocker Encrypted Drive with Windows OS ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it any possibility to clone BitLocker Encrypted Drive with Windows OS ?: I would like to clone my ssd drive.The drive is encrypted by Windows OS Bitlocker. However, my assumption is to not use decryption before cloning. I would like to avoid decryption and encryption operations.Does exist any tool to clone ssd drives this way ?...
  3. Is it any possibility to clone BitLocker Encrypted Drive with Windows OS ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it any possibility to clone BitLocker Encrypted Drive with Windows OS ?: I would like to clone my ssd drive.The drive is encrypted by Windows OS Bitlocker. However, my assumption is to not use decryption before cloning. I would like to avoid decryption and encryption operations.Does exist any tool to clone ssd drives this way ?...
  4. cant acces C drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant acces C drive: bitdefender wont synch if admin priviledge not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-acces-c-drive/fe406615-35eb-40b8-b77d-d8216df1b3e3
  5. Two copies of Windows and other apps on 2 physical drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Two copies of Windows and other apps on 2 physical drives: My desktop PC has 2 physical drives, C and D (which is from a previous PC). Both drives have Windows folders with hundreds/thousands of files in them......looking like complete copies of Windows. Couple of questions: 1. Which "one" of my Windows is actually booting up when...
  6. Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices: I'm unable to activate a W10 pro key on my notebook (error code 0xc004c008) and I think this is due to my microsoft account being linked to my main PC aswell as my notebook. Can I somehow change my microsoft acc on my notebook ? The windows copy for my notebook is a different...
  7. Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices: I'm unable to activate a W10 pro key on my notebook (error code 0xc004c008) and I think this is due to my microsoft account being linked to my main PC aswell as my notebook. Can I somehow change my microsoft acc on my notebook ? The windows copy for my notebook is a different...
  8. Moving APP to another Drive "Delete other apps, to use this drive the other apps must be...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Moving APP to another Drive "Delete other apps, to use this drive the other apps must be...: I am trying to move a game form one drive to another. I have a lot of very important information on my other drive and don't want to delete anything. What other apps does it want to uninstall, is it safe to do so?...
  9. SHA 2 Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SHA 2 Encryption: SHA 2 is due in a few months. Anyone hear any rumors. I think we will get the SHA 256bit Thanks 27878
  10. Need to know how to restore access to encrypted drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to know how to restore access to encrypted drive?: Long story but to start.... I am on Windows 10 64bit. I was cleaning out my User folder and inadvertently deleted something I shouldn't have and now I cannot access my personnal information on an encrypted drive. I have an OLD system image. Can I restore individual...