Windows 10: Is it possible 2 increase the # of characters that folders/icons show?

Discus and support Is it possible 2 increase the # of characters that folders/icons show? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to make the icons/folders bigger so they're easier to see, being able to change the font, and what I want most is to be able to determine the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rammstein420, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Is it possible 2 increase the # of characters that folders/icons show?

I want to make the icons/folders bigger so they're easier to see, being able to change the font, and what I want most is to be able to determine the number of characters icons/folders can have in their name before the name is cut short with an ellipses (and I mean aside from increasing the size of the icons through the view menu in internet explorer). Being able to change the font would be nice as well. Does anyone know how to do ANY of these things? It would be a gigantic help to me. My version of Windows 10 Home 64bit is: 10.19042 Build 19042.

:)

Rammstein420, Jun 15, 2021
  2. pepanee Win User

How To Increase TaskBar ToolTip Character Amount

Hello, I've heard from before that you can increase the amount of characters shown in a ToolTip from a System Tray Icon. As you can see in the attached picture that this information shown is not complete (it cuts out halfway in the third email listed, yet there are currently 5 emails total). I want it to show all the text information that the ToolTip is intending to show. Does anyone know the Registry modification that I need to do to fix this? Thanks

Is it possible 2 increase the # of characters that folders/icons show? [​IMG]

pepanee, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 showing device icons instead of thumbnails in folders

Hi me15prg9926,

There's a possibility that some folder settings may have changed. It could be set to show icons and not thumbnails. To verify that, please follow the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Click the View tab.
    • On the upper-right corner, click Options.
    • On the Folder Options, click the View tab.
    • Under Files and Folders, uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, try checking if the folder icons are already showing thumbnails.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Is it possible 2 increase the # of characters that folders/icons show?

How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Is it possible 2 increase the # of characters that folders/icons show? :D

PVTCaboose1337, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible 2 increase the # of characters that folders/icons show?

1. Is it possible 2 increase the # of characters that folders/icons show? - Similar Threads - possible increase characters

2. Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size: This is not the usual size of file icon problem e.g.- small icon, large icon, extra large icon when i increase the size of the icon the text size stays the same small and i cannot read it as it is zoomed out compared to usual. and its to small to read I've tried ctrl and...
  3. Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size: This is not the usual size of file icon problem e.g.- small icon, large icon, extra large icon when i increase the size of the icon the text size stays the same small and i cannot read it as it is zoomed out compared to usual. and its to small to read I've tried ctrl and...
  4. Increasing The Character count of registry paths.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing The Character count of registry paths.: Hi there everyone, an hour ago I installed the AIG traffic liveries manager to enhance my Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 experience, and when I opened the application, I got the message below...I have not clicked anything since the popup window came up as after searching...
  5. Increasing The Character count of registry paths.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing The Character count of registry paths.: Hi there everyone, an hour ago I installed the AIG traffic liveries manager to enhance my Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 experience, and when I opened the application, I got the message below...I have not clicked anything since the popup window came up as after searching...
  6. Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...: I want to make the icons/folders bigger so they're easier to see, being able to change the font, and what I want most is to be able to determine the number of characters icons/folders can have in their name before the name is cut short with an ellipses and I mean aside from...
  7. Charging icon showing but laptop battery percentage not increasing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Charging icon showing but laptop battery percentage not increasing: Even though when I plug in my laptop it shows me that it's plugged in , it still doesn't charge. It also doesn't show me estimated time until fully charged. What can I do to fix this?...
  8. Increase 260 Character Filename Limit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase 260 Character Filename Limit: Hey guys, I am currently using a dual boot setup with Windows 7 & 10 Home editions. I’ve been trying to increase the 260 character filename limit but I haven’t been successful. I’ve tried everything this person...
  9. Increase 260 Character Filename Limit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increase 260 Character Filename Limit: Hey guys, I am currently using a dual boot setup with Windows 7 & 10 Home editions. I’ve been trying to increase the 260 character filename limit but I haven’t been successful. I’ve tried everything this person has...
  10. Folder not showing all icons or folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder not showing all icons or folders.: I don't even know how to explain this but when I use another program to open a folder so I can put something from the folder into the program it's not showing all the folders that are in the folder, so it's not showing what I need. here is a screenshot of what my folders...