Windows 10: Is it Possible and Ethical,..? For Two OS to be Partitioned on the same Drive?

Discus and support Is it Possible and Ethical,..? For Two OS to be Partitioned on the same Drive? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; mlf68X1 I Mainly use Windows currently Win 10 but also want cool things from Google Chrome.I want to have them together but Dont have the room or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mfrancex1, Jul 12, 2020.

1. mfrancex1 Win User

Is it Possible and Ethical,..? For Two OS to be Partitioned on the same Drive?

mlf68X1

I Mainly use Windows currently Win 10 but also want cool things from Google Chrome.I want to have them together but Dont have the room or Money for 2nd Computers,... Will they Live Together ?

:)

mfrancex1, Jul 12, 2020

2. Is it possible to have two Microsoft to do windows running at same time on Mac OS

I'm going to try to migrate all my data from Things 3 over, but, it would be much easier if I could have two windows open so that I could review work list at the same time as personal list.

Is this possible? Am I being really thick and its straightforward?

Thanks for any suggestions,

ATB

B

echocharliebravo, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Two Partitions With Same Drive Letter on Same Disk

I attempted to add space to one drive partition by expanding it to use some unallocated space. Using Windows Disk Management. Windows created another partition (I) with the same drive letter. The OS (HIs it Possible and Ethical,..?  For Two OS to be Partitioned on the same Drive? :) is just a backup OS in case the SSD (Disk 1) fails.

Is it Possible and Ethical,..?  For Two OS to be Partitioned on the same Drive? 75f574d8-b54e-40e4-8fc5-4375b7ddb58e.jpg

How can I combine the two partitions into one?

Richard99Hughes, Jul 12, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it Possible and Ethical,..? For Two OS to be Partitioned on the same Drive? - Similar Threads - Possible Ethical Partitioned

2. is it possible to combine two partitions with a healthy partition in the middle?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is it possible to combine two partitions with a healthy partition in the middle?: Hi. My primary hard drive is partitioned into two and it has a small healthy partition in the middle. I want to combine both of the partitions together by extending the first partition. However the extension option in the disk management is greyed out. How do I go about...
  3. Two same OS in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two same OS in windows 10?: SAME WINDOWS 10 OPERATING SYSTEM OF HOME SINGLE LANGUAGE I reinstalled my windows 10 Home Single Language. I saw two same "Windows 10: C\Windows :Default OS, Current OS" operating systems, How to delete one of the windows 10? i cant upload my pictures in this website...
  4. Two Listings for Same Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two Listings for Same Drive: I didn't see a section for Storage so I guess I post here. I just installed an external hard drive on a friends computer. I find the drive is listed twice. Same drive letter, same contents. What do I do about this? 163993
  5. Two Partitions With Same Drive Letter on Same Disk; Explores shows differently, Disk...

Two Partitions With Same Drive Letter on Same Disk; Explores shows differently, Disk...: Here are the snippets of it! [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-partitions-with-same-drive-letter-on-same-disk/f97e5b00-bc14-47f2-b280-47aad31caa71
  6. Two OS drives ? For what ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two OS drives ? For what ?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ct0nl2b253p41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=593cabdc6c20455733e5fb87895452af6d724b69 Hello Reddit, I'm a bit confused as to why I have OS(C) and OS(D). Windows 10 is installed once only in OS(C) SSD, upon checking defragment...
  7. Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD: Hi all! My laptop currently has two partitions: the Primary one & one storing files. Due to work, I'd like to create a new partition & install exactly the same image as on my Primary drive, which I'll tweak over time. My Windows is OEM, as it was installed by the...
  8. Two OS's at the same time

Two OS's at the same time: Hello Microsoft Community, I was talking with an agent from Microsoft Support who told me that you could run two operating systems on your computer (for example, Windows 7 and Windows 10). He said you would just have to select which OS you would like to boot into on startup....
  9. Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?

Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?: I have 4 partitions on my HDD and am unable to download some diagnostic software due to this. I have a 500 MB reserved, OS, boot and recovery partitions. Is it possible to merge any of these partitions to make one available in Windows 10 education version?...
  10. Possible to make a partition inaccessible to OS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible to make a partition inaccessible to OS?: Hello, Ok I have a clone of my OS on my original hard drive that I want to keep for warranty reasons since I installed an SSD, the only problem is when I have my original drive hooked up it causes all kinds of little problems because my PC receives commands from both OS's. So...