Windows 10: Is it possible, at all to recover erased folders or files-i.e not just deleted, but...

Discus and support Is it possible, at all to recover erased folders or files-i.e not just deleted, but... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a moment of madness, and managed to remove items with a file eraser application permanently and not via Recycle Bin. Is there a solution, as my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by harold court, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Is it possible, at all to recover erased folders or files-i.e not just deleted, but...

I had a moment of madness, and managed to remove items with a file eraser application permanently and not via Recycle Bin.

Is there a solution, as my action was unintended nas stupid?

:)

harold court, Apr 30, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Is it possible, at all to recover erased folders or files-i.e not just deleted, but... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Is it possible, at all to recover erased folders or files-i.e not just deleted, but... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 30, 2020
  3. recover deleted data???

That was the word on the street (so to speak) all the way back to the DOS days.
    Files are never really erased by the OS. Most every OS just marks the Directory entry for the file, that it was deleted. In the olden days, the filename "Mark.txt" would look like "?ark.txt".

PCTools had an undelete command in it's file manager. All you had to do was provide the first letter for a deleted file and PCTools would recover the file for you.

But if someone had deleted files and then did a defrag, well it was 99% certain that any deleted file was overwritten and gone forever.
    Many logs are written to during bootup and can overwrite deleted file space, so the less activity performed on a drive after file deletion, the better the chance of recovering those files.

I too would like to know the name of that recovery program. I have one tucked away someplace but right now I don't even remember the name of it.*Confused Is it possible, at all to recover erased folders or files-i.e not just deleted, but... :confused:

Cheers Mates!
    The Shadow*Cool Is it possible, at all to recover erased folders or files-i.e not just deleted, but... :cool:

TheShadowFL, Apr 30, 2020
  4. oscer1 Win User

Is it possible, at all to recover erased folders or files-i.e not just deleted, but...

oscer1, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible, at all to recover erased folders or files-i.e not just deleted, but...

1. Is it possible, at all to recover erased folders or files-i.e not just deleted, but... - Similar Threads - possible recover erased

2. Downloads Folder just deleted all files randomly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Folder just deleted all files randomly?: I don't know what happened, but I was just checking to look for something in my downloads folder and a notification popped up saying something along the lines of the folder being unavailable. I have some seriously important files in downloads so I went looking through the web...
  3. Downloads Folder just deleted all files randomly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Folder just deleted all files randomly?: I don't know what happened, but I was just checking to look for something in my downloads folder and a notification popped up saying something along the lines of the folder being unavailable. I have some seriously important files in downloads so I went looking through the web...
  4. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?: Is there a way of recovering a deleted file? I deleted it about a month ago from my desktop, its a keystore file for my game that i really need. I was an idiot and deleted it and now that im trying to update my game it doesnt let me since im using a new one and i need the...
  5. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?: Is there a way of recovering a deleted file? I deleted it about a month ago from my desktop, its a keystore file for my game that i really need. I was an idiot and deleted it and now that im trying to update my game it doesnt let me since im using a new one and i need the...
  6. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. erasing files and folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    erasing files and folders: I am trying to erase all my files and folders, Windows 10 advice does not work. It stops half way through ;reset; Are there any apps that will do the job https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erasing-files-and-folders/226fa19a-6957-41cf-b19e-48ce44ba641e
  8. ALL FILES AND FOLDERS DELETED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALL FILES AND FOLDERS DELETED: All my files and folders have been deleted on my PC and whenever I save a document, it gets deleted when I switch off the PC. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-files-and-folders-deleted/c18ae88f-af6d-4b28-a521-0f1168f0f6de"
  9. possible to recover deleted files?

in Windows 10 Support
    possible to recover deleted files?: Wife just called and told me she deleted her notary foiles off of the thumbdrive. I thought when a file is deleted from a thumbdive it is gone forever. Can it be recovered? It does not show up in the main computer's recycle bin. I told her to eject the drive and not to add...
  10. Recovering erased temp files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering erased temp files: Following the October system update, Windows created a series of temp files in the User Folder duplicating the computer folder structure. These folders were set as default folders of my tax software so that I saved my tax files into these folders only to realize that they...