Windows 10: Is it possible for a WiFi network to block a VPN?

Discus and support Is it possible for a WiFi network to block a VPN? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect my VPN at school so I can listen to Spotify, but I can't connect it. I'm using XVPN on a Dell Inspiron. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Denver_Stylee, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Is it possible for a WiFi network to block a VPN?

I'm trying to connect my VPN at school so I can listen to Spotify, but I can't connect it. I'm using XVPN on a Dell Inspiron.

submitted by /u/Denver_Stylee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Denver_Stylee, Mar 3, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Is it possible for a WiFi network to block a VPN? :D

P4-630, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Is it possible for a WiFi network to block a VPN?

vpn is not working

Hi,

To address your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• Is your WiFi enabled when trying to connect to VPN?
    • Were you able to use WiFi without connecting to VPN?

If you can use WiFi properly without connecting to VPN, we suggest that you refer to your company's IT folks.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible for a WiFi network to block a VPN?

1. Is it possible for a WiFi network to block a VPN? - Similar Threads - possible WiFi network

2. Block and Hide WIFI Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block and Hide WIFI Network: I am trying to block and hide specific SSIDs from my users. I am using "netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid=”SSID Name” networktype=infrastructure". This does make it so the user can't connect but it still shows up at the bottom of the Available Networks list with an...
  3. Block and Hide WIFI Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block and Hide WIFI Network: I am trying to block and hide specific SSIDs from my users. I am using "netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid=”SSID Name” networktype=infrastructure". This does make it so the user can't connect but it still shows up at the bottom of the Available Networks list with an...
  4. Block and Hide WIFI Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Access blocked on certain WiFi network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access blocked on certain WiFi network: I'm trying to play Minecraft on a server, when I connect to mobile hotspot I am able to connect but when I am connected to the WiFi, I am not able to connect to the server. What should I do to fix this? Should I mimic all the network settings of the mobile data to the WiFi?...
  6. Wifi and Vpn?

Wifi and Vpn?: Don't know if this is the right forum but hear goes.I have spectrum internet and wifi.My two computers are hard wired to the wifi modem.My wife on the other hand is in her office working.She is on the bank site which requires her to go through there vpn.My question is could I...
  7. VPN / Blocked bypass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VPN / Blocked bypass: So basically I bought GeForce now to play on my school pc which as you could imagine has restrictions. I play GeForce now via chrome browser because i cannot download it’s actual software because of the admin pop up to download it (when u download stuff and says install file...
  8. Firewall blocked my wifi network.

Firewall blocked my wifi network.: I installed Utorrent web on my windows 10 laptop for downloading some torrent stuff. The next day when I boot my PC a windows firewall setting popped up showing uttorent web app and asking for permission to make the connection secure like saying the wifi in airports,...
  9. BSOD with VPN - possibly related to network drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with VPN - possibly related to network drivers: Hi, I am experiencing BSOD on the University network-eduroam, which have not happened before. It happens few minutes after I am connected to my Okayfreedom VPN, but I do not have this problem at home with my wifi which is strange. There is no problems without the VPN...
  10. Mapping a network drive using certificate but not a VPN - possible?

Mapping a network drive using certificate but not a VPN - possible?: Hey, I currently connect to our office server by way of an installed certificate onto my PC and then using a VPN which is first established before I can map a shared drive and work with the files stores there. Is there a easier way of doing this ? ideally looking for a...