Windows 10: Is it possible for me to remove my motherboard and replace it?

Discus and support Is it possible for me to remove my motherboard and replace it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible for me to remove my motherboard and replace it? I wanted to exchange my cpu, but then realized it's soldered, so I went ahead with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Imposted, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Imposted Win User

Is it possible for me to remove my motherboard and replace it?

Is it possible for me to remove my motherboard and replace it? I wanted to exchange my cpu, but then realized it's soldered, so I went ahead with the plan of changing my motherboard, I have all in one pc, is it possible? My pc: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0HA1GL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The motherboard I want to buy: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HP-24-G-848949-002-848949-602-motherboard-DA0N91MB6D0-i5-6200U-Free-shipping/333317756789?hash=item4d9b495775:g:VE0AAOSwHQxcf7zD

:)

Imposted, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Is it possible for me to remove my motherboard and replace it?

Password incorrect after replacing motherboard.

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

There is some confusion about hardware changes on a Computer that will impact their free upgrade activation status. To clarify, the ONLY hardware changes that can negatively impact a customer’s activation status once they have upgrade are changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    If you replaces the Motherboard they may have to re activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

You can try to perform a clean install.

I would suggest you to create a ISO file from the below Microsoft Help Article and try to reinstall Windows 10.

Download Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible for me to remove my motherboard and replace it?

1. Is it possible for me to remove my motherboard and replace it? - Similar Threads - possible remove motherboard

2. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    motherboard replacement: I got a motherboard replace and the technician install Windows on it. When I got home I found out that my Windows is not activated at all. I run the troubleshooter and it didn't resolve my issue. I have Windows 10 before and it came from the free upgrade when its free.How can...
  3. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    motherboard replacement: I got a motherboard replace and the technician install Windows on it. When I got home I found out that my Windows is not activated at all. I run the troubleshooter and it didn't resolve my issue. I have Windows 10 before and it came from the free upgrade when its free.How can...
  4. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. replacing motherboard

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    replacing motherboard: My laptop has a dead USB C port. I am getting the motherboard replaced. I was told to remove bitlocker. That is fine I understand that. But they are also asking me to remove PIN and password because after board replacement the PIN and password wont work? does this sound...
  6. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replacing motherboard: My laptop has a dead USB C port. I am getting the motherboard replaced. I was told to remove bitlocker. That is fine I understand that. But they are also asking me to remove PIN and password because after board replacement the PIN and password wont work? does this sound...
  7. replacing motherboard

8. Motherboard replacement

Motherboard replacement: Hi, Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 3847 to allow for a TPM chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-replacement/e8383a01-cb84-4ddc-9232-d55c2b894c6b
  9. Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard replacement: Hi, Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 3847 to allow for a TPM chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-replacement/e8383a01-cb84-4ddc-9232-d55c2b894c6b
  10. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    replacing motherboard: Guys, I'm planning to change my motherboard soon (defective ports and still USB 2.0) to a more recent motherboard. Coming from windows 7, I understand that replacing the parts would require a reinstall of the OS but maybe it will be a different case for win10. Just wishful...