Windows 10: Is it possible for OneDrive to not sync a certain desktop folder?

Discus and support Is it possible for OneDrive to not sync a certain desktop folder? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, I am loving the OneDrive feature and my subscription that allows me to backup all my data on my username without worrying to lose data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jan_Dacion, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Is it possible for OneDrive to not sync a certain desktop folder?

Hey guys,

I am loving the OneDrive feature and my subscription that allows me to backup all my data on my username without worrying to lose data whenever I format my hard drive. But I seem to be having one problem with this OneDrive feature and it's that I do not know how to stop it from syncing a certain desktop folder to OneDrive. It's a folder containing dash cam videos that I need to sort out before uploading the ones I want to OneDrive.

I'm currently subscribed to Office 365 Personal, if that helps at all.

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply.

:)

Jan_Dacion, Mar 1, 2020

2. Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive?

Hello!

There is Folder Protection feature in OneDrive, but the only locations which it can sync are Desktop, Documents and Pictures. Can I select other folders to be protected by this feature? Maybe a certain folder which is located in Documents.

Murad Ahmadzada, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive?

Thank you, Diego! But what you suggest is about syncing OneDrive folders with PC. I mean the Folder Protection feature which lets to sync folders on PC to OneDrive.

Murad Ahmadzada, Mar 1, 2020
  4. mystvearn Win User

Is it possible for OneDrive to not sync a certain desktop folder?

Making PC desktop path native to onedrive folder?

Hi, I am using Microsoft office 365 as part of my institution package. Is it possible for the PC desktop files to natively display a folder from the onedrive? I want to make all common C: locations to onedrive locations. So if anything happens, I always have everything sync online?

Previously I synced the locations so from "C:\user\username" to other places on the PC. Previously, I use syncback to syncfolders to Onedrive and other HD's. However, this step is just redundant. When you sync onedrive to the PC, you still need to specify a place on the PC. So from "C:\user\username\ onedrive". Technically, Onedrive still uses a physical place on the PC to store files.
    So what I did is that I specify which part of the onedrive to replace "My Documents", "My Pictures", "Downloads" folder in the quick access. I am having a problem specifying or replacing the Desktop folder. Is it possible to change my native desktop to display directly the desktop on the onedrive online? The only problem I see is application shortcuts. You cannot specify a shortcut to appear on the onedrive folder. Aside from that, I get full autosave function of MS files which is connected to Onedrive. If it is not possible to replace the desktop file, I will still use the same solution with syncback.

Thanks for the suggestions.

mystvearn, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible for OneDrive to not sync a certain desktop folder?

1. Is it possible for OneDrive to not sync a certain desktop folder? - Similar Threads - possible OneDrive sync

2. Certain OneDrive Sync folder location showing 0 kb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain OneDrive Sync folder location showing 0 kb: Trying to set up OneDrive after it got corrupted on 12/4. The "Owner" files show no data and are not sync'ing. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-onedrive-sync-folder-location-showing-0-kb/4896baf0-1c23-43ce-923e-2d0b9cdc3829
  3. Certain OneDrive Sync folder location showing 0 kb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain OneDrive Sync folder location showing 0 kb: Trying to set up OneDrive after it got corrupted on 12/4. The "Owner" files show no data and are not sync'ing. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-onedrive-sync-folder-location-showing-0-kb/4896baf0-1c23-43ce-923e-2d0b9cdc3829
  4. Certain OneDrive Sync folder location showing 0 kb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. OneDrive Sync error in my Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Sync error in my Desktop Folder: I have an annoying sync error problem with OneDrive with files on my desktop that just started happening lately on one of my computers. I use OneDrive to sync certain folders and files across my computers. I do this for certain folders containing Applications that I write and...
  6. OneDrive Desktop Sync

OneDrive Desktop Sync: A user had Job A at PCA and has now moved to Job B at PCB. The Desktop on PCA was synced with OneDrive. We want to sync the Desktop on PCB with OneDrive but keep the Desktops folders separate. How is this done? Thanks for any replies....
  7. Possible to Sync Hard Drive Folder with OneDrive Folder?

Possible to Sync Hard Drive Folder with OneDrive Folder?: I would like to create a sync in which, whenever I update files in a folder on my hard drive, it automatically updates the corresponding folder on my OneDrive. I do not want to have to manually move updated files from the hard drive folder to my OneDrive folder, and I don't...
  8. Onedrive desktop sync

Onedrive desktop sync: My PCs no longer sync Desktops to same OneDrive loaction. Why? And how to fix it? I have 4 PC's. Two desktops and two laptops that I use. And an Ipad and an Android phone. So, I need that sync. I like desktop sync. Tnx Bane...
  9. Syncing only certain desktop files between computers on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing only certain desktop files between computers on OneDrive: I recently bought a laptop running Windows 10, and am trying to set up OneDrive backup between it and my desktop computer at home. I am trying to set it up so that some desktop files are synced and backed up between devices on OneDrive, but some aren't. E.g. I want my music...
  10. Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive?

Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive?: Hello! There is Folder Protection feature in OneDrive, but the only locations which it can sync are Desktop, Documents and Pictures. Can I select other folders to be protected by this feature? Maybe a certain folder which is located in Documents....