Windows 10: Is it possible for Windows hello to use my camera when it is disabled through hotkeys ?

Discus and support Is it possible for Windows hello to use my camera when it is disabled through hotkeys ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying for months now but am in no luck to get Windows hello working when my Camera is disabled using Hotkeys. Is is True that Window's hello... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Unknown_0777, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Is it possible for Windows hello to use my camera when it is disabled through hotkeys ?

I am trying for months now but am in no luck to get Windows hello working when my Camera is disabled using Hotkeys.

Is is True that Window's hello cannot access you camera if it is disabled using Hotkeys ? I read an article saying that it can and then a Microsoft support agent told me it is not possible. So I am not sure who is right. Can anyone confirm this for me ?

submitted by /u/Unknown_0777
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Unknown_0777, Mar 5, 2021
  2. digibucc Win User

Are custom hotkeys possible?

sharpkeys

it also works with media keys, such as mute. idk about mute mic specifically, but it's possible.

are you sure Vent doesn't have a hotkey for it? like ctrl+shift+something? just assign that macro to a key in sharpkeys.

digibucc, Mar 5, 2021
  3. How to disable hotkeys in Lenovo Ideapad MIIX?

Hi Ricardo,

Please refer to the below article to disable the hotkey feature in your device. (Refer to the section below the topic
    Solution which explains steps to disable the hotkeys).

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht072691

If this doesn't helps, I suggest you to contact the Lenovo support team as the device manufacturer has set the hotkeys for the devices for convenient usage. Click on the below link to go to the Lenovo support team;

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/

Let us know if you need further assistance on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Is it possible for Windows hello to use my camera when it is disabled through hotkeys ?

windows hello camera not working

Hello,

Since the issue occurs after an update, it is possible that there's an issue with the drivers on your device. For us to effectively assist you, could you tell us what is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to troubleshoot camera
    problems in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible for Windows hello to use my camera when it is disabled through hotkeys ?

1. Is it possible for Windows hello to use my camera when it is disabled through hotkeys ? - Similar Threads - possible hello camera

2. When using Windows Hello for Business, is it possible for the fallback of a failed facial...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using Windows Hello for Business, is it possible for the fallback of a failed facial...: I have Windows Business Hello enabled to allow face recognition to sign in a domain user. The issue is, when the face recognition fails, I want the fallback to be the domain password and not a pin. I couldn't figure out if this was possible as when I configure the facial...
  3. When using Windows Hello for Business, is it possible for the fallback of a failed facial...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When using Windows Hello for Business, is it possible for the fallback of a failed facial...: I have Windows Business Hello enabled to allow face recognition to sign in a domain user. The issue is, when the face recognition fails, I want the fallback to be the domain password and not a pin. I couldn't figure out if this was possible as when I configure the facial...
  4. Use external camera for Windows Hello on laptop when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use external camera for Windows Hello on laptop when lid is closed: I have a LG Gram laptop that most often is connected to a dock/hub connected to dual monitors and various peripherals, including a Logitech Brio 4K camera, which I bought specifically to use to sign in with Windows Hello facial recognition. The laptop lid is closed when...
  5. Use external camera for Windows Hello on laptop when lid is closed

Use external camera for Windows Hello on laptop when lid is closed: I have a LG Gram laptop that most often is connected to a dock/hub connected to dual monitors and various peripherals, including a Logitech Brio 4K camera, which I bought specifically to use to sign in with Windows Hello facial recognition. The laptop lid is closed when...
  6. Use Hotkeys when Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Hotkeys when Fullscreen: I know windows changed this for game guys so they don't launch calc or whatever when gaming, But I need to kill and launch programs when full screened. Is there a way regedit, etc to restore the old working when full screened functionality?Thanks,-G...
  7. Use Hotkeys when Fullscreen

Use Hotkeys when Fullscreen: I know windows changed this for game guys so they don't launch calc or whatever when gaming, But I need to kill and launch programs when full screened. Is there a way regedit, etc to restore the old working when full screened functionality?Thanks,-G...
  8. Windows Hello recognition through the camera stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello recognition through the camera stopped working: Surface Book. At the end of February, a face in Windows Hello stopped recognizing for no reason. After disconnecting from the settings and trying to restart, it appears that the camera could not be found. Screenshot: https://prnt.sc/r9xaxk . Installing all the latest updates...
  9. Camera with Hello when docked or not

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera with Hello when docked or not: Am I missing something? Is Hello smart enough to use the laptop's camera when not docked, but then use the USB camera when docked? I've a Surface Laptop 2, Microsoft surface dock, and Logitech C920. I'm trying to use facial recognition but Windows 10 seems to only know how to...
  10. Disabling a hotkey in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling a hotkey in Windows Explorer: How can I disable the Ctrl+D hotkey (that deletes files) in Windows Explorer? I'm specifically looking for a solution that does not involve 3rd party software; so preferably something like Group Policy, or a Registry key, or some other built-in method. 87870