Windows 10: Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

Discus and support Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; 1. I have linked my Microsoft account to my digital license. 2. Via "netplwiz", I have deselected "User must enter a user name and password to use this... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Matthew Wai, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

1. I have linked my Microsoft account to my digital license.
    2. Via "netplwiz", I have deselected "User must enter a user name and password to use this computer" for the said account.
    3. I have set a Windows Hello PIN.
    4. At Windows startups, I have to enter either the password or the PIN.

How can I spare the trouble of entering them?

:)

Matthew Wai, Dec 30, 2019

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

1. Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups? - Similar Threads - possible enter password

2. Can't enter PIN on win10 startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enter PIN on win10 startup: I disabled the CNG Key Isolation service and after restarting I can't enter my windiws 10 password the password window just doesn't appear. I can't use sc commands through the command line. I also have windows 7 installed as a second system, but I can’t run win10 applications...
  3. Can't enter PIN on win10 startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't enter PIN on win10 startup: I disabled the CNG Key Isolation service and after restarting I can't enter my windiws 10 password the password window just doesn't appear. I can't use sc commands through the command line. I also have windows 7 installed as a second system, but I can’t run win10 applications...
  4. Can't enter PIN on win10 startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Sound when entering password at windows startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound when entering password at windows startup: My husband's Dell Inspirion laptop started making what I think is a system sound - like a chirp or squeak, not a beep - when he begins typing his password to log on to Windows 10. It only happens then. Would like to remove that sound, if possible. Not finding any similar...
  6. Sound when entering password at windows startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sound when entering password at windows startup: My husband's Dell Inspirion laptop started making what I think is a system sound - like a chirp or squeak, not a beep - when he begins typing his password to log on to Windows 10. It only happens then. Would like to remove that sound, if possible. Not finding any similar...
  7. Sound when entering password at windows startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. password/pin at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password/pin at startup: I had a new hard drive installed in my Windows 10 laptop... now it doesn't ask for the password at startup... I would like that feature back... thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwordpin-at-startup/dfc21509-7438-4ca7-ac2c-0bfd1102430b
  9. Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password: I did a Windows update and now the startup window is only asking me for a pin with no option to enter a password. I never set up a pin, so there is no way for me to login. Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions? submitted by /u/dj_b [link] [comments]...
  10. Is it possible to remove both the need to enter a password AND pin?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to remove both the need to enter a password AND pin?: Hello, My brother and I share the same computer with separate accounts. When we switch accounts, Windows asks us for our Pin or Password. Is it possible to remove this requirement completely? What I'd like to do is click on my name and my desktop just appears without the...